In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

My 78 year old father and my 68 year old mother are taking their sons (40somethings) on a cruise. We're all staying in the same room. Do you think they'll...you know...? How would you feel?

I'd buy them some champagne and get lost for the evening...after high fiving them and hoping all them genes were passed on.

Bill Cosby once said that if you would have told him at 20 that some day he would somday lust for a 62 yr old woman he thought was hot and sexy...he would have thought you were crazy. Now he knows better :D

• 11 years later...
Let the kids go to the kids camp. Be creative about timing. If there older, and don't want to go to the camp. Give them a $5.00 for the archade.

How far would $5 go in the arcade? Maybe 2 minutes? Or do kids still play in the arcade unaccompanied? These older posts are a hoot!

How far would $5 go in the arcade? Maybe 2 minutes? Or do kids still play in the arcade unaccompanied? These older posts are a hoot!

Maybe nearly 12 years ago it would have gone further. Why on earth would you resurrect such an old post without even adding to it?

Very good read, and timely, as we are taking it two teenage son's on Allure for spring break. I wanted to get two cabins, but the wife was nervous having them in their own room in their first time it if the country.

They are probably too old for most of the kids club stuff (14,16), so will have to find other ways to get them to vacate for an hour or two most days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Very good read, and timely, as we are taking it two teenage son's on Allure for spring break. I wanted to get two cabins, but the wife was nervous having them in their own room in their first time it if the country.

They are probably too old for most of the kids club stuff (14,16), so will have to find other ways to get them to vacate for an hour or two most days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Lol, if they are like most teenage boys they'd be trying to get YOU to vacate the room so they can bring someone over

First you resurrected the OTHER sex thread, now this one.

Were you using the search term "sex" to find both of them?!?!?!? Seriously???

Haha... just finished reading this thread. Hilarious!

I told about this thread to our now almost 26 yo son hoping he would laugh too.

He did, but right away he remembered how he walked on us in 2008. We had this tradition to do this first thing after we checked in and while he was exploring ship and kids club. Ooops.

I hoped he would forget.

• 4 months later...
Let the kids go to the kids camp. Be creative about timing. If there older, and don't want to go to the camp. Give them a $5.00 for the archade.

Definitely want it to last longer than what $5 would have gotten our kids in the Arcade back in the day. Not that I’m bragging, but if I had to pay for our kids to be continuously on video games while DW and I were on each other, it would work out much cheaper to upgrade them to their own room (which is what we did after the first two cruises with them).

I think this one really comes down to how you feel about your kids having free run of the ship if they are not in to Camp Carnival. We never had to give our kids much explanation if we said we needed some alone time in the room on a cruise or at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise was when I was eight in 1958 and every cruise the whole family of five shared the same cabin, also if you were a single cruiser you booked a berth in any size cabin you like and the shipping company sold the other berths so no such thing as a single supplement.

Bill Cosby once said that if you would have told him at 20 that some day he would somday lust for a 62 yr old woman he thought was hot and sexy...he would have thought you were crazy. Now he knows better :D

This Cosby quote sure didn’t age well.