How do you carry your Seapass?

ntengwall

I couldn't imagine wearing a seapass card as a necklace. Yuck. I always carry my Royal Carib. backpack during the day because it has lipstick, cigarettes, gum or candy, my camera, a magazine...

At night I put it in my evening bag.

Mine will be in a lanyard during day hours. As for the yuck, my necklace wont matter in a swimsuit or shorts. I dont plan on carrying a bag around with me during day time hours. At night in my bra. (J/K) It will be in an evening purse at night.

Walmart has them for around 2 dollars and the clear plastic case is less then a dollar. I did reinforce the clear plastic case with duct tape only around where it attaches to the hook/clip thingie.

In my fanny pack.

When you wear a speedo everywhere, thats the only option.

Picture me..............

Speedo, fanny pack, black socks and sandals.

Down ladies, down.

OMG! Do you have bruises from warding all the ladies and special men off?

I couldn't imagine wearing a seapass card as a necklace. Yuck. I always carry my Royal Carib. backpack during the day because it has lipstick, cigarettes, gum or candy, my camera, a magazine...

At night I put it in my evening bag.

I know! I've never understood lanyards. I had to wear one for a conference I was at and it was brutal. Why would I wear one on vacation?

My seapass just goes in my pocket or pool bag or whatever. I always bring a bag with an inside pocket for my seapass and bf's smokes and lighter. :)

I don't carry a hotel room key around my neck, and I wouldn't do it on a ship!

I couldn't imagine wearing a seapass card as a necklace. Yuck.

A Seapass card is much more than a hotel room key...it's also the way to purchase anything and everything on a ship...it also is your life line to the ship (getting back on the ship in port). Life line may be a stretch, but it certainly is more than room key. As you can probably tell, we use lanyards. And we certainly don't think of it as a necklace!?! That's a strange comment... And, the line at guest relations is awful long sometimes...I find I don't loose my key with a lanyard and therefore don't have to wait in line to get a new key! :)

Anyway, to the OP, it looks like you have kids, as we do. Our kids would loose the sea pass card much easier if they didn't have it on a lanyard. My wife and I also use lanyards. It makes the card so much easier to carry, find, store in your room, etc. I keep my card "hidden" under my shirt, so it's usually not out there for everyone to see (as it seems some people are offended by it???). We also find that when we get back to our room, the first thing we do is hang up our lanyard on the coat hook. That way, we aren't searching around the room for it when we leave. Using the lanyard really makes it nice (well, it helps the kids mostly!). Not sure why people seem to be offended at the lanyard.

On my second cruise I changed to a Lanyard but when going to dinner at night, I put it into my tiny, black satin purse with a lipstick, etc.

Around my neck is much easier for getting on and off the ship and when I'm in town, I just tuck it inside my top/shirt. I can have my credit card inside the same plastic pocket that's on my lanyard so everything's easy and also protected.

I found some for people I was taking on a "first cruise" at Wal-Mart (as mentioned above) for $2.

I was last on board in October, 2009 and they were $10. on the ship.

Thanks for all the replies! I especially enjoyed the butt cheek one :D

I guess my question was more for my 3 boys but as a woman, it is a bit harder to carry if I only have on a bathingsuit and a wrap (you men are lucky with your velcro pockets in your bathing suits!).

So is the Seapass card and the room key the same size? Both credit card sized? For those who use lanyards....which kind do you prefer...the one with a clear pouch or do you just hole punch the cards and attach directly to the lanyard? Would the room key still work if it's hole punched?

If I were a single mom traveling with three boys, I'd keep all their cards with mine, since I'm assuming you will all stick together on excursions. Deal them out when getting on/off the ship, and gather them back up. It's up to you whether or not you put it in your bag, or wear a lanyard, just do whatever makes you the most comfortable taking care of your gang!:)

Thanks for all the replies! I especially enjoyed the butt cheek one :D

I guess my question was more for my 3 boys but as a woman, it is a bit harder to carry if I only have on a bathingsuit and a wrap (you men are lucky with your velcro pockets in your bathing suits!).

So is the Seapass card and the room key the same size? Both credit card sized? For those who use lanyards....which kind do you prefer...the one with a clear pouch or do you just hole punch the cards and attach directly to the lanyard? Would the room key still work if it's hole punched?

The seapass card IS the room key, credit card sized. And yes, it would work if still punched. Under age kids have holes punched in already to identify them as minors.

I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck. I use the kind that requires a hole punched in the card. I don't carry a purse around during the day on board the ship. At night when going to dinner the card is in my purse.

I find the lanyard especially useful when getting off and back on the ship while in port. I'm not digging around in my pocket or camera bag or whatever looking for it. Once I'm off the ship I take it off and put it in whatever bag I'm taking ashore then put it back on just before getting in the line to get back on board.