(NEW) DCL Carry-On Alcohol Policy.

Host Mick

The Official policy is found here.

Q: May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

A: Effective for cruises embarking on or after September 30, 2015, Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.

Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00 per bottle. Please note:

• These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
  • Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Guest MUST retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed, and no compensation will be offered.
  • Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Please note that the Disney Cruise Line alcohol policy is subject to change without notice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Stupid question........but, I understand that an adult can bring 6 beers onto the ship. I am not much of a drinker and do not like traditional beer. Does anyone know if wine coolers are under the policy of beer. The bottles say "flavored beer" on it.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Hi there! Stupid question........but, I understand that an adult can bring 6 beers onto the ship. I am not much of a drinker and do not like traditional beer. Does anyone know if wine coolers are under the policy of beer. The bottles say "flavored beer" on it.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

You can bring two bottles of wine per person over 21 years aboard.

if they are wine bottle shape, then you should be fine and most likely will not check.

Otherwise, it will depend on the CM's on the day.

ex techie

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it got mentioned before, but we just got back from sailing NCL out of PC last week. On our shuttle ride to our ship we stopped by DCL first. They have a large sign, in typical fancy DCL style, right at the gate before they let you in (right after porters) that spell out what is allowed, what will happen to the other stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
Wine is also in a glass bottle and it is allowed. Wine coolers are in glass bottles the size of glass beer bottles. Are you implying glass is not allowed?

Glass bottles are allowed onboard, so not sure why albeachrealtor would raise that as a point?

Glass is frowned upon on the pool deck and at Castaway Cay, but since all alcoholic beverages brought onboard MUST be consumed in your Stateroom, that should not be a problem ;)

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

• 2 weeks later...

I called Disney Cruise line last week and got a supervisor (who was handling overflow calls) and they told me that "Cider" is not consider "Beer" (despite same bottles and alcohol content) and would not be allowed.

I am not sure if that is being enforced at the port, but that was what I was told.

I am pretty disappointed in the policy changes mainly because I like to shop and try liquor from the places with Port, but I regularly buy beer and spirits on board. Havana club us the biggest loss (not that they have too many good products).

Their old policy was something I considered in the "plus" column for the Disney Cruise Line.

• 9 months later...
Are Hard Mike's considered beer?

Can I bring the mini bottles of wine or champagne if they equal less than 750ml? I can't drink a whole bottle.

Thanks! Trying to get my shopping lists in order!

No and No unfortunately if the policy is followed.

Hard Mikes is not beer even if it does contain malt liquor, and the champagne allowance is for 2 bottles up to 750ml each, not 1.5 liters of champagne.

Maybe bring a champagne bottle stopper to prevent the contents going flat?

https://www.amazon.com/Winco-811642017703-upc-Champagne-Stopper/dp/B005I4GP3Y

ex techie

No and No unfortunately if the policy is followed.

Hard Mikes is not beer even if it does contain malt liquor, and the champagne allowance is for 2 bottles up to 750ml each, not 1.5 liters of champagne.

Maybe bring a champagne bottle stopper to prevent the contents going flat?

https://www.amazon.com/Winco-811642017703-upc-Champagne-Stopper/dp/B005I4GP3Y

ex techie

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
The Official policy is found here.

Q: May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

A: Effective for cruises embarking on or after September 30, 2015, Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.

Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00 per bottle. Please note:

• These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
  • Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Guest MUST retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed, and no compensation will be offered.
  • Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Please note that the Disney Cruise Line alcohol policy is subject to change without notice.

So we aren't allowed to buy liquor in port? This is a bit confusing! I realize it must be stored and claimed at the end of the cruise. Of course, we are only on a 3 night cruise, and only disembarking at CC...so it isn't much if an issue this time, but may persuade us to cruise on other cruise lines for longer cruises in the future.

So we aren't allowed to buy liquor in port? This is a bit confusing! I realize it must be stored and claimed at the end of the cruise. Of course, we are only on a 3 night cruise, and only disembarking at CC...so it isn't much if an issue this time, but may persuade us to cruise on other cruise lines for longer cruises in the future.

You may buy liquor in port, but just like duty free liquor sales, they will be held until the end of the cruise for you to collect.

DCL do not permit you to bring or consume your own bought hard liquor in your Stateroom or elsewhere aboard.

You may bring aboard 2 bottles of wine or champagne (max 750ml per bottle) OR 6 12oz beers per person aged 21 and over at the beginning of the cruise and again at each port stop thereafter.

ex techie

You may buy liquor in port, but just like duty free liquor sales, they will be held until the end of the cruise for you to collect.

DCL do not permit you to bring or consume your own bought hard liquor in your Stateroom or elsewhere aboard.

You may bring aboard 2 bottles of wine or champagne (max 750ml per bottle) OR 6 12oz beers per person aged 21 and over at the beginning of the cruise and again at each port stop thereafter.

ex techie

Thank you for this! I was a bit disappointed that I can't buy any liquor in ports, but them stowing is is just fine with me!!

• 2 months later...

I'd imagine that was fine. It's the amount, not the vessel. Interesting story... We had two bottles in paper in a Target bag. My wife went through without me - I was out in the parking garage. They didn't inspect the bottles at all or care that it was just her with two bottles.

I'd imagine that was fine. It's the amount, not the vessel. Interesting story... We had two bottles in paper in a Target bag. My wife went through without me - I was out in the parking garage. They didn't inspect the bottles at all or care that it was just her with two bottles.

Ummm....the rule is 2 bottles per person not to exceed 750ml. each. There is no reason for them to have a problem with your wife having 2 bottles. As a couple, you were entitled to bring a total of 4 bottles.

There is really no reason to bring boxed wine (unless that is your preferred kind) but stick to the quantities that they allow. Keep in mind that with Disney, you can bring beer/wine back on the ship at each port. So, bring your good bottles day one, and then buy more in port and bring it back to the boat. :)

Ummm....the rule is 2 bottles per person not to exceed 750ml. each. There is no reason for them to have a problem with your wife having 2 bottles. As a couple' date=' you were entitled to bring a total of 4 bottles.[/quote']

D'oh, you're right. I was thinking it was one bottle or six beers.