Skagway - can I pull this all off?

kathyemma

We will be in Skayway from 7am to 9pm.

We are thinking of booking the Skagway Glacier ATV tour that leaves at 8 am and returns to the ship at 1pm. We would then walk into town to grab lunch. (or should we eat on the ship?) At 3pm we would have to be back at the ship to meet the next tour - Ocean Raft Wildlife Adventure Shore Tour. This tour is only two hours. That would put us back at the ship at 5pm. Once again we would walk into town for dinner and drinks. Is this doable? Second question - the raft tour with the cost? It is 152 per person (there are three of us) - description below.

Ocean Raft Wildlife Adventure Shore Tour

We will start this Skagway shore excursion by outfitting you in the same gear worn by US Coast Guard rescue teams. Everyone will wear a one-piece exposure suit to keep you warm and dry throughout the trip. This suit fits right over your regular clothing. You will also have Oakley goggles, gloves and balaclavas (head covering) provided to enhance the experience.

After you are outfitted for this Skagway shore trip, we will board the vessel in the Skagway boat harbor, right next to the cruise ship docks. After a brief safety orientation aboard the boat, we will race out into Tayia Inlet and begin our tour of North America's longest and deepest Fjord.

On this tour, you will be riding on the same type of boat used by U.S. Navy Seals and Coast Guard rescue teams. With its deep V hull surrounded by inflatable tubes, this boat is designed to deliver a comfortable ride in any ocean condition. Its special design allows us to get extra-close to the shore while exploring hidden coves, waterfalls, beaches and wildlife. You will straddle our custom shock-absorbing seats as we race by the steep rock walls of this spectacular fjord. On this fun filled two hour adventure tour, your Captain will make multiple stops for photo opportunities and wildlife sightings are abundant. Eagles seem to be everywhere and keep your eyes open looking for seals, mountain goats and the occasional whale.

Our US Coast Guard certified Captains will provide a colorful narrative while under way, sharing their extensive knowledge of local animals, plants, history and geology. On occasion, the captain will turn the engines off, allowing you to soak in the sights and sounds of this pristine Alaskan wilderness.

Timing sounds doable. 2 hours is a nice gap between the two to allow for the first one running late. Personally, I would grab something quick on the ship for lunch. Then use any extra time to walk around and enjoy the town. There is a visitors center with a movie about the gold rush (i enjoy the history aspect of understanding what I'm seeing) We didn't eat on shore, but did go the the brewery at the end of the main street. Lines were long, but you have plenty of time for dinner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Timing sounds doable. 2 hours is a nice gap between the two to allow for the first one running late. Personally, I would grab something quick on the ship for lunch. Then use any extra time to walk around and enjoy the town. There is a visitors center with a movie about the gold rush (i enjoy the history aspect of understanding what I'm seeing) We didn't eat on shore, but did go the the brewery at the end of the main street. Lines were long, but you have plenty of time for dinner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I don't suppose you remember the name of the brewery? We love Breweries but my daughter and I are both vegetarian. So I like to check out menus before hand.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...