Mahahual Restaurant suggestions?

The Hubs and I are planning to get out of Costa Maya and experience the town of Mahahual. It's the only day we don't have an excursion booked. I've read a lot of ppl like Tropicante. What about the Krazy Lobster? Looking for suggestions for a chill, relaxing day with my toes in the sand and not a lot of pushy peddlers...

• 1 month later...

Haven't been to this site but be careful we watch a French family try to dispute a bill and then found that they upped the prices on us too. We order guac and thought it was pricey at $10. Turned out to be $25 because without telling us chips were not included. They brought them and we ate them. Didn't find out they were $15 additional. Not sure how you would eat guac without them. The beer were $5 on the menu still we assumed that soda would be that or less. The price was not on the menu and they ended up charging me $10 each. We liked Costa Maya but hesitate to book cruises that stop there now.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Haven't been to this site but be careful we watch a French family try to dispute a bill and then found that they upped the prices on us too. We order guac and thought it was pricey at $10. Turned out to be $25 because without telling us chips were not included. They brought them and we ate them. Didn't find out they were $15 additional. Not sure how you would eat guac without them. The beer were $5 on the menu still we assumed that soda would be that or less. The price was not on the menu and they ended up charging me $10 each. We liked Costa Maya but hesitate to book cruises that stop there now.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

What restaurant was this? We went to Krazy Lobster and it was sooo good and so cheap! $1 Coronas!! $8/ 3 HUGE shrimp tacos so big I couldn't eat them all, and I'm a big eater. Prices were cheap on everything else too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tropicante or Fernando's 100% Agave! Last time I was in Costa Maya on the Navigator Fernando's was closed for the day, so I went to Tropicante. Fernando's is usually my top recommendation... but it's not always open. Both are great. As others have said.. Steve is the best!!!

I did a review of Krazy Lobster on our blog here: https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

4/18/18 3:30p est, WordPress is having issues- should be back up here shortly per support

A couple notes, we found it difficult to navigate our way OUT of the Costa Maya port- you're trapped in there a bit, but keep pressing on and you'll find the exit- they'd prefer you just stay there :)

Once we got to Mahahual, we went to Krazy and had a few hours for lunch, beers and beach time. There are TONS of choices and yes they do mess with the bill- so pay attention. Lots of shopping in the area as well and taxi's were plentiful both there and back. Pics and more details in the blog.

Enjoy!