Magic Class - 2 Bedroom opinions or pics?

axelskater

My mom and I have been on several 3 or 4 day voyages in the warmer climates on the Magic & Dream. We will be booking our 1st 7 day voyage for fall 2019 New England/Canada - these are usually the Magic, I think. I thought since it is 7 days it would be nice if each had our own bedroom.

Has anyone tried the 2 bedroom suites? I was thinking about it, then noticed the pictures look like the extra bedroom is just a tiny afterthought with no natural lighting and a pretty drab look. It looked a bit like it might not even be worth the extra cost but does anyone who has stayed in one have opinions on them? Any candid pics of the living area or 2nd bedroom? I could not tell on line if the extra bedroom even had a dresser or a walk in closet. Thank you for any opinions in advance. Since we will be on board for 7 days, want to make sure we're each comfy!

http://www.disneycruiser.info/cat2.htm

THis is a link to a review with photos. I've been in the 2 bedroom suite, but have not stayed there. The second bedroom was definitely designed as a kid's bedroom with not nearly the bathroom set up of the master bedroom. Yes, the second bedroom does have a dresser and a walk in closet.

The Fantasy has concierge level cabins that adjoin the 1 bedroom suites. These were designed for larger families, and the adjoining cabin has a balcony, etc. I don't know if the Magic added any of these at the re-imagination dry dock; I know they were not a part of the original design of the ship.

Thank you for that link with candid pictures. It does indeed seem suited for kids and my mom and I like to enjoy our time in our stateroom and out. We will stick with the 1BR since the cabin stewards always make it a nice bedroom in the evenings and it is a nice spot to nap during the day after they change it back to a sitting area. Definitely not worth the extra funds for the 2 BR for 2 adults who both want balcony / natural light areas

The 2019 dates aren't out yet, but there are only three Canada cruises this year, a 4-day from NY to Saint John and back and then two 7-day cruises New York to Quebec and then Quebec to NY. Past Canada cruises from NYC were 5-day cruises to Halifax and Saint John. It will be interesting to see what itineraries they come out with for 20-19.