Radiance OTS in-cabin tea / coffee facilities?

Looking at the pic's of the cabins on here (we're in D1 class if that makes a difference) a kettle AND a coffee maker are shown.

Today one of her customers (just off this ship) told my wife there was NO kettle in their cabin! Can this be true?

Really, if we can't make a goodnight cup of tea, life won't be worth living!

Edited by Felixbrisbane

Looking at the pic's of the cabins on here (we're in D1 class if that makes a difference) a kettle AND a coffee maker are shown.

Today one of her customers (just off this ship) told my wife there was NO kettle in their cabin! Can this be true?

Oh dear, conflicting information. I asked a friend who was on a Rock the Boat out of Sydney last year and she said they did in their inside cabin, but horror of horrors, if someone got of recently and they said no, I would be horrified.

The kettle is the thing I switch on first thing in the morning on the way to the loo. Members of this site usually from the US say, 'Why don't you get room service to bring boiling water' or "go up to the Windjammer for it" Alas, they just don't understand.

The kettles must be there on the ship somewhere, perhaps our Room Steward can be 'persuaded' to find us one on our Radiance cruise starting 1 March. The 'persuasion' would be worth every penny.

I've asked on the roll call if the previous cruise to ours (that would be the 13/2 Top end cruise) that if some one has the internet package, can they post if they have a kettle in their cabin or not.

If not, from what I have been told you can get boiling water 24hrs a day from the cafe in the solarium. I've got a $12 Kmart thermos, I'll take it with me and leave it behind when we get off.

I've got a $12 Kmart thermos, I'll take it with me and leave it behind when we get off.

I bought a Thermos for about $25 just before Christmas and it claims that it keeps things hot for 18 hours. I also have another insulated container from Cheeki that claims it keeps water hot for 24 hours and keeps water cold for 36 hours. I am going to test them in the next few days, so I will post results here.

The reason I have bought them is exactly this. Having a strong espresso without the need to get dressed and go up to the buffet.

I am also intending to buy a Wacaco Nanopresso - a tiny manual coffee machine that gets 18 bar pressure for your espresso.

Take the sachets of Nescafe or Moccona Cappucino. Then use water from cabin kettle or from buffet. Vola !! Enjoy !! Who needs a Princess coffee card, or needs to purchase on board cappas, we don't !!

Just arrived in our 9th deck cabin. NO KETTLE. Will ask steward though. Our fridge also not working. North American style electric outlets (we came prepared).

Awful boarding shmozzle but NOT the fault of rci or oct. There was a 10 story fire near circular quay and roads closed, train station out of service.

Otherwise all good, off to get

food

Been on radiance a few times. There has never been a kettle.

I have often seen all the kettles and power strips that people brought with them awaiting pick up at debarkation.

Just get boiling water, coffee, tea etc up at the solarium on deck 11.

Just arrived in our 9th deck cabin. NO KETTLE. Will ask steward though. Our fridge also not working. North American style electric outlets (we came prepared).

Awful boarding shmozzle but NOT the fault of rci or oct. There was a 10 story fire near circular quay and roads closed, train station out of service.

Otherwise all good, off to get

food

Yes a fire at a high rise construction site near Circular Quay, caused a few disruptions today. Enjoy your cruise.

Well good news for us tea grannys. Asked the steward if a kettle could be arranged. He said "suites only" but offered to have room service bring us a big jug of hot water every evening at whatever time (9:30 suits us) at no charge.

Very happy with that. Couldn't ask for better really.

I bought a Thermos for about $25 just before Christmas and it claims that it keeps things hot for 18 hours. I also have another insulated container from Cheeki that claims it keeps water hot for 24 hours and keeps water cold for 36 hours. I am going to test them in the next few days, so I will post results here.

The Thermos brand was definitely the better of the two. It is 36 hours since I started the test and the Thermos water is still noticeably hot (but not hot enough for coffee).

The Thermos brand was definitely the better of the two. It is 36 hours since I started the test and the Thermos water is still noticeably hot (but not hot enough for coffee).
You get what you pay for, so to speak. Thermos brand is the original and best, used ours many times on the road.:cool:

Reason I started this thread in the first place was that the D1 cabin pic's *on this site* clearly show coffee and tea making facilities. So I was perplexed when ppl indicated that was not right. As mentioned above, the steward has sorted it out. Extra tip indicated for him :)