Question for Bonnie regarding correct cruise terminal for Sydney - Journey March 7th/

2ndsailing

Bonnie

I noticed our e-documents shows that we board the Journey at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, the Rocks, but the Sydney Cruise Port website shows the Journey embarking at White Bay Cruise Terminal. Bonnie are you able to confirm which terminal we will be embarking at? We leave next week and will be travelling around Australia before we board on March 7th.

Thanks so much.

Oh dear I wonder if you have the same problem as the 25 March and 8 April cruise Looks like for these two they have pulled through the RC/Celebrty info the embarkation spot for the large ships and somehow Azamara has got lost in the big parent machine.

Oh dear I wonder if you have the same problem as the 25 March and 8 April cruise Looks like for these two they have pulled through the RC/Celebrty info the embarkation spot for the large ships and somehow Azamara has got lost in the big parent machine.
I think so. We are also on March 25th cruise.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Edited by 2ndsailing
typo

Ill get back to you on Monday with a definitive answer.

Bonnie did you get a chance to look into this for me?

Heather

Hi 2ndSailing,

Yes, I've looked into it, and have the answer for you. But...I'm waiting for the go-ahead to post. Our protocol is that I am to wait until those booked have been notified, which was scheduled for today. Have you asked your TA if they've received a notice from us?

Hi 2ndSailing,

Yes, I've looked into it, and have the answer for you. But...I'm waiting for the go-ahead to post. Our protocol is that I am to wait until those booked have been notified, which was scheduled for today. Have you asked your TA if they've received a notice from us?

I was in touch with my TA earlier today and she did not mention receiving an email from Azamara. She knows we are waiting for clarification so I'm sure if she had received it, she would have mentioned it to me. Maybe she'll receive it tomorrow. We're also on the March 25th cruise which has a port discrepancy as well, but since we're doing a b2b its not as important to us.

I just checked my Voyage Summary online and it still shows the embarkation port as the Overseas Passenger Terminal, the Rocks.

I just checked the Port Authority in Australia and it says the Journey is going to be at White Bay Cruise Terminal.

Yes it does but e-documents from Azamara does not. Still waiting for clarification. We will be in Sydney a few days before we board on March 7th...guess we'll have to "look where it comes in on March 6th".

I need to know because I have arranged private transportation from the port and am staying in Sydney for a few days before heading home. I do not understand if you know, Bonnie, you can not tell us. The protocol makes no sense. What if I had booked my trip without a TA? Just saying!

Thank you Bonnie! I appreciate everything you did.

I received an email from Azamara a few minutes ago. My TA never received anything and was unsuccessful getting information from her Azamara Rep today.

The email from Azamara says that they have arranged to move the ship's station from White Bay to the the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

I checked the port website and it has changed to the Overseas Passenger Terminal too.

This is great news!

Time to pack, we leave on Friday!

Edited by 2ndsailing

We’ve confirmed that for the February 22, 2018 and March 7, 2018 voyages, the Azamara Journey has been arranged to move the ship’s station from White Bay to the Overseas Passenger Terminal (located 130 Argyle St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia). This puts the Azamara Journey in the very heart of Sydney’s waterfront action. A communication was been sent to booked guests yesterday, please refer to communication letter for details.

We’ve confirmed that for the February 22, 2018 and March 7, 2018 voyages, the Azamara Journey has been arranged to move the ship’s station from White Bay to the Overseas Passenger Terminal (located 130 Argyle St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia). This puts the Azamara Journey in the very heart of Sydney’s waterfront action. A communication was been sent to booked guests yesterday, please refer to communication letter for details.

Bonnie - Thank you so much for looking into this. I appreciate your efforts very much. Looking forward to my first Azamara cruise very much.

You are very lucky to be in the OPT...although on our Journey cruise that ended February 8 we weren't and suffered no ill effects. On the last day of that wonderful cruise we had a terrific guide who managed to make sense-to an outsider-of Australian history. He recommended a book that is such an easy, fun read...and I pass the tip along for free. It's called "Girt". The title is drawn from the Australian national anthem, which apparently describes Australia as girt by sea. Fans of Bill Bryson will just love this book. Available on Amazon and other outlets, I am sure. You can read it on the plane, but will disturb your fellow travelers with your uncontained laughter. I was so glad to get this recommendation, as we weren't able to get much history from our guides, apart from this one on our last day.

• 2 weeks later...