Oct 23, 2018 Trans - Only 1 Shore Excursion for Cuba? WHY??

pirokp

Hi,

We are booked on the October 23, 2018 sailing (actually was booked on original one and it got changed to this). We are US citizens and it is our understanding we have to take ship tours in Cuba. There is only one tour! An evening 4 hour tour and that is it!

Maybe BONNIE knows, when or if, more tours are going to be added? We might consider canceling if this is the only tour, as it appears the only way we can see Cuba for US citizens is with ship tours. Also the arrival time and departure time make it difficult for us to try and find a US sponsored organization doing a tour.

I hope someone knows if more tours will be offered.

I think it’s likely there will be more excursions, however from reading threads on Cruise Critic I think you do not need to book ships tours - but you do have to book with approved tour providers. It’s worth you having a look at this thread, headed Cuba Confusion https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2587111

Some of the Roll-calls for Cuba cruises cover this as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I think it’s likely there will be more excursions, however from reading threads on Cruise Critic I think you do not need to book ships tours - but you do have to book with approved tour providers. It’s worth you having a look at this thread, headed Cuba Confusion https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2587111

Some of the Roll-calls for Cuba cruises cover this as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, we have been following that thread too. We have a lot of OBC to use, and were hoping to use it on tours. I wish we had full days in Cuba, 1/2 days make it hard to organize a tour on our own that meets the US citizen requirements.

Hi,

We are booked on the October 23, 2018 sailing (actually was booked on original one and it got changed to this). We are US citizens and it is our understanding we have to take ship tours in Cuba. There is only one tour! An evening 4 hour tour and that is it!

Maybe BONNIE knows, when or if, more tours are going to be added? We might consider canceling if this is the only tour, as it appears the only way we can see Cuba for US citizens is with ship tours. Also the arrival time and departure time make it difficult for us to try and find a US sponsored organization doing a tour.

I can guarantee there will be more than one tour offered by us in Cuba! If they're not showing up yet, I'll let our Tour Department know.

Hi,

On another thread Bonnie finally was able to get some clarifications on several questions. You thought you needed to take Azamara tours in Cuba and that is not the case at all. Here is a copy/paste of her answers.

Originally posted by BBMacLaird I have more specific answers for you, and I apologize for the delay clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

1) Can a person obtain their own legal visa for Cuba in their home country or do they have to obtain one through Azamara?

Guests may obtain their own visa as long as it is the approved tourist visa to enter Cuba. If a guest purchases their own visa and it is the incorrect one, they will need to purchase a new one onboard. 

2) Are ONLY Azamara tours acceptable in order to disembark the ship in Cuba?

Guests may purchase a tour with a third-party company. However, it is the responsibility of the guest to ensure the purchased tour complies with the new US regulations, is sponsored by a US organization, and offers a full-day schedule of educational exchange activities. 

3) Are non-US citizens able to disembark inCuba with a valid Visa from their home country and not be restricted by US regulations as to where they can go and what they can do?

The new regulations apply to all guests, regardless of nationality or country of residence, since the ship is wholly-owned by a company subject to U.S. jurisdiction.

I saw that thanks. With our short days in port, and OBC, we hope to book with Azamara. Hopefully there will be more than one tour available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told last week they are actively working on the shorex for this voyage. Hopefully everything will be online soon!

Update 2/20/18:

I’ve confirmed there are now 8 tours offered on this sailing for Havana! The online brochure will be refreshed soon (within a few days, not hours.)

But if you log into your Voyage Planner account, all 8 Havana tours should be visible and available for purchase.

Greetings

We are booked on Journey for an early 2019 cruise to Cuba. Is independent touring allowed for those guest who qualify for the "family visit" category of the US regulations?

Good Sailing

Tom

Originally posted by BBMacLaird I have more specific answers for you, and I apologize for the delay :o

1) Can a person obtain their own legal visa for Cuba in their home country or do they have to obtain one through Azamara?

Guests may obtain their own visa as long as it is the approved tourist visa to enter Cuba. If a guest purchases their own visa and it is the incorrect one, they will need to purchase a new one onboard. 

Guests may purchase a tour with a third-party company. However, it is the responsibility of the guest to ensure the purchased tour complies with the new US regulations, is sponsored by a US organization, and offers a full-day schedule of educational exchange activities. 

3) Are non-US citizens able to disembark inCuba with a valid Visa from their home country and not be restricted by US regulations as to where they can go and what they can do?

The new regulations apply to all guests, regardless of nationality or country of residence, since the ship is wholly-owned by a company subject to U.S. jurisdiction.

We will be doing our own independent tours on the visa "Support for the Cuban People"

Originally posted by BBMacLaird I have more specific answers for you, and I apologize for the delay :o

We will be doing our own independent tours on the visa "Support for the Cuban People"

Greetings

Sorry, this still doesn't answer the question. Under the "family visit" category US citizens are not required to participate in educational exchange activities. We have been allowed to travel to Cuba for many years under this exemption. I need to know if Azamara will allow us to exit the ship roam on our own or will Azamara expect us to be part of some organized event.

Good Sailing

Tom