scooters and accident health insurance

casperbks

I will be needing a scooter for my next cruise and I would like to know the best place to rent a scooter and how much they cost to rent??? ALSO I will need accident health insurance where should I get it from carnival or some where else and what are the costs,, thank you for all of your help,,,happy cruising,:cool:

You can compare insurance policies on Insuremytrip.com.

Scooters will depend upon the port. Many places are not really safe. Be careful whatever you do.

Aloha

I think that they mean a mobility scooter.

I will be needing a scooter for my next cruise and I would like to know the best place to rent a scooter and how much they cost to rent??? ALSO I will need accident health insurance where should I get it from carnival or some where else and what are the costs,, thank you for all of your help,,,happy cruising,:cool:

You can rent a mobility scooter from Scootaround or Special Needs at Sea. Those are the only two vendors that Carnival works with. You can call them or check their websites for prices, as they have different scooters depending on your size.

You should be aware that you are not permitted to store or charge the scooter in the hallway due to SOLAS regulations. If you don’t already have a handicapped cabin, you should look into moving into one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scooter

It you want it delivered to and picked up from the ship than it has to be rented from either www.scootaround.com or www.specialneedsatsea.com Both are approved Carnival vendors.Cost varies based on the following criteria

• Embarkation Port
  • Debarkation Port
  • Number of cruise days
  • Weight of the end user
  • Weight capacity of scooter required. The rental company will make the determination whether a standard, full size or bariatric scooter is required based on the end user weight.
  • if damage and or replacement insurance is purchased,

Insurance

If a pre-existing condition waiver is needed, the policy has to be purchased within 10 -14 days ( varies by insurer and policy) of the booking date. The following are all good websites to compare policies and cost:

Edited by xxoocruiser

When I looked into renting I found out my existing insurance covered the cost of a Travelscoot scooter so I purchased it outright and have the added benefit of having at my disposal anytime I need it. Since I am a medical mess I found that not a single insurance company would cover me. I’m in Canada so how it affects you might be different. In the end I traveled without any additional insurance. Regardless please make sure you read through the exclusions as it would be really disappointing to find out you’ve paid for a policy that won’t pay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a Travelscoot and I have travelled extensively with it. It is a tough little scooter and has covered many miles with me on it. As far as insurance, I too have medical issues but I am insured on a yearly basis with Medoc/Johnson. We also have our regular Provincial insurance. I was under the impression that Medoc/Johnson don't refuse anyone (you just pay a higher premium.) You can check it out. There is a questionnaire and there are 3 different options. My hubby pays the lowest rate and I pay the highest. We are insured for all trips we take during the year. Have had to make some claims over the years and they have been great to deal with. Hope you have some success with them.

I think that they mean a mobility scooter.

You can rent a mobility scooter from Scootaround or Special Needs at Sea. Those are the only two vendors that Carnival works with. You can call them or check their websites for prices, as they have different scooters depending on your size.

You should be aware that you are not permitted to store or charge the scooter in the hallway due to SOLAS regulations. If you don’t already have a handicapped cabin, you should look into moving into one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have rented from Special Needs at Sea and for the heavy duty scooter was $275 for the week. We rented one last cruise. We had a 4K cabin, (French Door Interior) the same size as a balcony cabin. We had 4 people in the room and the scooter. It was a tight fit, but it was rarely a problem. We are doing it again in two weeks.

When purchasing trip insurance, it is critical to do this within 24-48 hours after booking your trip. In that time frame, pre-existing conditions will be covered, but not if you wait longer to book. I usually book my trip insurance through this site: https://www.squaremouth.com/

My TA sells us Allianz and we don't have to get it until final payment with coverage for pre-existing conditions. I have heard other people say that some other companies also work this way.

We just returned from a trip with friends. They rented a scooter from Medmart which is all across the country, for just $99. for a week. We happened to be on a driving trip but it would have been fine to take on a plane or ship. Last year when we cruised with them, they rented one thru Special needs at sea. That rental was about $275. including insurance on it. You could rent one before you leave home and save a lot.

We just returned from a trip with friends. They rented a scooter from Medmart which is all across the country, for just $99. for a week. We happened to be on a driving trip but it would have been fine to take on a plane or ship. Last year when we cruised with them, they rented one thru Special needs at sea. That rental was about $275. including insurance on it. You could rent one before you leave home and save a lot.

To the best of my knowledge Medmart does not have locations all across the country. It has 3 locations in Ohio. However most local brick & motar Durable Medical Equipment stores do provide weekly rental rates.

According to med Mart's website they list locations in the following ZIP Codes. 61540, 78501, 89060, 89447, 92507, 93240, 89706, 92691, 93561, 90755. Also according to their website it says locations in Ohio California Illinois Nevada in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to med Mart's website they list locations in the following ZIP Codes. 61540, 78501, 89060, 89447, 92507, 93240, 89706, 92691, 93561, 90755. Also according to their website it says locations in Ohio California Illinois Nevada in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All the zip codes you list only apply to California, Illinois and Nevada even including Ohio it's stretching it by stating Medmart has locations all across the country.

Went on MedMart's website typed in Illinois and it states no locations found. DId a web search for Medmart's in Illinois and again nothing found. Chose Illinois as that's where I reside. Perhaps the website hasn't been updated in a while.