Suite Perks: Specialty Restaurants

Priya2

Oh my! I’m really quite excited. We hadn’t planned to book a suite. We usually have a balcony cabin. We were making a price comparison on an Antartica Cruise, January 2019 between Celebrity and Azamara on the Journey. Taking account of AZ early discounts, free wifi (which we always buy), gratuities and the included drinks, a suite on AZ was £20 or so more than Celebrity!

I know we could have saved money by going for a Balcony Cabin, but decided to treat us (hubby leaves all of this stuff to me, preferring just to enjoy whatever comes his way).

Sounds like it will be great 😃

Oh my! I’m really quite excited. We hadn’t planned to book a suite. We usually have a balcony cabin. We were making a price comparison on an Antartica Cruise, January 2019 between Celebrity and Azamara on the Journey. Taking account of AZ early discounts, free wifi (which we always buy), gratuities and the included drinks, a suite on AZ was £20 or so more than Celebrity!

I know we could have saved money by going for a Balcony Cabin, but decided to treat us (hubby leaves all of this stuff to me, preferring just to enjoy whatever comes his way).

Sounds like it will be great 😃

You also get free use of the private terrace at the front of the ship on deck 9 and the t-pool there. I don’t think it says that anywhere.

Phil

Enjoy your suite, Priya2! :ship:

Here’s a link where you’ll find the list of benefits for our suite guests: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/our-ships/suites

Yes Bonnie. It's as I thought. Use of the terrace at the front isn’t specified in the list. They need to mention it. It’s a nice benefit.

Phil

Yes Bonnie. It's as I thought. Use of the terrace at the front isn’t specified in the list. They need to mention it. It’s a nice benefit.

Phil

It’s a fantastic benefit and hardly used. Hubby and I sat in the hot tub on our own at sail away and it was just wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s a fantastic benefit and hardly used. Hubby and I sat in the hot tub on our own at sail away and it was just wonderful!

Ya, perhaps I shouldn’t have said anything! Lol. To be fair, on some sailings it’s quiet and on others it’s busy. When Journey and Quest did their tandem sail out of Barcelona I stood up there and I was all by myself. It was really great. Here:

Phil

Ya, perhaps I shouldn’t have said anything! Lol. To be fair, on some sailings it’s quiet and on others it’s busy. When Journey and Quest did their tandem sail out of Barcelona I stood up there and I was all by myself. It was really great. Here:

Phil

Happy memories of being on Azamara - great video! We’re doing the Cuban/Caribbean cruise this Christmas on Journey and it can’t come soon enough - need some sunshine as it’s Baltic outside ❄️❄️❄️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy memories of being on Azamara - great video! We’re doing the Cuban/Caribbean cruise this Christmas on Journey and it can’t come soon enough - need some sunshine as it’s Baltic outside ❄️❄️❄️

Enjoy. It's not Bali here in the UK either. Some warm sun sounds good!

Phil

Wish it was Bali! I’m in Liverpool! Bloody freezing!

Same here in darkest Hertfordshire! I posted a cryptic on another thread. The video gives a clue, but you didn't hear it from me. Ok?!;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55247330#post55247330

Phil

The Specialty Restaurant perk is indeed a good one. We make alternating reservations, one night in Prime C, the next in Aqualina, etc. Menus and service are terrific, but it can be a lot of food, pace yourselves.

The main reason I prefer the speciality dining is that I found the tables in terms MDR far too close together. But I'm not an expert on azamara so things may not be as I recall.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Forums mobile app

It’s certainly quieter in the speciality restaurants - can be a bit too quiet sometimes!

The main dining room is fine but the whole dining experience in the speciality restaurants is much nicer.

It’s certainly more special there - you’re made more of a fuss of, but we love to share tables and you can’t do that in the speciality restaurants. We usually book a 3 meal package and treat those nights as ‘special’ events. I think if we ate there every night, it would possibly spoil it for us - as well as putting on even more weight than we normally do.

My husband has hearing loss and he finds the MDR difficult to cope with because of the level of background noise. In the speciality restaurants the sound level is much lower and so we can actually chat to each other. The staff are great and will even get you something from the MDR if you want it.