Crystal Serenity in Noumea today 12 Feb

It was a lovely day in Nouméa yesterday - very busy with two ships in port - lots of people touring and enjoying the day

We sailed away on time - sadly bound directly for Sydney - no Norfolk Island visit for us thanks to Cyclone Gita which has created heavy seas at Norfolk

We’re actually enjoying smooth seas all the way to Sydney for a Friday morning arrival

I’ll post some pics later - the internet is too slow at the moment

We sailed away on time - sadly bound directly for Sydney - no Norfolk Island visit for us thanks to Cyclone Gita which has created heavy seas at Norfolk

Sorry to hear that. My FB feed had this post today from NI:

The cruise ship Crystal Serenity is no longer calling Norfolk Island tomorrow as the ship has changed course to avoid the tropical Cyclone Gita.

The cruise ship Caledonian Sky will still call as scheduled tomorrow. This will be around 100 people including staff coming ashore. The Caledonian sky has booked a very busy schedule for their passengers while on island which includes a half day tour as soon as they arrive on island, followed by a BBQ lunch. The passengers will then head off on a convict Tour or Bird watching tour before returning back to the Caledonian Sky.

I know my friends on NI will be disappointed that Serenity is not calling. I'm sure they had planned a warm welcome.

The cruise ship Caledonian Sky will still call as scheduled tomorrow. This will be around 100 people including staff coming ashore. The Caledonian sky has booked a very busy schedule for their passengers while on island which includes a half day tour as soon as they arrive on island, followed by a BBQ lunch. The passengers will then head off on a convict Tour or Bird watching tour before returning back to the Caledonian Sky

Mr Walker do you have an update on whether Caledonian Sky got into Norfolk yesterday? I’m interested to hear how the tendering went

Mr Walker do you have an update on whether Caledonian Sky got into Norfolk yesterday? I’m interested to hear how the tendering went

I hadn't seen anything, so thought that was a bad sign. So I messaged a contact at NI tourism this morning & they replied

"Wataweih Neil, yes the Caledonian Sky did land yesterday. All passengers and crew were on island for the day"

Cheers

I hadn't seen anything, so thought that was a bad sign. So I messaged a contact at NI tourism this morning & they replied

"Wataweih Neil, yes the Caledonian Sky did land yesterday. All passengers and crew were on island for the day"

Cheers

I think the tendering would have been a bit of an adventure as well.

Been to Noumea three times and never docked where this ship was docked (from the photo). We always end up in the industrial area and have to get buses back and forth from the ship to the market area.

I have only docked at the centre twice while being out at the outer dock the other times.