Just off the Dream

fla gang

So when you have been sailing on other lines and you go back for another Disney cruise you realize why they charge more. Service, food and entertainment are the best.

Beauty and the beast was amazing.

Any questions, fire away.

Sorry, but the reason they charge more is that they have proven that people will pay it. Their obligation is to make money for their parent company and the shareholders.

DCL is the only division of Disney that has ALWAYS made a profit. Parks, movies, etc. have had "off" years. But it is only in the last 4 years or so that the DCL prices have been thru the roof. DCL has a good product, but it is not 2-4 times as good as a same itinerary cruise on another line. Sorry, I'm looking forward to my first suite experience on another line (with a lot more suite perks than DCL offers). My suite booking cost me half the cost that a cat 6 balcony on DCL would have. Yes, I know that the entertainment on DCL would have been better and the exterior of the ship would have been prettier. And I won't have the people in port asking if I'm on "The Disney Ship."

Service--we've had great service and "not so hot" on DCL and on other lines. I think it depends more on the specific room host and dining team than on the ship in general. Food--we had noticed a definite decline on DCL although recently I've been reading that it has improved. I'll have to see; the ship we are on has a two tier dining system (as many lines have started recently), and being in a suite we qualify for the upper tier.

DCL ships are more fun, are prettier, and have better entertainment. That's rather across the board true for us. Beyond that, it is rather "hit or miss" depending on what other ship, what itinerary, what serving team, etc.

Yes, we do keep coming back to DCL, but only for carefully selected cruises.

We also love the big RCCL ships. We were on the Harmony in sept. and paid the same for a balcony for 7 days as we paid for an inside on a 3 day cruise on the Dream. We loved Beauty and the Beast, but also loved Hairspray, and Grease on dccl. We did the Carnival Magic and were not impressed at all. Would we do Disney again? if the price was right. This cruise was my retirement party, so I took the kids and grand kids. Can't do that one again but it was magical just watching those little ones