free upgrade, what does that mean?

caroline2007

I saw it on some cruise saying:

Free upgrade: Buy a Room Type Code 4C, get a Room Type Code 4K.

what does that mean?

does that mean I bought Room type code 4c and I can get another room type 4K for FREE?

At the beginning, I thought 4c is cheaper than 4K, so it's like you pay 4c price to get higher priced 4K. But actually, 4K room is cheaper than 4c. I'm totally confused. :confused:

I saw it on some cruise saying:

Free upgrade: Buy a Room Type Code 4C, get a Room Type Code 4K.

what does that mean?

does that mean I bought Room type code 4c and I can get another room type 4K for FREE?

At the beginning, I thought 4c is cheaper than 4K, so it's like you pay 4c price to get higher priced 4K. But actually, 4K room is cheaper than 4c. I'm totally confused. :confused:

An upgrade can be lateral, meaning you would offered the opportunity to switch from the cabin you currently have booked to another in the same category, typically on the same deck, but theoretically in a better location. A vertical upgrade would mean switching from the cabin you have booked to another in a higher category, and typically on a higher deck. In either case, a free upgrade means that there would be no additional cost to you. An upgrade does NOT mean you're being offered an additional cabin free of charge.

Prices vary all the time, its not necessarily an upgrade based on price but on stateroom category.

Guessing you are looking at Carnival where a 4c room is a basic interior room whereas a 4k would be considered an upgrade, regardless of price, because it is an obstructed view room

WOW! you are really good!

It IS Carnival! ;p

I haven't booked yet, so I'm confused, why people would like to book the 4c with the higher price even though it says free upgrade to 4k? why they won't just book 4k at the lower price?

so confusing

Prices vary all the time, its not necessarily an upgrade based on price but on stateroom category.

Guessing you are looking at Carnival where a 4c room is a basic interior room whereas a 4k would be considered an upgrade, regardless of price, because it is an obstructed view room

WOW! you are really good!

It IS Carnival! ;p

I haven't booked yet, so I'm confused, why people would like to book the 4c with the higher price even though it says free upgrade to 4k? why they won't just book 4k at the lower price?

so confusing

Because location, location, location. I would rather have a forward on Deck 2 than a midship on Deck 6.