Powerboards Royal Caribbean

It seems to be any power plug with a cord has a chance of consfication. We had to hand in our mini travel board on Ovation. This was the first time it had been taken in almost 40 cruises. But they then tried to take our US to Aus adapter plugs and the security officer had no idea why we would need them!

But everything was tagged and returned with no problems, some of the things consifcated included coffee machines, clothes steamers etc.

First time trip to the naughty room for us.

Edited by megsie

My brother has a travel power cord that has 4 USB and 2 power sockets... assume this one would be a powerboard and qould be confiscated?[ATTACH]414632[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

We had one a couple of years ago on Voyager and was confiscated.

Nowadays we take a power adapter plug and a 4 port USB charger

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My brother has a travel power cord that has 4 USB and 2 power sockets... assume this one would be a powerboard and qould be confiscated?[ATTACH]414632[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

We have a board the same, Aldi? We've taken it on Ovation, Radiancex2 and Solsticex2. Never been a problem.

The main reason for the prohibition on power boards/strips and extension cords is surge protection. Whatever you take, and as noted, while not allowed, the ones without cords do tend to "get through" more often, make sure it is not surge protected. Long story short, even if your surge protected multi-outlet is in perfect condition, and working just as designed, a ground (earth) fault somewhere else on the ship can cause this perfect condition surge protector to fail and go into "thermal runaway" and melt down the multi-outlet and start a fire. You can check my posting history for the hundreds of posts I've made on the dangers of surge protection on ships.