Beverage card to pay for wine bottle?

calteacher

We have $100 in beverage cards. Can we use this to pay toward a wine package?

I don't see why not. You can use beverage cards to buy a drink, a bunch of drinks or a bottle of wine so I don't see why not (although I haven't done it ;) )

Can you also buy water bottles?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Absolutely. You can buy alcoholic or non alcoholic drinks with the regular beverage card ;).

And they give you a slip so you always know what your balance is on it.

If you order it on line on the HAL site, it will have your name on it. You can buy them on board as well, of course. They are just not "personalised".

Oops - edited to say - you can only use the beverage card where there is access to the bars. Pretty much anywhere on the ship but a few places...So, you can't use it to pay for bottles of water in your room, the mini bar, room service or to pick up bottles they sell just as you leave the ship. You can, however, buy a bottle or 2 at a bar using your card and then keep it cold in your fridge, ice bucket, whatever and take it off into port with you ;)

Any portion of a beverage card not used by the last night of the cruise will automatically be applied against your onboard bill. I had checked at the main desk on our last cruise in November and was told this is what would happen and in fact is exactly what occurred. Was very convenient.

dh

Any portion of a beverage card not used by the last night of the cruise will automatically be applied against your onboard bill. I had checked at the main desk on our last cruise in November and was told this is what would happen and in fact is exactly what occurred. Was very convenient.

dh

Same here. I was a bit surprised, but the $3 we did not use was applied to my total bill (even though the beverage card was provided by HAL as part of a promotion).

Same here. I was a bit surprised, but the $3 we did not use was applied to my total bill (even though the beverage card was provided by HAL as part of a promotion).

One thing I like about beverage cards is any credit balance is refunded.

Just remember to activate them. I don't believe it happens if they are not.

kazu,

I don't believe that the beverage card can even be used if it has not been activated. That question is almost always asked by a bartender the first time I use the card if he/she did not sell the card to me.

I have used the beverage card to pay for individual bottles of wine. And, as kazu said, I don't see why it could not be applied to a wine package as well.

There were a couple of times when we had a lot of shipboard credit and waited until we were on the ship to buy the Beverage Cards.

And we did use them to buy bottles of wine.

And you can use them at Happy Hour.

We love them as I do not have to keep a bunch of slips to check against out shipboard account at the end of the cruise.

We get the $250 ones. You would be surprised how quickly a $100 card can be used up.

kazu,

I don't believe that the beverage card can even be used if it has not been activated. That question is almost always asked by a bartender the first time I use the card if he/she did not sell the card to me.

I have used the beverage card to pay for individual bottles of wine. And, as kazu said, I don't see why it could not be applied to a wine package as well.

Oh, absolutely correct on the usage :)

I was referring to the refund. Apologies if I wasn't clear.

I recalled an inquiry on the "HAL or dummies" thread where they didn't get refunded and it turned out they hadn't activated the card.

My point (which I obviously didn't do well) is that if you have more than one card, activate them all and then the refunds will come if they are unused.

Absolutely. You can buy alcoholic or non alcoholic drinks with the regular beverage card ;).

And they give you a slip so you always know what your balance is on it.

If you order it on line on the HAL site, it will have your name on it. You can buy them on board as well, of course. They are just not "personalised".

Oops - edited to say - you can only use the beverage card where there is access to the bars. Pretty much anywhere on the ship but a few places...So, you can't use it to pay for bottles of water in your room, the mini bar, room service or to pick up bottles they sell just as you leave the ship. You can, however, buy a bottle or 2 at a bar using your card and then keep it cold in your fridge, ice bucket, whatever and take it off into port with you ;)

Thanks for the info. The cards are from my TA.