QM2 Canada trip questions

ponstad

Greetings - we are somewhat experienced cruisers who have booked passage on a Sept. 2018 round trip between NY and Quebec on the QM2. This will be our first experience with Cunard, and we are looking forward to it.

We have read a great deal about the dress code - I am wondering if those who have traveled this route might share with us if there will be differences we might expect between a TA crossing and this itinerary. Is the dress code relaxed for this more port-intensive cruise?

Does anyone have daily programs they could share?

Thanks

Phyllis

The dress code is slightly relaxed in that there are only two formal nights per week as opposed to three per week on Atlantic crossings. I have done this Québec-NY voyage twice and am pleased that the dress code was adhered to. Although tuxedos/dinner jackets are never required, I was pleased to see that the majority of men were formally attired - even in Britannia. The rest looked fine in suits and ties. The women were elegant, whether in long dresses, cocktail dresses or formal pant suits. As per the dress code, all men wore jackets (and many of us wore ties as was once the tradition) on the informal nights in the areas so designated.

Sorry, I am unable to scan any of the daily programmes that I kept.

Greetings - we are somewhat experienced cruisers who have booked passage on a Sept. 2018 round trip between NY and Quebec on the QM2. This will be our first experience with Cunard, and we are looking forward to it.

We have read a great deal about the dress code - I am wondering if those who have traveled this route might share with us if there will be differences we might expect between a TA crossing and this itinerary. Is the dress code relaxed for this more port-intensive cruise?

Does anyone have daily programs they could share?

Thanks

Phyllis

I seem to recall a number of formal nights when we did this cruise...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/03/21/queen-mary-2-grand-new-england-and-canadian-wonders-cruise/

Indeed, it was during a formal Cocktail Party, and Captain Kevin Oprey's first time in charge, that there was a fire that necessitated all the ````senior officers abandoning us to our own means in the Queens Room.

The pianist played on and we dutifully cleared the trays of all remain drinks.

Oh what fond memories.

I have done this itinerary about 6 times. It is still formal. I may have a few programs I can scan, I will have to check at home. One of my favorite parts was the flower arranging classes. I had 3 arrangements scattered about my stateroom, each one lovely. Several of the on board talks were in keeping with our ports. Over night in Quebec City is quite wonderful, if you are on the correct side of the ship you will have a great view of the Chateau Frontenac at night.