Conceriege Class vs Veranda

Vanded0119

We have booked a cruise on the Equinox C2. Wondering is it worth it ? Is priority really priority? Are the staterooms bigger? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Never cruised before. Just want a room with a balcony and not waiting in long lines to board.

Welcome to cruise critic. No, the room will be identical to a basic verandah. Priority boarding doesn't mean a whole lot. Youll be assigned a line and be funneled to any available check in desk. It's not going to have you waiting in line for hours. But no one really does. So don't book for that reason.

The perks for concierge are not worth a whole lot. If you were a frequent X cruiser, you'd probably like the extra points in the captain's club. But seeing you are new, I wouldn't spend more for the little things. You won't miss them.

There are lots of discussions here concerning the pros and cons.

I've been on both the 'Veranda' and 'Concierge' on the same ship...the Eclipse. The cabin was the same size, the balcony was the same size. The Concierge did have the priority-boarding and the Concierge Rep was at the front of our check-in queue to personally welcome us. Concierge also allows you to dine upon embarkation in a restaurant rather than the buffet. There are few other touches but nothing else that would make the difference in price worth it. Enjoy your cruise.

Priority is a relative thing. Suite guests and Zenith members have priority folllowed by Elite Plus members and Aqua Class passengers, then comes Elite members and Concierge Class passengers then Selct members.

Everything is relative... I have seen shorter lines for no priority guests than for concierge cabins, this in Europe,

I have benefitted from concierge priority seating in the MDR select dining where there was a separate line for suites and Concierge (not AQ or elite plus). But would agree that whilst this may be nice to have, it is not worth paying very much extra.

Also, I think Concierge may get slightly superior toiletries and linens? Though this does seen a little hit or miss.

they claim the linen/towels are are superior but we just had the same threadbare tiny towels. . . but there is a pillow menu. And you get shower gel which we didn't have in normal veranda. Not exactly worth booking for...

Can Aqua class guest dine in the restaurant when boarding the ship on the first day?

No they cannot. The MDR is open for Concierge passengers only and the suites only restaurant, Luminae is open for suite passengers on embarkation day.

Aqua class passengers biggest perk is that they enjoy a private dining room called Blu for breakfast and dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You asked is it worth it?

I guess it depends on what the “it”is.

I would avoid the 2d and 2c balconies as they are, to varying degrees obstructed view cabins. So what is the difference in price from your concierge to a standard, non obstructed balcony?

For THAT amount you get a special boarding lunch, footstools on the balcony, a welcome aboard bottle of bubbly, double cruise points, and a lot of very insignificant, minor, perks.

Priority is a touch thing to define when half of the ship has it

Again subjective but C1,C2,C3 rooms are considered by some to be in "Better" locations. Higher decks, more mid ship etc... On "M" class ships they are larger rooms but on "S" class all verandah rooms are the same size.

I too would avoid 2D, 2C cabins. 1A are very nice on the slant of the hump so you get a larger balcony but some would say the deeper balcony makes the room darker.

Since it's your first cruise I'm sure whatever you select you will be extremely happy with. With some experience you will find the things that are most important to you.

Happy sailing.

I've sailed concierge 3 times and to me it's only worth a few dollar more than a standard veranda (mostly for the CC points). I usually get it if it's about the same price as a regular Veranda (one time it was less money, got an Aqua class that way too). It sounds fancy, and they give you a gold key card but I think that's just a way to inform the crew that "this dummy paid too much":confused:;).

The price difference between a 1a or 1b veranda and a C3 Concierge is often quite small and in my opinion makes it worthwhile for the little perks. The lunch on embarkation day made for a relaxed start to the cruise and is probably the most noticeable benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What does priority seating in the MDR restaurant mean. Is this similar to the "Club Class" on Princess.

No, it is not like not like Club Dining on Princess. Club Dining has a dedicate entrance, dedicated tables, and dedicated staff with no competition from other categories. Very rare to have any wait. I read a report where someone waiting for 25 minutes once recently, but I never had to wait.

What does priority seating in the MDR restaurant mean. Is this similar to the "Club Class" on Princess.

It has worked to our advantage when we were wait listed for late seating. When I mentioned that we were concierge class our requested seating magically became available.