6-21-18 Thursday Weigh-In...First Day Of Summer

Belle

Etta here. Am so glad to have come across this message board. I sale very end of Sept, would love to fit in my swim suit, etc. Too disheartening and expensive to buy new one. Have closet full of clothes too small, too good to just give away. Therefore miserable cluttered closet, discouraging.

Thank you all. Just a down day. Got some things done.

Didn't make it but will Tuesday.

Mike hope it wasn't hard to get back to work after vacation.

Nice you have another coming up.

shootr glad to see you back. We all missed you. Know you can get back

on track . We all take a break now and then. We just can't give up.

cruise42 you took the first step. The Scale! Know you can get back on track too.

Etta Welcome! Yes join us, keeps us accountable weighing in each Thursday.

Know you can get some weight off by Sept. and wear that swim suit.

Diana that's true are bodies change as we get older. Hate it!

pacruise how are you feeling. Getting better I hope

I hope everyone is having a good week. Your all are a great bunch of caring people.<3

May the "gods of the scale" shine on you and give you ALL a Loss on Thursday!

Belle,

Thanks for asking. Apart from yesterday evening (lots of back pain), I've been feeling quite a bit better. We leave Saturday for Bible quizzing (~9 hour drive) that my children participate in, so lots to get done here and trying to make sure when we need convenience food that it is healthy.

Hey shootr. Hope you can get back on track soon. I hear you on the clothes. I want to get rid of the big stuff altogether, but just have it boxed up, just in case. Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Etta here. Am so glad to have come across this message board. I sale very end of Sept, would love to fit in my swim suit, etc. Too disheartening and expensive to buy new one. Have closet full of clothes too small, too good to just give away. Therefore miserable cluttered closet, discouraging.

Welcome Etta, glad you found us:D.

I'd encourage both you and Mike to consider blessing others with your clothes that don't fit (or maybe find a consignment shop for the really good stuff). Having clothes that make you feel good when you see them - or at least not bad - can help affect your mood and mind set. For Mike, if you get rid of the clothes it's an added push to not let size get out of control (at least it has been for me). For you, Etta, even after loosing the weight the clothes may fit differently and you still might not wear them.

If we are in a position to cruise, we are likely in a position to purchase clothes when we need them. Who knows but that your items might be just what someone else needs. Loss to fire, escaping an abusive home, etc.

Just a thought:halo:

Having a very tough week, not so much weight/ food wise although I'm not expecting this week to be great as I'm swamped with both work as school but there is some personal stuff going on that has me really down. I'm not sure if it's something I should be posting here but it may affect my cruise in December.

Sorry you are having a tough week too Belle.

Welcome Etta!

Katmu sorry you week isn't good either. I hope it doesn't effect your cruise.

You can talk about anything in here. You can vent, scream or yell. We're

here for each other and letting things out does help us in mind and body.

pacruise good luck to your kids. Have a safe 9 hr drive.

Belle,

Thanks for asking. Apart from yesterday evening (lots of back pain), I've been feeling quite a bit better. We leave Saturday for Bible quizzing (~9 hour drive) that my children participate in, so lots to get done here and trying to make sure when we need convenience food that it is healthy.

Welcome Etta, glad you found us:D.

I'd encourage both you and Mike to consider blessing others with your clothes that don't fit (or maybe find a consignment shop for the really good stuff). Having clothes that make you feel good when you see them - or at least not bad - can help affect your mood and mind set. For Mike, if you get rid of the clothes it's an added push to not let size get out of control (at least it has been for me). For you, Etta, even after loosing the weight the clothes may fit differently and you still might not wear them.

If we are in a position to cruise, we are likely in a position to purchase clothes when we need them. Who knows but that your items might be just what someone else needs. Loss to fire, escaping an abusive home, etc.

Just a thought:halo:

I donate all of our stuff to a local Veterans charity so nothing ever goes to waste. But I'm bound and determined to get back to my "normal" clothes - so that's all staying in the closet for now.

Totally on board with that thought PAcruise. Typically my wife is too, but she’s encouraged me to hang on to them a little longer. [emoji849] Agree with you as well shootr...it ain’t gonna happen.

Katmu, please feel free to share. This is a fantastic group of super encouraging people. It’s a great place to share when you feel like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate the thoughts/ideas! What a special group of folks you are☺ Since I just retired, i`m thinking of giving away the dry clean only suits, and maybe any non-stretch fabrics. The older I get, the less willing I am to feel hemmed in. Am now facing the reality of trimming down due to blood pressure, getting some exercise to improve agility. Am sensing where I'll be ten yrs from now if I don't - pretty sobering. Not too motivated yet but working on it. One favorite verse is Philippeans 4:13 i can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me. Blessings to each of you.

I am back to being unattached so I’m going to be canceling the cruise we were originally going to do at the beginning of December on Oasis.

I put down a deposit on another cruise on Royal Princess for mid- December for just me. Princess is a little more my style I think so that’s why I switched. I have an extra week of PTO from running the big project earlier this year that I need to use by 12/31 so that’s why I’m sticking with December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donate all of our stuff to a local Veterans charity so nothing ever goes to waste. But I'm bound and determined to get back to my "normal" clothes - so that's all staying in the closet for now.

I love the thought of giving back to Veterans:halo:

I am back to being unattached so I’m going to be canceling the cruise we were originally going to do at the beginning of December on Oasis.

I put down a deposit on another cruise on Royal Princess for mid- December for just me. Princess is a little more my style I think so that’s why I switched. I have an extra week of PTO from running the big project earlier this year that I need to use by 12/31 so that’s why I’m sticking with December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

{{{Hugs, Katmu}}} Good for you for keeping yourself a priority. I've been realizing that often I take care of everyone else and fight guilt feelings if I take care of me. Enjoy your cruise and getting to know yourself again (hope that makes sense:)).

I'm sorry about your breakup Katmu. I couldn't agree more with Pacruise though. its a great opportunity to give yourself a treat. I've never sailed Princess and really don't know anything about it. And while I liked Oasis last fall, I really dislike Royal Caribbean in general. So its a win for you in my book. ;)

Hi everyone,

I'm back too! It's been a few months and I'm pretty much around the same weight. My cruise is now about 6 months away and with the turtle rate of speed that I lose weight I may be able to lose 6 pounds between now and then . LOL

I'm thrilled to see that everyone is doing well and losing weight.

I'll weigh in on Thursday so get a new baseline and then buckle down again to lose this last 10 pounds.,

Monique