Has anyone arranged their own golf excursions in Hawaii?

hiccups

We found a travel agent that combines the POA cruise with several golf outings, but the price is pretty steep, plus the agency doesn't offer anything extra like OBC. I've looked up the price of the courses included in the package, but my husband would still need to rent a car or find transportation to the courses, etc. Just wondering about the ease/cost of making our own arrangements for golf from people that may have already done so.

I make my own tee times (or use the hotel concierge, if staying in a hotel) all the time in Hawaii. Hawaiian golf is definitely not cheap for non-residents.

Yes, a rental car will be required in virtually all situations, so you need to balance that in your cost considerations.

It is not difficult to make tee times at golf courses in Hawaii. If you are renting a car to do other things you could drop your husband at a golf course and pick him up on the return. There's a beautiful course at Volcano if you are visiting VNP in Hilo. Beautiful golf courses are everywhere. And if you are not renting a car you could possibly post on your roll call to see if there is anyone who would like to join your husband and share transportation costs. Cherie

• 1 year later...
We found a travel agent that combines the POA cruise with several golf outings, but the price is pretty steep, plus the agency doesn't offer anything extra like OBC. I've looked up the price of the courses included in the package, but my husband would still need to rent a car or find transportation to the courses, etc. Just wondering about the ease/cost of making our own arrangements for golf from people that may have already done so.

Travel AgentNCL Pride of America golf inclusive packages generally include Hawaii’s five-startop Championship golf courses, pre-paid and pre-reserved tee times and privatedriver airconditioned transportation to and from the golf courses – and theywill get you back to the ship in time for sailing. Courses like KapaluaPlantation GC; Wailea Emerald GC; Mauna Lani GC or Mauna Kea GC; Poipu Bay GC;and the Ocean Course at Hōkūala are included in their 7 day; 9 day; and 10 day HawaiiGolf Cruise packages try www.GolfAhoy.comAll NCL booking bonuses like onboard credits, pre-paid gratuities, free wi-fi,and specialty restaurant comps are included at time of booking with GolfAhoy. Certainly,you can make your own golf shore excursion arrangements. Taxis and Uber areavailable outside the docks\port area and there are cheaper golf courses inHawaii.