snorkeling at every POA port

Djdarleen

So... that's what I want to do. Anyone know if Norwegian offers anything like this? Or any other excursion/tour company for that matter... I would prefer smaller groups for the snorkels. Thanks for your help fellow cruisers, much appreciated!!

The best snorkeling will be on the BI (Kona) and on Maui. The snorkeling in Kauai isn’t as good and there is so much to see on Kauai, you might want to reconsider. Remember also that if conditions aren’t good, excursions will be cancelled so you might want to have a Plan B.

On Maui you can go to either Molokini or Lanai through NCL, both are very popular locations. In Kona I see at least three different locations listed. The Kauai excursion says you will go to the best location on that day. Again, I would do something other than snorkeling on Kauai.

There are also many great independent operators but you would have to provide your own transportation.

So... that's what I want to do. Anyone know if Norwegian offers anything like this? Or any other excursion/tour company for that matter... I would prefer smaller groups for the snorkels. Thanks for your help fellow cruisers, much appreciated!!

Have you considered renting a car for your two days in Maui?

Overnight parking is often discussed here with the safest option being to park at the nearby Kahului airport and either use a rental car shuttle or taxi/Uber. That would allow you to see much more of our Valley Isle including snorkeling. There are several choices in the South Maui area mostly between Wailea & Makena. There’s even a location that boat tours call Turtle Town which can be accessed from the beach & I always see turtles.

There are several places to rent gear such as Snorkel Bob’s & Boss Frog.

Astroflyer: I have thought of renting a car. Stayed on Maui for a week 5 years ago. Planning on a helicopter tour this time, and possibly Haleakala at sunrise. I’ve been thinking about snuba there in Maui as well...

Beachiekeen: what would be your recommendation for Kauai rather than snorkeling? Open to suggestions.

All: also looking for the best Island for pineapple tour... I know there’s one on Maui- any others?

Astroflyer: I have thought of renting a car. Stayed on Maui for a week 5 years ago. Planning on a helicopter tour this time, and possibly Haleakala at sunrise. I’ve been thinking about snuba there in Maui as well...

If going to Haleakala for sunrise they now require an advance reservation to reduce the overcrowding at the summit. It’ll also be about 30° cooler & often breezy at the summit so bundle up & I had to arrive at least 30 minutes before official sunrise. Once high clouds reduced the view but the other time it was clear & amazing...like a sunrise from space.

Beachiekeen: what would be your recommendation for Kauai rather than snorkeling? Open to suggestions.

All: also looking for the best Island for pineapple tour... I know there’s one on Maui- any others?

I would actually do the heli tour on Kauai rather than Maui. You would see the Napali coast from the air which is breathtaking. You could see Waimea Canyon and Poipu Beach or some of the east shore waterfalls, or drive up the north shore.

I have always thought the pineapple tour on Maui seemed expensive but it is upcountry so you could combine it with Haleakala assuming you have a car. You could walk around Makawao, have lunch, that would be a fun day.

If going to Haleakala for sunrise they now require an advance reservation to reduce the overcrowding at the summit. It’ll also be about 30° cooler & often breezy at the summit so bundle up & I had to arrive at least 30 minutes before official sunrise. Once high clouds reduced the view but the other time it was clear & amazing...like a sunrise from space.

Good to know. We drove up ourselves the last time and it was a bit harrowing… I think if I do it I’ll go through a tour company. Maybe that will make it easier to get a reservation…