Opinions needed for flights from So.Fla to Honolulu....

big al

Opinions: My wife & I will be going on the NCL POA for our 25th anniversary..we will be staying in South Florida visiting my brother when we leave. NO Miami please, only WPB or FTL airports... I will be using my Capital One points and would love to fly Premium Economy all the way, if not some of the way. I am considering ( only considering..) Jet Blue's "Even More Room" section up front which is not bad from FTL to LAX, then maybe Hawaiian Air or American to Honolulu...same on return flight...I PREFER Boeing 777's or Airbus 330's to Boeing 767's ( like on Delta), and NO 737's or 757'S from LAX- HON..I know Jet Blue flies ( I think ) Airbus 320-321's, but that's OK...would LOVE a wide body the whole way.. I also don't mind going thru Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etc., but I would like one stop only to Honolulu..suggestions & thoughts would be great!!!

Big Al

AA flies FLL/DFW (737) and DFW/HNL (777) and picking October dates it was $1027 for Premium Economy.

We fly HA several times per year LAX/OGG and like their Economy class A330 experience. We’ve never paid the extra $160/pp roundtrip for their extra room seats. Hawaiian does include a free snack (brunch box in the morning & sandwich/chips later; also a rum punch) but you pay to watch movies or TV programs in the seat back screens. I haven’t seen any of their recently introduced A321 to HNL or OGG from LAX but they’re using them from other West Coast cities to Hawaii. HA is phasing out their older B767 & in the future are purchasing B787 Dreamliner aircraft instead of purchasing more A330 aircrafts. On HA the off-season flights between LAX and HNL or Maui (OGG) are about $500; to those destinations from other West Coast cities such as SFO it’s only about $380.

If you want to consider HA or another airline via LAX you could search for those options to see what type of aircraft are used for FLL/LAX.

Edited by Astro Flyer

AA flies FLL/DFW (737) and DFW/HNL (777) and picking October dates it was $1027 for Premium Economy.

We fly HA several times per year LAX/OGG and like their Economy class A330 experience. We’ve never paid the extra $160/pp roundtrip for their extra room seats. Hawaiian does include a free snack (brunch box in the morning & sandwich/chips later; also a rum punch) but you pay to watch movies or TV programs in the seat back screens. I haven’t seen any of their recently introduced A321 to HNL or OGG from LAX but they’re using them from other West Coast cities to Hawaii. HA is phasing out their older B767 & in the future are purchasing B787 Dreamliner aircraft instead of purchasing more A330 aircrafts. On HA the off-season flights between LAX and HNL or Maui (OGG) are about $500; to those destinations from other West Coast cities such as SFO it’s only about $380.

If you want to consider HA or another airline via LAX you could search for those options to see what type of aircraft are used for FLL/LAX.

Thanks, Astro Flyer...since this our 25th wedding anniversary, we want to maybe make the flights bearable..I thought PE would a nice way to go..can't swing business class ( $$)...I have seen that AA flight from FLL to DFW on the 777 also..looks pretty good..

Big Al :cool:

Thanks, Astro Flyer...since this our 25th wedding anniversary, we want to maybe make the flights bearable..I thought PE would a nice way to go..can't swing business class ( $$)...I have seen that AA flight from FLL to DFW on the 777 also..looks pretty good..

Big Al [emoji41]

Hopefully you’ll find your best options & congratulations on your 25th anniversary.

Don’t know your return flight’s destination but HA flies non-stop HNL/JFK. HA also has a FLL/HNL itinerary via the JFK/HNL non-stop.

I hate narrow-body aircraft particularly for long flights in steerage.

Hopefully you’ll find your best options & congratulations on your 25th anniversary.

Don’t know your return flight’s destination but HA flies non-stop HNL/JFK. HA also has a FLL/HNL itinerary via the JFK/HNL non-stop.

Funny, I hate narrow bodies for long haul, too :D..I do have a bit of claustrophobia..anything past, say, 4 hours flying I prefer wide bodies.. that HA flight to JFK, then on to FLL might be worthwhile to check out... I also like to get up & walk up & down the aisles a bit to stretch my legs & not get a DVT ( blood clots)..thanks again, and thanks for the congrats..:cool:

Big Al

Astro Flyer- what search engine do you prefer when finding flights? I mostly use KAYAK...

Astro Flyer- what search engine do you prefer when finding flights? I mostly use KAYAK...

I check KAYAK and Skyscanner (https://www.skyscanner.com/) and also go directly to an airline’s website.

Does NCL have an option to purchase flights? I mostly cruise with Princess & their Flexible eZAir flights often have the best price. Payment isn’t due until the cruise’s final payment & flights/airfares can be changed. Flying LAX to Barcelona the one-way airfare dropped from $576 to $241 with a better flight.

I check KAYAK and Skyscanner (https://www.skyscanner.com/) and also go directly to an airline’s website.

Does NCL have an option to purchase flights? I mostly cruise with Princess & their Flexible eZAir flights often have the best price. Payment isn’t due until the cruise’s final payment & flights/airfares can be changed. Flying LAX to Barcelona the one-way airfare dropped from $576 to $241 with a better flight.

I also go to the airline website...NCL does have an option to purchase flights, but don't think I can do that with my Capital One points and don't know if they will allow upgrades to PE..

I also go to the airline website...NCL does have an option to purchase flights, but don't think I can do that with my Capital One points and don't know if they will allow upgrades to PE..

I lack any experience with such options & there’s a CC forum about flights which might provide you with better information..

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128