My overall experience of the refurbished Independence Of The Seas.

Totally agree and it’s what I said in my review. They have overcrowded the ship and it just doesn’t feel an experience I want to repeat soon!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very much so, it’s the first time I’ve come off a cruise and not looked at immediately wanting to book our next one. Something that was said by a waiter to us was that the Indy is only in Southampton for 2019, then it moves on to be replaced by an Oasis class ship. Whether that’s true I’m not sure, as when I asked at Guest services they said that the itinerary of the ships isn’t decided yet. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just returned from 2 weeks on Indy. When I went into the dining rooms I was gutted that the gorgeous chandeliers had lamp shades on them. Why would you cover up such lovely lights ? I got round it by just focusing on the giant chandelier in the centre . Yes definitely less seating in the Windjammer and in the tearoom. But Hey hoe Indy is and always will be my favourite ship. My waiter and waitress Candice and Ionut were two of the best we have ever had . They made our dining experience superb. We are going on Indy again in October this year and I am counting down the days. If you haven't been on Indy before , please do not let some of these reviews put you off. To be honest you can give some people the world and it still would not live up to their expectations.

Capacity is at 4150, according to what the Captain said when addressing the Top Tier event, and I’m certain capacity before refit was 3650.

One of those numbers is off, since only about 100 cabins were added.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! We cruised her last summer from Southampton. It was definitely one of the more crowded cruises we've been on. But we also understand we were cruising during the summer holiday. We usually do Caribbean cruises in November, before the holidays, so it was a different cruise for sure. But I felt we had a much harder time getting a table in the Windjammer than on other cruises. And events in general were very crowded. It's unfortunate that they need to jam so many people into it!

In my experience crowding is more a function of time of year than anything else. I've sailed the same ship at different times of year and found it more or less crowded, generally depending on whether school is out and how many 3rd and 4th berths are full. I'm looking at Indy for later this year and generally able to cruise when school is in session, so we'll see.

• 1 month later...