Deck 6 hump balcony cabins on Independence

Hello all! My last cruise hoping to get my bestie hooked on cruising worked! So now we are planning for February. There are still hump cabins available on deck 6 which is great as Ive also turned her into a balcony snob lol. I'm just wondering if there are any issues with those rooms? I was surprised that there would be any available so I just want to check that they arent loud or obstructed. Thanks!

That makes sense. Does 6 not have staterooms aboce and below?

Stay away from --40 and --42, those cabin doors open to a straight shot to the other side of the ship and is the passenger flow to the elevators and stairs. Deck 6 hump cabins are above quest services or the Champagne bar, both quiet spots.

Hump balconies are awesome

BUT 2 I would avoid are

9630 and 9632

They are under the Royal Suite and the wonderful Grand Piano:eek:

oops slightly wrong as it has been awhile since we stayed under the RS

there are 4 balcony cabins below the RS

While those 2 cabins 9630and 9632 are right below the the RS it is the bedroom area

it is balcony cabins 9640 and 9642 that would get the possibility of more noise from RS

Especially 9642 which is under the subwoofer and the balcony is under the hot tub

Edited by jonbgd
old brain

Any insight on #9638?

Great location on the hump but both JS 9634 and9638 are both below the RS

But I think 9638 is directly below the grand piano:eek:

Edited by jonbgd

I just got off of her sister Liberty and had hump cabin 6332....it was quite and one deck down to the promenade...I usually book decks 8 or 9 but I loved deck 6 and will definitely consider it for future cruises!

I just got off of her sister Liberty and had hump cabin 6332....it was quite and one deck down to the promenade...I usually book decks 8 or 9 but I loved deck 6 and will definitely consider it for future cruises!

Any insight on 9342?

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 8:29 PM, jonbgd said:

it is balcony cabins 9640 and 9642 that would get the possibility of more noise from RS

Especially 9642 which is under the subwoofer and the balcony is under the hot tub

Hi,

I was also worried about that balcony cabin, when we booked it...

We just came back from our cruise onboard Freedom of the Seas and we had no noise issues at all in that cabin.

The center hump balcony was fantastic, we had an awesome view to aft and forward!

Yes, there was the water pipeline of the Royal Suite Jacuzzi located on the ceiling of our balcony, but we never had any noise issues caused to it.

Also we had no noise issues due to the traffic from elevators and stairways, inside the cabin you couldn’t hear anything!

I made a video, in which you will be able to see the water pipeline and view from the balcony:

https://youtu.be/3DqzUVZAUq8

After 14 days (B2B Cruise) in cabin 9642 we can absolutely recommend it! :-)

Greetings,

Stefanie

My family had 3 adjacent hump balconies on deck 6 starboard on the Liberty  and they were great - convenient to the promenade, no noise from elevators or stairs and we opened the partitions between the balconies and had one large one with easy, private access between the rooms.