Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:01 PM.
Bowie, MD
12,094 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Barb...your good news was the very best way to start Easter! Thrilled to hear from you and know that things are going well. So happy that you were able to attend DGD's wedding. Those are the events we live for. Keep up the good work and we DO need to get the troops together soon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

+

Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus Member
Baltimore, MD
1,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by DragonOfTheSeas
Stella --so sorry that you were sick on your vacation. That is always a bummer.

Did the ship rock while you were sailing in the Caribbean? We were on a cruise at the same time. [Celebrity Reflection left from FLL] We found that there were small craft warnings in all of the islands. However, the ship did not do any rocking.

They cancelled all of the excursions that were by boat. We went to the beach in Barbados and the whole bay had lines of boats at anchor.

On St Lucia the storm had pushed sand into the roads and was so high there was no beach at Pigeon island. We had to go to another beach. We just laid a towel on the sand because there was only room for 1 line of umbrellas and that area was all taken. They had used front end loaders to move sand out of the parking lot.

We were told it was as a result of the terrible wind/snow storm in the NE. The waves were high that far away. [also the full moon--called it King tide] The storm formed off the coast of VA/NC.

We are glad everyone on the Grandeur made it through safely.
Thank you for your concern. Yes the Seas were somewhat rocky in the Caribbean. We had a port change in that we went to Port Canaveral instead of St.Lucia not sure why. It might have been to repair an engine since we were down one engine.We also had some excursions cancelled.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Baltimore, MD
1,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by dixieva
Stella- so sorry that you got so sick on your cruise. Gail had said you got sick but I didn't realize it happened so early on in the cruise.

You know I can sympathize with you! It was last April that Kelly and I both got the flu on our cruise. I got sick the next to the last day and Kelly got sick the day we got back. In hind sight I should have gone to see the ship doc. I did have insurance. But I waited and was so ill we had to stop at a doc in the box place on the way home. Almost got sent to the hospital! It took a few weeks for me to get over it. I won't give up cruising either! I will be even more careful of germs next time.

And sorry you had such rough seas!

We will sail away on April 14th!
Thank you for your concern.I do remember that you and Kelly were sick and I think Carmen was too. It really does take a long time to get better. We did sanitize the room when we got in there but you can get sick from other people or other parts of the ship so I guess it's the luck of the draw. I hope this time around you have smooth sailing and calm seas and no sickness to deal with.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Baltimore, MD
1,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by 2crusin
Hi everyone , Just wanted to let you know I m doing ok I had surg. on feb 8 was in ICU for 10 days which was 4 days less than anticipated. My surgeon are very pleased with my progress & I can now eat real food ! I have an appointment with Chemo Dr Monday, hoping to find out when next chemo treatments begin. then it is back to the surgeon on the 11th hoping he will remove the feeding tube. Feeling pretty good, hair is starting to grow back but will probably loose it again when chemo starts .
I was able to attend my grandaughter's wedding in Pa. What a wonderful 4 dys & the weddong was Beautiful
Please keep me updated if you all decide to gather for lunch ... Saturday's are usually best for us since Skip works most Sundays
but during the week will also work. Sorry to hear that you had Rocky seas it was quite a storm we lost some flashing on our home & still waiting for the repairs to get done, contractor has been very busy ! Miss all of you and hoping &looking forward to sailing with all of you soon . Just have to wait and see the result of the chemo which will probably be June or July .. I go back for CT scans in June
Miss all of You I do not come on cruise critic too often so if you all decide to do lunch someone email me
Barb
So glad to hear that you are doing so well. I wish for you a speedy process with your treatments and that you will not experience much sickness with the chemo.
We saw Skip as we were walking through to get on the ship. What a nice surprise that was to see him standing there ushering us on to the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Haven't checked in here for a while...

Stella, very happy to hear you are better. We know how ill you were.
Any word on how Deb and Gail are faring? It seems that they caught this bug too.

Barb, definitely glad to hear good news from you! We were thinking of getting a lunch together; maybe after the April cruise some folks scheduled. We hope to see you and Skip on a cruise again soon.

I have to say again that it was really great to cruise with friends again; Stella, Gail, Deb & Chuck, and our teammates in trivia, Tommy & Sandra.

Best to all.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
- Ed & Kathy Crown & Anchor Members

Grandeur of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2018 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, August 2017 / Serenade of the Seas, S Caribbean, October 2016 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, March 2016 / Grand Princess, Hawaii, September 2015 / Quantum of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2015 / Rhapsody of the Seas, Alaska, August 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bahamas, June 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2014 / Navigator of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2013 / Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2012 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2012 / Liberty of the Seas, TransAtlantic, October 2011 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2011 / Oasis of the Seas, E & W Caribbean, October 2010 / Celebrity Mercury, E Caribbean, February 2010 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, October 2009 / Grandeur of the Seas, Canada NE, October 2008 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, October 2007 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, October 2006 / Explorer of the Seas, E Caribbean, May 2005
Bowie, MD
12,094 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
OK...how about reviving the Bead Brigade Pot Luck Brunch? Think about a weekend date sometime in June and let me know. It's been waaaaaaaaaay too long.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

+

Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus Member
Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by DELTABLUE
OK...how about reviving the Bead Brigade Pot Luck Brunch? Think about a weekend date sometime in June and let me know. It's been waaaaaaaaaay too long.
That sounds great, as there can be lots more "schmoozing".
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Grandeur of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2018 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, August 2017 / Serenade of the Seas, S Caribbean, October 2016 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, March 2016 / Grand Princess, Hawaii, September 2015 / Quantum of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2015 / Rhapsody of the Seas, Alaska, August 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bahamas, June 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2014 / Navigator of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2013 / Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2012 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2012 / Liberty of the Seas, TransAtlantic, October 2011 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2011 / Oasis of the Seas, E & W Caribbean, October 2010 / Celebrity Mercury, E Caribbean, February 2010 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, October 2009 / Grandeur of the Seas, Canada NE, October 2008 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, October 2007 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, October 2006 / Explorer of the Seas, E Caribbean, May 2005
virginia
7,959 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
I know some of our beadies are currently cruising. I wondered if they are getting free internet days or just a discount on a package. There is a long thread on this topic on the RCL message board.

Delta--I think you are onboard.

Have a great cruise to all of you on the seas.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Brilliance of the Seas--North Atlantic TA: August 2014; Vision of the Seas--Southern Caribbean: November 2014; Serenade of the Seas--B2B Bahamas and Western Caribbean: March/April 2015; Southern Caribbean: November 2015; Grandeur of the Seas–June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean, April 2016: Eastern Caribbean, July 2016: Bermuda/Bahamas, Harmony of The Seas-- October 2016: Transatlantic, Equinox-- .February 2017: Mardi Gras cruise; May 2017: ABC Islands
Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by DragonOfTheSeas
I know some of our beadies are currently cruising. I wondered if they are getting free internet days or just a discount on a package. There is a long thread on this topic on the RCL message board.

When we cruised last month we got 2 free days of internet each, but they had to be consecutive days. Not a bad deal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Baltimore, Md
2,280 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Hope to see all of you soon Skip works most Sundays so during the week or a Saturday works for us
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Crown & Anchor
Plus

Grandeur of the Seas October 31, 2016
Carnival Pride March 13, 2016
Anthem of the Seas March 4, 2016

Carnival Pride Oct.18, 2015
Grandeur March 21, 2015
Carnival Pride Oct.5, 2014
Grandeur March 8, 2114
Grandeur Feb. 28, 2014
Carnival Pride September 22, 2013
Grandeur July 12, 2013
Enchantment Feb. 25, 2013
Carnival Pride Nov. 3 2012
Carnival Pride Sept. 9, 2012
Enchantment March 19, 2012
Enchantment Nov. 3, 2011
Enchantment Jan. 8, 2011
Carnival Pride Oct. 31, 2010
Carnival Pride Aug. 29, 2010
Celebrity Mercury Feb. 1, 2010
Grandeur July 11, 2009
Grandeur Oct. 2008
Grandeur April 2008
Explorer Aug. 2007
Grandeur of the Seas-Sept 2006
Grandeur of the Seas-July 2005
Adventure of the Seas-July 2004
Celebrity Galaxy-Aug 2003
Enchantment June 2001
Enchantment Nov 1999
NCI Norway Nov 1997
virginia
7,959 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Are any of the Beadies back from their cruise. How was the Grandeur?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Brilliance of the Seas--North Atlantic TA: August 2014; Vision of the Seas--Southern Caribbean: November 2014; Serenade of the Seas--B2B Bahamas and Western Caribbean: March/April 2015; Southern Caribbean: November 2015; Grandeur of the Seas–June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean, April 2016: Eastern Caribbean, July 2016: Bermuda/Bahamas, Harmony of The Seas-- October 2016: Transatlantic, Equinox-- .February 2017: Mardi Gras cruise; May 2017: ABC Islands
Virginia
10,880 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
We're back! Had a great time on our cruise. Great weather too. Very warm sail away day and very warm every day. The last sea day was rough. Big swells so lots of rolling from side to side. But it calmed down,.

We got the internet package and got credit for the 2 free days.

Food was good but repetitive in the dining room. Lots of beef in different forms. We ate many dinners in the windjammer and enjoyed it

Our captain was there temporily. He is semi retired. From Norway and really hard to understand. The noon announcements were made but we could only make out a few words.

We had a new CD who was really good. His name was Mike something. Hard to pronounce and spell.

We booked a back to back in April 2020 for my daughter's retirement cruise. 20 days!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises: 26 total

Royal Carribbean, Carnival, Princess and Holland America

PLUS!
Crown and Anchor Diamond Plus Member

virginia
7,959 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
We're back! Had a great time on our cruise. Great weather too. Very warm sail away day and very warm every day. The last sea day was rough. Big swells so lots of rolling from side to side. But it calmed down,.

We got the internet package and got credit for the 2 free days.

Food was good but repetitive in the dining room. Lots of beef in different forms. We ate many dinners in the windjammer and enjoyed it

Our captain was there temporily. He is semi retired. From Norway and really hard to understand. The noon announcements were made but we could only make out a few words.

We had a new CD who was really good. His name was Mike something. Hard to pronounce and spell.

We booked a back to back in April 2020 for my daughter's retirement cruise. 20 days!
Welcome back!! We have all of you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Congrats to Kelly on her upcoming retirement!

Ditto on the b2b cruise!

How are plans for a beadie lunch coming?

We got our garden in on Monday... well, our barrel in the front and our three pots on the back deck. Our son put in his on the sunny side of the house. In the barrel this year we have a bell pepper, a sweet pepper, a jalapeno, and, for a change, mint. I know the mint will take over, but I'm looking forward to the need to make mojitos to keep it in check!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Baltimore, Md
2,280 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Hi everyone , just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Been a busy week for us.
Skip working at the port today & tomorrow we are driving up to Pa to visit my granddaughter .
Going to celebrate Mothers day on Saturday .. grillling out ! Skip works again on Sunday so we will head back home late Saturday afternoon. Skip & I booked a cruise on Carnival Pride 7 day to Grand Turk , Half Moon Cay & Freeport ... we moved our date to Oct 7, 2018 We are looking orward to relaxing & enjoying the beautiful blue waters & fresh air ... What a wonderful way to heal & forget your worries .. Hope everyone is doing well ! 2 more chemotherapy treatments Yea ! Maybe I will have a little hair grown back bebore we cruise LOve to all
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Crown & Anchor
Plus

Grandeur of the Seas October 31, 2016
Carnival Pride March 13, 2016
Anthem of the Seas March 4, 2016

Carnival Pride Oct.18, 2015
Grandeur March 21, 2015
Carnival Pride Oct.5, 2014
Grandeur March 8, 2114
Grandeur Feb. 28, 2014
Carnival Pride September 22, 2013
Grandeur July 12, 2013
Enchantment Feb. 25, 2013
Carnival Pride Nov. 3 2012
Carnival Pride Sept. 9, 2012
Enchantment March 19, 2012
Enchantment Nov. 3, 2011
Enchantment Jan. 8, 2011
Carnival Pride Oct. 31, 2010
Carnival Pride Aug. 29, 2010
Celebrity Mercury Feb. 1, 2010
Grandeur July 11, 2009
Grandeur Oct. 2008
Grandeur April 2008
Explorer Aug. 2007
Grandeur of the Seas-Sept 2006
Grandeur of the Seas-July 2005
Adventure of the Seas-July 2004
Celebrity Galaxy-Aug 2003
Enchantment June 2001
Enchantment Nov 1999
NCI Norway Nov 1997
Virginia
10,880 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Barb, so great to hear how well you're doing! Wish we could cruise with you in Oct but we have a myrtle beach trip that month. Hope you can join us in April 2019 for a grandeur cruise! It would be great to see you.

Kelly is counting down the days to her 2020 retirement. She'll be a young retiree since she started her job so young. I'm sure she will work part time so she can fund her cruise addiction!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PLUS!

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Congrats to Kelly on her upcoming retirement. Best thing we did in a long time.
We did see Skip when we were boarding for our March cruise. Hope to cruise with you both again!

Any word on a date for a beadies lunch?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Virginia
10,880 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Wow very quiet here on the home front!! Several weeks without any posts. Hope all is well with everyone.

We've been fine. Did a 3 night trip up to Dover a couple of weeks ago. Didn't win any money but did bring home some of the money I took to play with so that was good. Leaving Sunday to spend a few nights at Carmen's house at Nags Head. Looking forward to that ocean view.

Kelly is counting down the days to her March 2020 retirement date.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PLUS!

Baltimore, MD
1,273 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Wow very quiet here on the home front!! Several weeks without any posts. Hope all is well with everyone.

We've been fine. Did a 3 night trip up to Dover a couple of weeks ago. Didn't win any money but did bring home some of the money I took to play with so that was good. Leaving Sunday to spend a few nights at Carmen's house at Nags Head. Looking forward to that ocean view.

Kelly is counting down the days to her March 2020 retirement date.
Just so you know Dixie......I'm planning on retiring in 2020 also. I just haven't figured what month to do it yet and I'll be making an appointment with my retirement planner soon to hash over the details, it can't come soon enough!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature