Bose speakers/docking stations

GidgetWidget

I am sailing on Windstar in a couple of weeks. I am curious about the bose docking stations I have seen in various review photos. How do they work? Are all iPhones the same connections to dock? Does anyone have experience with these? My DH loves to listen to music and I am hoping to save room in my luggage for other things besides a speaker...

Some of the ships have old Bose models which have the old prong for which you will need an adapter if you have a newer iPod with the lightning cable. However on our last cruise on the Pride last year, they were newer units which are BlueTooth. I still bring cable and adapter just in case

Some of the ships have old Bose models which have the old prong for which you will need an adapter if you have a newer iPod with the lightning cable. However on our last cruise on the Pride last year, they were newer units which are BlueTooth. I still bring cable and adapter just in case

Thanks Misty Morning !

Anyone know about if they are new or old models on the Legend?

No Bose of any vintage in Star Pride's 126 right now.

Marinaro44

Would be interesting to find out if this is only your room or if it’s general because we had one on the Pride last February. Maybe as previous poster said, they were not used much and probably subject to break downs and thus were removed. We had one of the Bluetooth ones on the Legend 18 months ago

We must be on the Star Pride with you! We requested a speaker on the first day and they delivered an almost brand new Bluetooth Bose speaker on day one. We’ve been using it with an iPhone.