Star Pride live

Pudgesmom

Dinner served 5:30 to 7:30 tonight in Amphora for departing guests. Rooms to be vacated at 5 so they can be made up for new guests. Hotel rooms secured tonight for departing guests. Complimentary drinks at the Star Bar for departing guests. Windstar seems to be handling things well in a difficult situation.

Can't give an estimated boarding time for new guests. Will have to get a zero guest onboard count first.

Marine traffic shows the ship almost parallel to Jones Beach, near Fire Island and cruising at 13.7 kn. It still indicates arrival at 1600 hours. Based on current location, and rate of speed, 8:30 PM arrival time isn't correct unless it significantly reduces speed.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-74.0/centery:40.6/zoom:10

Here's the ship's position and forecast route.

Darcy

I believe that "1600" estimate is for the arrival at the Ambrose pilot station....takes another couple of hours to Manhattan cruise terminal from there.

I see it is only making 11.2 knots, currently. Seems a bit slow considering how late they are...makes me wonder if they are still having mechanical issues.....

At the 2 pm briefing, we were told 7-7:30 for the Statue of Liberty and reiterated arrival time. They are allowing everyone to get off right away, no waiting for luggage tags and have hired additional help to clear us from the terminal.

Also the onboard tv channel is not showing distance to port. I think it has not been working for a couple of days.

I believe that "1600" estimate is for the arrival at the Ambrose pilot station....takes another couple of hours to Manhattan cruise terminal from there.

I see it is only making 11.2 knots, currently. Seems a bit slow considering how late they are...makes me wonder if they are still having mechanical issues.....

These ships don't generally travel faster than 11 or 12 knots unless they have current or winds in their favor.

These ships don't generally travel faster than 11 or 12 knots unless they have current or winds in their favor.

They are rated at 16 knots service, and 19.2 knots maximum....so they are certainly designed for higher speeds, if mechanically sound....

ETA is 8-8:30 Saturday evening. Don't know yet when new passengers will be able to board. Pride now moving at a fast clip. Will likely miss Newport call tomorrow because of late NYC arrival. Stay tuned.

Still watching the port cam for her departure...she will definitely skip Newport now...marine traffic shows her next port of call to be Provincetown on the 10th, back on schedule. So she has no hurry, now.

End of our story. We disembarked around 9:45. The ship provided an additional lunch and dinner for us and provided free drinks two nights in a row, including wine in the dining room. The always cheerful staff was going to have an extremely long day. We’ve been given information for hotel and airfare reimbursement. Most passengers seemed to take it in stride. There were a couple people grumbling that they could not disembark as soon as the gangway was in place.

So, we ended up with an extra sea day and a beautiful arrival at night. In my opinion, out inbound cruise ended up with a good deal in what could have been an unpleasant situation.

Pudgesmom, would love to sail with you. A great attitude makes a great adventure out of challenging circumstances. It sounds as if Windstar did everything the right way. Kudos to them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There is always some good in every situation. On our recent cruise in Scotland, we could not tender in Portrush, IR. because the sea was too rough. The captain made the right decision, because it was not safe to tender. Because of this, we were able to cruise in to Douglas, Isle of Man, and see the beautiful promenade lit up and walk along it that evening.

Kudos to Windstar for handling the situation on the Pride with such class.

We also could not tender in Portrush due to rough seas, Captain instead took us to Oban instead which turned out to be lovely little town in Scotland. Texasstar, hope you enjoyed your voyage, a bit of a transition to the motor yachts from Wind Surf. Staterooms were great, sail away just not the same!

Yes, we did have a great trip. I wondered if you would be able to tender at Portrush. Did you enjoy your excursion with Gavin in Invergordon? We used his company, but had a guide named John. We had a great day with him and he was so accommodating.

I agree about the ships. I prefer the sailing ships. I think their stabilizers may be better and I like the ambiance of the sailing ships. I did like the large rooms and bathroom though.

Glad you had a great trip.

Carron