Brilliance OTS Sept 1, 2018 Transatlantic AMS to TPA

tnt10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Booked this a few months ago and thought I'd check and see if anyone is going along.

Should be a fabulous trip!!:cool:

Tim & Terry

Hello Tim and Terry! Dick and Joe here from Winter Haven FL.

We booked this cruise about 2 weeks ago On Rhapsody's B2B Venice- Tampa. We'll

check back from time to time to say hello to new comers!

This is our 3rd cruise on Brilliance and 2nd TA.

D&J

Welcome D&J.

I had forgotten I even posted this on the G&L roll call until you responded today on the general roll call.

We did a TA from Venice to Fort Lauderdale last year on another cruise line (unfortunately).

We love the westbound TA's, relaxing sea days after the fast pace of multiple port stops at the beginning of the cruise.

We have our air all lined up and the hotel in Amsterdam, (found good prices at Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre). Have never been to Amsterdam before, so should be an interesting trip.

Tim & Terry[/color]

Welcome D&J.

I had forgotten I even posted this on the G&L roll call until you responded today on the general roll call.

We did a TA from Venice to Fort Lauderdale last year on another cruise line (unfortunately).

We love the westbound TA's, relaxing sea days after the fast pace of multiple port stops at the beginning of the cruise.

We have our air all lined up and the hotel in Amsterdam, (found good prices at Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre). Have never been to Amsterdam before, so should be an interesting trip.

Tim & Terry[/color]

We are looking forward to this trip as well. We also have our air (arriving on the 30th) and Hotel (Hampton by Hilton) just about .5 mile from Your hotel).

What are you doing for dinner on the ship? Looks like we may be stuck with my time,though wait listed for 6 PM.

D&J

We were set for Late Dining, then changed to My Time Dining, then changed back to Late Dining when it was suggested that you need set up dinner reservation times on MTD. Seemed the opposite of a my time dining model......

Let's just hope the food is good! We usually don't have a problem, (just the opposite!), but on one cruise on the Independence, the food in the MDR was so bad, we stopped going there and ate dinners in the buffet and specialty dining restaurant. More choices and we could pick what appealed to us.

We were set for Late Dining, then changed to My Time Dining, then changed back to Late Dining when it was suggested that you need set up dinner reservation times on MTD. Seemed the opposite of a my time dining model......

Let's just hope the food is good! We usually don't have a problem, (just the opposite!), but on one cruise on the Independence, the food in the MDR was so bad, we stopped going there and ate dinners in the buffet and specialty dining restaurant. More choices and we could pick what appealed to us.

We share your hope. Just off Rhapsody's TA and found the food unusually good in both Windjammer and MDR.

My dentist however, was just on Harmony and said the food was really bad. Maybe on smaller ships the chef can more easily slap errant cooks? We'll see.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys...

I am Mike retired and traveling single on this transatlantic. It will be my first time in Amsterdam also, I am arriving 29th August and staying at The Student Hotel Amsterdam City ( no its not for students lol) . I booked the hop on hop off bus its always a good way to see the sights and a dinner cruise.

I will check the Notice Board for GBLT meetings although often they chose the wrong time and the wrong place. It won't be the first time some of us have changed the venue and time. Im Diamond Plus ( not bragging - saying just in case any of you will be using the Diamond Lounge). Hope to see you on board.

Hi guys...

I am Mike retired and traveling single on this transatlantic. It will be my first time in Amsterdam also, I am arriving 29th August and staying at The Student Hotel Amsterdam City ( no its not for students lol) . I booked the hop on hop off bus its always a good way to see the sights and a dinner cruise.

I will check the Notice Board for GBLT meetings although often they chose the wrong time and the wrong place. It won't be the first time some of us have changed the venue and time. Im Diamond Plus ( not bragging - saying just in case any of you will be using the Diamond Lounge). Hope to see you on board.

Hi Mike:

We are Diamond as well, so we will see you in the Lounge at some point. There will be a gathering for sail away at Sky Bar for all cruise critic folks.

We plan on getting an Amsterdam Travel Ticket for unlimited train and tram , so we plan to use the #2 Tram in lieu of HOHO.

Safe Travels!

Dick and Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !

Steve here (DallasSteve on cruise critic, although no longer live in Dallas...hmmm)… anyway, looking forward to this cruise. Traveling with a buddy of mine -- he is Pinnacle level, I am Diamond Plus .. Arriving a couple days early to explore the amazing city of Amsterdam, and then the beauty of Brilliance. Looking forward to meeting the LGBT folk on this cruise. Is going to be a fun time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Cruise. There are probably quite a few LBGT members on the cruise even though not many on Cruise Critic. Transatlantic are popular.

Im Diamond Plus and look forward ro saying hi in the lounge in the evening. Check out the notice board lets hope the meeting is shown and in a place thats suitable and at a suitable time. They often post a meeting which falls during a time when either early or late dining can't make it - we can change that lol

Welcome to the Cruise. There are probably quite a few LBGT members on the cruise even though not many on Cruise Critic. Transatlantic are popular.

Im Diamond Plus and look forward ro saying hi in the lounge in the evening. Check out the notice board lets hope the meeting is shown and in a place thats suitable and at a suitable time. They often post a meeting which falls during a time when either early or late dining can't make it - we can change that lol

And they often post a

venue that has music that inhibits conversation. We can change that too.

D&J