Embassy Suites/Lofts +walking to port??

riffatsea

For the most part yeah. It depends on where and when you're walking. During the daytime I'd say you're good. If you're walking around downtown-french quarter at night I try to stay on well populated streets as much as possible. Poydras, St. Charles, Canal, Royal, Bourbon, Decatur

Thanks again. It would be diffiently in the day. Flying in the day before and walking to the port sometime the next morning.

Edited by Mary49

This thread has been a big help...I copy & pasted comments on directions to the port from the Embassy and the picture of the sign in the mall....We leave next Friday for New Orleans and going to walk to the port for sure!!!!

Hi, please let us know how you made out walking to the port. Thanks again and enjoy your cruise. I am thinking about going down in May and I am going solo.

Hi, please let us know how you made out walking to the port. Thanks again and enjoy your cruise. I am thinking about going down in May and I am going solo.

I certainly will let you know how we do with the walk to the port....I can't hardly wait for next Friday to get here and we just got off the Valor on Jan

19th, and I already need another cruise...LOL

We walked it. Luckily it wasn't raining but it's an easy walk. We were diverted on street to wander about three blocks with traffic outside versus inside mall. Had to walk around vehicles but it was doable outside too. Had noon check in, left hotel around 11. Were on boat about 12:30. Pretty easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We walked it. Luckily it wasn't raining but it's an easy walk. We were diverted on street to wander about three blocks with traffic outside versus inside mall. Had to walk around vehicles but it was doable outside too. Had noon check in, left hotel around 11. Were on boat about 12:30. Pretty easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Amy, now I'm wondering being I'm going solo if it would be better to stay at the Hilton Riverside after all. I so wanted to stay at the embassy for their cocktail hour and breakfast but I dont know now. Hope you had a great cruise.

We did! I will say it was VERY rocky the first half day out of NOLA. We didn't get to ocean until early morning. I took a nap after brunch, woke up around 1:30 and felt much better!

It was cloudy both that day and the return day at sea - guess it gets you ready for reality.

Weather was great in Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. We had a wonderful time. Our ship (Dream) was going to Dry Dock right after our cruise. So we can go on the Dream again and think it's a new ship!

But you can walk, for sure. It's very easy to get to where you need to be and everyone is very friendly. We walked into it kind of backwards too, from Julia Street to the street where our entrance to the port was, like salmon going upstream. No one minded. LOL. And I have to say it goes pretty fast through the terminal!

Have a great cruise. Experiencing post-cruise dizziness today! And where is my waiter?

I certainly will let you know how we do with the walk to the port....I can't hardly wait for next Friday to get here and we just got off the Valor on Jan

19th, and I already need another cruise...LOL

Hit tootsiebit - how was your cruise and stay at the Embassy. Interested to hear about your walk to the port. Thanks again. Mary49

Just boarded Dream. Stayed at Embassy Suites on Julie St. Wife (asthma/bad knees) and I were able to walk straight down Julie to the Riverwalk with our luggage. Escalator or Elevator to 2nd floor. Straight out doors to a long flat terrace that parallels the river. Make a right. After about 150 yards, the will be a PITA set of stairs that go down. At the bottom and to the right, is the Carnival entrance. Easy until the last couple hundred feet. Two large suitcases down those steps just about worked off the beignet calories I amassed the day before.

But to save $16-20, I would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

fa0bcd790071fbbe3662745285d8bcfc.jpgecece3c83798b8818524498278a99505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Boltfan21, I can see the problem. I'm surprised that they don't have an escalator or elevator to go down with your luggage; wha a shame. But I think I would be able to do it with one luggage and carryon. Thanks so much for the pictures. It gives you an idea of what to expect; you think it is an easy walk until you come to an obstacle (lol). Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...
It's 2 blocks to the riverwalk mall parking lot. If you see that tunnel looking thing..that's an escalator that takes you to the 2nd floor of the mall. That's where people who walk through the mall from Hilton riverside end up. Then go out the doors on the Riverside of the mall and I believe down some steps to get to the port.

ae9ca4068a583bf82500995225eb99b3.jpg

If you take that escalator into the mall, there's an elevator on the left with this sign

acea76aab3a99b7844f9c87dbf01bb44.jpg

Saint Greg - just wanted to say thanks again for all your wealth of info. you give to us. I ended up taking a flight out the same day as my cruise. The first flight out of Kennedy. It was great and I was very lucky it worked out for me. Got there on time and Carnival picked me up. Just had a hour delay coming home though. Flight was 6:20 and didnt get home until 11:30. Air Traffic at Kennedy they said. All in all it was a great flight and cruise.

• 2 months later...
It's about a block away from Embassy.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Any information on the rooms there? We have a 2 bedroom suite booked for 6 of us girls going on the Truimph in October.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Any information on the rooms there? We have a 2 bedroom suite booked for 6 of us girls going on the Truimph in October.

Never stayed at that one. Here are some pictures

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d93150-Reviews-Residence_Inn_New_Orleans_Downtown-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html#photos;geo=60864&detail=93150&aggregationId=101