Danube river cruise

travellers42

• 2 weeks later...
Please be more specific...are you asking about a shuttle provided by a cruise company...which one? Or are you asking about a private service?

RB

Checking for shuttle service from airports to central hotels

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We didn't use a shuttle but used a private driver we booked in advance both from and to the airport. We stayed at the intercontinental and it was $35 Euros. Extremely convenient. I think it was a 20-30 minute drive

Same here. It is great to have someone waiting for you as you exit with your bags and transport you to your hotel. There are many reputable services available. Just Google Airport Transportation - Prague and many will pop up. Read the reviews.

Cole

We used Prague Airport transfers it was 450CZK for the wife and I, we paid for it with a credit card to the driver. This was sort of like super shuttle, I think there were 5 of us in a van. The driver was waiting for us after we gathered luggage with a sign with our names on it. Took about 5 extra minutes as the last passenger was confused about what they were doing there. Classic.:evilsmile: at the time in November 2015 that was about 19.20 USD. We travel independantly I booked our room on Hotwire at the Grandior Hotel Prague which was a very nice hotel with a wonderful included breakfast. I booked it on Hotwire for $62.42 a night. It was a 5 star hotel per Hotwire, and I can't disagree. It was within walking distance to everything in the old town. We had a great dinner at a hotel recommended restaurant about 2 blocks a way. We could have walked to the Intercontinental Hotel where we were to meet the cruise doing their cruise hotel bonus booking, but took a cab for about $10.

We really enjoyed the old town of Prague. We sailed with Avalon, and the cruise was a fairly long bus ride to Nuremberg, about 3 hours with a 20 minute bathroom break in the middle.

JC