Hotels close to Manhattan Cruise Terminal

cruisincorgi

Hello,

My Wife, daughter and myself are cruising out of NYC on the NCL Gem in January. We are looking for a decent hotel close to the cruise terminal. It looks like the Hell's Kitchen area is somewhat close and has a lot of hotels. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello,

My Wife, daughter and myself are cruising out of NYC on the NCL Gem in January. We are looking for a decent hotel close to the cruise terminal. It looks like the Hell's Kitchen area is somewhat close and has a lot of hotels. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

What is the exact date you need a hotel? What is your budget? What kind of bed configuration do you need? Are you flying (airport?) or driving? Any sightseeing plans?

To piggyback off of Carol's post, you don't need to pick a hotel to be "close" to the terminal; pretty much anything in Midtown will be close. Part of it depends on how you're getting to Manhattan. If you're taking Amtrak, the area near Penn Station isn't exactly a tourist mecca, but it's close and there are numerous hotels. If you're driving, then parking may drive your decision. And if you're flying, the whole area comes into play. For instance, the Downtown/Financial District can be quite affordable on the weekend, and it's an easy shot up the West Side Highway to Midtown and the cruise terminal.

Dates and travel plans will help you get better recommendations.

Hello,

This one is walking distance from pier 88

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS MIDTOWN

538 West 48th Street, New York, New York, 10036, United States

Price Breakdown

Jan 02, 2018 - Jan 03, 2018 $ 153.00 Room Total $ 153.00 Total Taxes and Fees $ 26.07 Estimated Total $ 179.07 USD Early & Save - Advance Purchase

Price Breakdown

Jan 12, 2018 - Jan 13, 2018 $ 161.00 Room Total $ 161.00 Total Taxes and Fees $ 27.25 Estimated Total $ 188.25 USD

Price Breakdown

Jan 22, 2018 - Jan 23, 2018 $ 136.00 Room Total $ 136.00 Total Taxes and Fees $ 23.56 Estimated Total $ 159.56 USD close_btn.gif

https://maps.google.com/?daddr=40.76389,-73.993796&saddr=

It appears the OP is sailing Jan 3, which is great for them because hotel rates are low the day after New Year's. United.com has a wide selection with a base price of $160ish or less like the Holiday Inn mentioned in the previous post. That means the OP can get a brand name hotel with 2 Queens or a king/sofabed. The hotel could be close to Penn Station, the airport bus, and/or Times Square since, as pointed out by Markeb, there is really no need to be close to the cruise terminal.

I don't know if you're a AAA member, or a Marriott Rewards member (join for free!), but the Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel is literally a block (walkable) from Penn Station. There are currently cancellable rates from $199 (AAA) to $205 (Marriott Rewards) for a guest room with two queen beds. You wouldn't have to worry about a cab to the hotel, and you'd be at 35th and 7th Avenue with a very easy cab ride to the terminal.

There are a few others in the area, but this is a new (<1 year old) full service hotel within easy walking distance, even with bags, from Penn Station...

I don't know if you're a AAA member, or a Marriott Rewards member (join for free!), but the Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel is literally a block (walkable) from Penn Station. There are currently cancellable rates from $199 (AAA) to $205 (Marriott Rewards) for a guest room with two queen beds. You wouldn't have to worry about a cab to the hotel, and you'd be at 35th and 7th Avenue with a very easy cab ride to the terminal.

There are a few others in the area, but this is a new (<1 year old) full service hotel within easy walking distance, even with bags, from Penn Station...

The Renaissance would be an excellent choice. It's the only hotel I see on the United list close to Penn Station that offers queen beds. For my Jan 28 cruise I'm staying at the La Quinta on 32nd near 6th Ave because I'm coming in on Amtrak and going to Cape Liberty via PATH and light rail. For Jan 2 the LQ AAA rate for 2 Queens is $153 plus tax and includes free internet and free breakfast.

Thanks for your responses. Will probably look for something in Midtown. Will be coming on train into Penn Station, so will want something around 33 or 32 Street and 7th Avenue.

Just don’t book the Hotel Pennsylvania. Many unfavorable reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good advice. There's a reason the Hotel Pennsylvania is only $112 plus tax for the OP's date.

If the OP is on a tight budget the Holiday Inn on 26th St could be an option at $102 plus tax for 2 Doubles. Rooms are small but reviews are OK.

I would sleep on the street first. Still remains the only hotel I've ever stayed in where I put on socks before getting out of bed so that my bare feet wouldn't have to touch the carpet.

I have stayed at the La Qunita numerous times and like the location in Koreatown. ease of excellent transportation and walking.

I do stay at the Wingate near Penn Station as well which is an excellent value with reward points.