Park and Cruise near San Pedro?

Podie

I'm not cruising till Oct 2018 but like to plan in advance! I will be driving in from AZ the night before, and since the parking at the pier is so expensive, I have been looking for a hotel that includes parking for the week. I saw an ad for Vagabond Inn but didn't like the looks of it.

If I can get Marriott to include free parking (which I often can, when I travel), is Long Beach the best place to stay? I don't mind paying for an Uber to and from the port (are Uber drivers allowed into the port?) but am curious how much an Uber would cost from LB to SP?

I'm not cruising till Oct 2018 but like to plan in advance! I will be driving in from AZ the night before, and since the parking at the pier is so expensive, I have been looking for a hotel that includes parking for the week. I saw an ad for Vagabond Inn but didn't like the looks of it.

If I can get Marriott to include free parking (which I often can, when I travel), is Long Beach the best place to stay? I don't mind paying for an Uber to and from the port (are Uber drivers allowed into the port?) but am curious how much an Uber would cost from LB to SP?

If you can get the Renaissance Long Beach (a Marriott product) to throw in free parking, that would be an excellent choice...It's only about a 6-7 mile drive from there to the World Cruise Center in San Pedro--so not very much money (an Uber estimator site says $9-13 for an UberX) at all for the Uber back and forth. Hotel is very nice and in a prime location in Downtown Long Beach--near lots of restaurants, shops and attractions. If you can't get that, the Residence Inn Downtown Long Beach is a little bit of a drop-off and across the channel from Downtown--near the Queen Mary and the Carnival pier...but there is a free city shuttle that picks up at the Maya Doubletree across the street and takes you over the bridge into Downtown Long Beach so you don't have to deal with parking and such when going to dinner or other activities in Downtown...Uber ride is slightly closer, so about the same low cost.

Good luck.

Both the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree in San Pedro advertise parking for the duration of a cruise. They probably up their room rates for the convenience, so it could be considered not “free”. I’m booked at the Doubletree for 3/18 cruise.