QM2 Deck Plans Glitch on Deck 4?

bluemarble

As much as I have studied QM2 deck plans over the years this one escaped my attention until now. But now that I have a sheltered balcony cabin booked near the B Lifts on deck 4, it has come to my attention. Here is a portion of the QM2 deck plans for the area around the B lifts on deck 4.

Deck 4:

26791270589_5409b943dc_z.jpg

Note how the entrances to the port and starboard hallways are being shown as located aft of the lifts near cabins 4072 and 4079. That isn't correct is it? Aren't the entrances to the hallways forward of the lifts near cabins 4062 and 4069?

For comparison, here is a portion of the deck plans for the area around the B lifts on deck 5 which is correctly showing the hallway entrances forward of the lifts on deck 5.

Deck 5:

26791270519_52ef0baa03_z.jpg

Am I on to something here or is deck 4 different somehow such that the deck plans are correct? This is certainly not a big deal in any sense whatsoever. Just wondering if the deck plans are wrong here for deck 4 or I am wrong about this.

John

Guest SilverHengroen

To be honest it’s not like those plans show everything in exacting scale detail, they’re more of a rough guide as to where things are so a few bits seeming a bit off shouldn’t be surprising

Thanks for the replies.

Since Cunard's deck plans appear to have the entrances to the hallways around the B lifts configured correctly on all the decks except deck 4, it made me wonder if perhaps I had just missed something that is different about deck 4.

A google search revealed a photo of one of the signs on the QM2 herself showing a diagram of deck 4. That sign shows the basic configuration around the B lifts on deck 4 is the same as on deck 5 and the hallway entrances on deck 4 are indeed forward of the lifts by cabins 4062 and 4069.

Regards, John

When we had a port cabin forward on Deck 5 two years ago, I checked the deck plan and it looked like there was no port-side access to the A elevators. Post-refit, the published plan shows the same issue. However, there IS access - the deck plan is in error.

When we had a port cabin forward on Deck 5 two years ago, I checked the deck plan and it looked like there was no port-side access to the A elevators. Post-refit, the published plan shows the same issue. However, there IS access - the deck plan is in error.

That's another good one alright. Been through there and have used those A elevators/stairs many times as we usually book a starboard side BZ cabin on deck 5. Never noticed the deck plans have the access from the port side messed up. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regards, John

Howdy,

Any ( so-called ) deck plans , usually are only a brief viewing of what , MAYBE, is.;p.. Mr. Murphy is always around

The QM2 , IMHO, is BTW one of the nicest, as well fastest ships ever built in the world.

Please ignore the viewed sketches and plana-grams as they do now in the leastest typify the greatness of this magnificent Ocean Liner.

May your cruise be well and not big swells.

Edited by AAAAmerican

I just wish they reliably showed which way the head of the bed faces (DW prefers the room orientation with the bathroom to the left of the bed). I know it can be derived from which way the entry door swings as depicted on the deck plan, if only I could remember which way the door swings in my preferred orientation...

I just wish they reliably showed which way the head of the bed faces (DW prefers the room orientation with the bathroom to the left of the bed). I know it can be derived from which way the entry door swings as depicted on the deck plan, if only I could remember which way the door swings in my preferred orientation...

The trick I use (for Britannia balcony staterooms at least) is to look for a pair of connecting staterooms on the deck plan. The interconnecting doorway will of course be on the wall shared by those two staterooms and thus their beds' headboards will be on the opposite walls. From there I can extrapolate where the headboards will be in other staterooms by comparing which way their entry doors swing to those of the connecting staterooms.

Regards, John

• 3 years later...

I just had to revive this old thread since I noticed a change has been made to the latest QM2 deck plans in the area of the B lifts which I first mentioned on this thread back in 2017. To reiterate the issue, the QM2 deck plans are showing the public access to the B lifts is aft of those lifts (next to cabins 4072 and 4079). In actuality, that access is forward of the B lifts (next to cabins 4062 and 4069).

To review, here is what previous versions of the QM2 deck plans showed for the area around the B lifts. The public access shown here to the B lifts is actually were the crew access is to service stairways which are also shown on the deck plans.

26881423_QM2Deck4-BLifts(2017).png.d07a9c29690cf4a08870f6be655da7aa.png

Now, as I mentioned on another thread a few days ago, there are new 2021 versions of the deck plans available on the Cunard website. I took a look at what is being shown for the area around the B lifts on the new QM2 deck plans to see if they have corrected this issue.

Well, they've made a change, but they've only made it worse. The new deck plans are still showing the public access is aft of the B lifts where the crew service stairways are, but now they've moved those crew service stairways on the deck plans forward of the B lifts where the public access is in actuality. Here is what the latest 2021 version of the QM2 deck plans looks like.

1069667783_QM2Deck4-BLifts(2021).png.4a6d45d72831674fea2e57eae0739a8c.png

Oh well, it did manage to get a chuckle out of me when I saw this bizarre "correction" to the QM2 deck plans.

• Like 1