Disembarkation in Buenos Aires

bigdawgs

I have gotten off ships before on the second to last day. You must get permission prior to your sailing. Contact Celebrity to get proper information

Curious why you need permission before the sailing if the ship is overnighting in the final port? Advance permission is necessary to debark at a different port, but I would think this can be arranged during one's cruise if the ship arrives to the final port the day before the cruise officially ends. Are you certain this has to be arranged prior to one's sailing in such a circumstance?

It began at 7am for us on our Dec 24, 2016 Infinity sailing. Here are the disembarkation instructions: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwsk-dPJV5Lqd1Nfcl9JNUFkT1k

But could you leave and reboard all night? If you want to go out for the evening? Usually for an overnighter you can go and come at will....if that is the case then can you just disembark at any time during the night/morning? Is the transport from the ship to the terminal in operation all night? Thanks...want to make an early flight from BA to Iguazu Falls.

I actually don't remember to accurately answer your questions. We did not go back to BA after dinner during the last night as we were busy packing.

I am attaching a photo of a portion of the front page of the Celebrity Today for our first day in BA. The "All Aboard" section implies the freedom to get on and get off the ship at all hours of the night. I would imagine that the shuttle service at the pier would have to be operational because it wouldn't be safe to walk the pier at night.

16b9be601b62618becd5068737a32de7.jpg

Wondering if we can make our 10:00AM flight out of EZE airport.

Since you arrive, maybe, at 5:00am, you can probably self disembark by 7:00am, get through customs etc, get a previously arranged car, and be on your way to EZE by 7:30-7:45am. Which isn’t really soon enough to board your 10:00am flight at 9:30-9:45. If everything goes smoothly with no hang ups along the way, a definite maybe. But I would strongly recommend a solid Plan B for if/when you miss the 10:00 flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

An addendum to my previous...

I recently posted someplace here on CC a link to a story about the port terminal facilities in B.A. undergoing upgrades. Don't know if that was on a roll call, on the South America Ports section, maybe here within Celebrity. I can't find it now! But I recall enough to know that my previous experience and most others' will probably be out of date.

From the ship you [probably] need to take a shuttle to the terminal building. How often it runs, how early, whether or not the driver prefers a full bus and will wait until "enough" people are aboard... These are all unpredictable elements in your time equation. And then the could be swift, could be tortuous process of re-entering Argentina [immigration, customs].

For what it is worth, in our case I had a car booked to meet us at 0900, take us by our hotel to drop some luggage, and then on to the local airport to fly to Iguazu. The Infinity had assigned us a debarkation time/group. I spoke with guest relations, explained my 0900 appointment, they gave us an 0800 departure and we were at a cafe down the street from the terminal at 0830 or so, drinking coffee and waiting for our ride.

I would suggest you backward plan. Figure the latest you would need to be at EZE. Arrange a car service. Tell them that you need to be at EZE NLT x time, let them tell you what is the latest they could pick you up and still get you to the airport by that time. Plan for 30-45minutes extra time. Use that to set your pickup time, then work with Infinity to get you off in time to meet your ride.