All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:04 AM.
Bradenton, Fl
3,158 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Summiteers....The Sequel continues....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05, Adventure of the Seas 4/23/06, Empress of the Seas 4/9/07, Sovereign of the Seas 11/30/07, Liberty of the Seas 4/26/08, Sovereign of the Seas 8/1/08, Granduer of the Seas 11/20/08, Freedom of the Seas 4/26/09, Monarch of the Seas 9/25/09, Oasis of the Seas 4/24/10, Monarch of the Seas 11/29/10, Freedom of the Seas 4/10/11, 10/31/11 Monarch of the Seas, 11/27/11 Freedom of the Seas, 4/23/12 Jewel of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas 7/2/12, Monarch of the Seas 10/29/12. Jewel of the Seas 12/8/12, Jewel of the Seas 4/27/13, Freedom of the Seas 8/11/13, Brilliance of the Seas 2/1/14, Freedom of the seas 6/8/14, Enchantment of the Seas 8/29/14, Vision of the Seas 11/29/14, Vision of the Seas 3/28/15, Enchantment of the Seas 6/5/15, Vision of the Seas 12/16/15, Majesty of the Seas 5/27/16, Freedom of the Seas 7/17/16, Oasis of the Seas 4/23/17, 6/7/17 Empress of the Seas, 10/22/17 Oasis of the Seas

Alpharetta, GA
3,649 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
The Summiteers are no longer homeless! Thanks Gary!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ink!

NEXT: ????????
Previous Cruises:
River Anuket - 7 Day Egypt/Nile River Sep 2008
Emerald Princess - 10 Day Southern Oct 2007
Royal Princess - 12 Day Mediterranean Aug 2007
Celebrity Century - 5 Day Western Jan 2007
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2006
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Mexican Riviera Apr 2006
Sun Princess - 10 Day Eastern Nov 2005
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Southern Apr 2005
NCL Spirit - 5 Day Work Cruise Mar 2005
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2004
Celebrity Summit - 7 Day Western May 2004
Coral Princess - 10 Day Canal Feb 2004
Grand Princess - 7 Day Western Nov 2003
Celebrity Summit - 10 Day Ultimate Apr 2003
Sea Princess - 7 Day Southern Nov 2002
Grand Princess - 7 Day Western Dec 2001
Celebrity Galaxy - 7 Day Southern Apr 2001
Carnival Ecstasy - 3 Day Bahamas Jul 2000
Celebrity Mercury - 7 Day Western Feb 2000
Carnival Ecstasy - 3 Day Bahamas Dec 1998
Florida
3,522 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Hope we don't have to move anymore. It's so hard packing everything up and then putting everything away

Thanks Gary, for being so smart.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Rosemount, MN
1,379 Posts
Joined May 2002
**sigh**

ANOTHER new home - this is like our 4th new "home" since we began.

Oh well, I'm sure Beau will have it all nice and decorated for us soon!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
After 50 something years, I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up - RETIRE

Coming up --> Grandeur 2017 Navigator 2017 Vision 2018

Holiday 2002, Sensation 2003, Rhapsody 2003, Summit 2004, Caribbean Princess 2004, Mercury 2005, Triumph 2005, Elation 2006, Grand Princess 2006, Norweigan Star 2007 Fantasy 2008 Voyager 2009 Destiny 2009 Imagination 2009 Legend 2011 Voyager 2012 Allure 2013 Jewel 2014 Equinox 2015 Radiance 2015 Liberty 2015 Jade 2017
Willow Glen Ca.
4,078 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
...Good Evening Summiteers...Thanks to Gary, for our new home,..However, admit it Gary...You just wanted to top the page again..Yes???..LOL>>...Last Night on board...The whole ship seems to be either Sad or Subdued or Both...It's melancholy to start packing..The Big bags have to be outside the cabin tonight....In the mean time, we finish off the Rum Runners and go out on our balcony...We are on the port side...I'd picked this side on purpose, because I knew that on the way home, we would get the Sunset....This is looking like a doozy...Lots of clouds, some storm clouds way off...So, we kick back, sip our drinks and watch the Sun

disappears into the Sea...Those of you, who didn't catch it...I have HD Video and photos.....I will try to post at least some of the photos here...What was cool, about this Sunset, was the Sun appeared to be setting between two banks of Clouds...Soon, the Sun is close to the Sea...Orange and purple light is shining thru the Clouds...OUTSTANDING!!..Finally, the Sea swallows the Sun...Orange light is coming thru the Clouds from beneath the sea...Can you guess, I love Sunsets at Sea, with the Woman I love and who Loves me...We get ready for the last dinner...We put our Bags out, many others have

done so to....We meet Flinder and Cortez waiting for the elevator, and we ride down to the MDR....The room is quieter tonight...Everyone is tired and happy, well most everyone...The cocktail waiter comes over and takes our order..(you know what it is by now)...For
Starters I get the Louisiana Gumbo with baby shrimp, Andouille Sausage and sliced okra, plus Escargot, Kathie Lee had the Forest Mushroom Broth with goat cheese Crostini.. For the Entree...Kathie

Lee ordered Chef JVS Signature Thai Coconut Shrimp, whick as you all know is Sauteed jumbo Tiger Shrimp in a Lemongrass-Ginger-Yellow Curry Sauce Served over a bed of Jasmine Rice with Straw Mushroom, Bamboo Shoots and crispy carrot nest. I got The Osso Bucco Alia Milanese with roasted artichokes and served over herb mashed potatoes...Very Yummy.....and of course for Dessert ...Baked Alaska...I don't know what the Big deal is about this...It only Neopolitan Ice Cream with Meringue around it...I guess it is hard to make...Anywhoo, All the Chef's introduce themselves and then it's the Waiters turn..They turn off most of

the lights and here they come...All the waiter are carrying what looks like lit birthday cakes!!!...But it isn't...Sundi, shows us the Alaska...then serves it to us...Like I said I don't get this dessert, but I will have to admit this is very good..Next time, What do we do on the last night aboard the "Connie"???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
Willow Glen Ca.
4,078 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
..I forgot to tell you..Kathie Lee's shrimp had COCONUT IN IT...Hench the name....Back to the

Review...By the time we get out of the MDR..It's too late...There is a Farewell Dance Party at Reflections, but my gimpy leg leaves me out...So we all go down the Cinema to See "Red"...I

had seen this before, but the others hadn't...We enjoyed the movie..Somewhere, some one had gotten a bag of popcorn...Never did find out, where he got that...After the

Movie, it's late..We have to be up early tomorrow..The Drink of the Day was Watermelon Fresca, Patron Silver Tequila, Monin Watermelon, fresh lemon juice, Splash of Soda...So, where's the

Fresca???? The Slots payout was $191,178...Next time...The Wait, the long lines, The wait in the broiling Sun...The Hot and Cold Hotel Room!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
Florida
3,522 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
What a nice home warming gift....more cruise adventures....sad to see it come to an end...

Who is going next???? Ours is November 27th.........
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
NW Ohio
8,417 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Beau, sounds like an outstanding last sunset and dinner. Yum-o!

Jill, our Pacific Coastal cruise is on Sept 24. We leave for Vancouver on the 23rd. Yippee!

Gary, thanks for setting up our new thread!

Becki
USA
1,423 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Beau, love sunsets on the ocean although I think I have only caught one.

But on the Zuiderdam we had a balcony and I stepped out there .. And saw a beautiful double rainbow. The reflection of it ran accross the sea and ended at the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
Willow Glen Ca.
4,078 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
..Good Morning to the Summiteer Sequel...It's the last day of the cruise, but we still have one day post-cruise to do, which we have never done before...We get up early, even though we have pushed back our time

to get off...We get dressed, and packed..Double Check the room...I guess we are ready...So, we say goodbye to our home for the last two weeks, On last look around then we are off to the buffet...We

go back to our favorite waffle stand, and add other tasty items...We are docked in the same place as when we left..We take our trays

out to the Sunset Bar to eat our breakfast outside and to see the Oasis of the Seas docked right behind us. It's going to be a beautiful day in Ft. Lauderdale...Did you know that the City of Ft.

Lauderdale is named for the Second Seminole War Fortifcation built on the Banks of the New river in 1838?...I didn't.....It does live up to it's name..."The Venice of America"....We learn that we

traveled 3566 Nautical Miles in our Cruise..Meanwhile, we head down to the Theater to wait for our color to be called. I believe it was Red 2...People are coming and going, finally our color is

called..It is not a long walk to the gangway..We Ding-Dong our Seapass cards for the final time....As we are walking down the gangway, it sure feels different from when we walked up it, two

weeks ago...Down to the warehouse to find our Luggage..Flinder and Cortez found their's first, then us...Then into the long line at Customs..We run into Doris and her hubby, so we talk for

awhile..Just as we get up to the counter...One of agents, decides it's time for my Coffee Break...So, instead of Three Agents, we now have two...the line sloows.......We get thru it, and come outside

into the madhouse of people coming and going to the Ship...We are finally able to call our hotel, so they can come and get us. It's 10:30 in Morning, and it is already Hot and sticky...We find a place to

wait in the shade, but a Cop tells us we can't wait there, we have to go over next to a chain link fence..in the Sun of course...So, we wait, checking out every Van that comes in...Looking for our

Hotel...Finally he shows up, I grab shotgun, and everyone else piles into the back...Thank God for A/C...Next time...The Hot and Cold Hotel, Locked out and our first Reality Dinner...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NW Ohio
8,417 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Grace, your double rainbow on the Zuiderdam sounds amazing! Wow!

Beau, boy, isn't it annoying to be hit with that dose of reality as you exit your cruise? Can't wait to hear the rest...

Becki
USA
1,423 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Beau, I am one of those people who never to the theater. I sit at the pool with a cup of coffee and wait for my color to be called. Trying to drag out every last minute, second I can.

I recently read on the boards about a man who is 95 years of age and booked a year long cruise (solo) on Costa. To the tune of $65,000. Guess he didn't like getting off the ship either. I can only hope I can still cruise at 95 but I am sure I will not have the money.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
Atlanta, GA (Duluth)
2,869 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Hi Summiteers!

Gary, thanks for "building" our new home!

"The Sequel" continues ................

Catch up with y'all later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Addison 7.2011 close sized.jpg (9.0 KB, 22 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Diane
"I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive" - Bon Jovi
~ Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves ~
http://community.webshots.com/user/ddepace7

Disney Dream 11/2014 (Bahamas)

Navigator of the Seas 4/2011 (W. Carib)

Norwegian Pearl 2/2011

Norwegian Sky 5/2009
Carnival Inspiration 10/2008 ((W.Carib)
Costa Mediterranea 3/2008 (E.Carib),
Explorer of the Seas 8/2007 (Canada/New England)
Caribbean Princess 4/2007 (E.Carib)
Carnival Celebration 2/2007 (Carib.)
Golden Princess 8/2006 (British Isles)
Carnival Victory 12/2005
Empress of the Seas 8/2005

Celebrity Mercury 4/2005 (Calif.Coastal)
Caribbean Princess 12/2004 (E.Carib)
Celebrity Summit 4/2004 (W.Carib)
Star Princess 9/2003 (Alaska Inside Passage)
Carnival Triumph 2002 (W.Carib)
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2001
Carnival Ecstasy 2000
Norwegian Majesty 1998
Carnival Ecstasy 1998
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 1997
Regal Princess 1995
Carnival Holiday 1993
Admiral Cruises Emerald Seas 1991
Dolphin 1990
Chandris Britanis 1989
Rosemount, MN
1,379 Posts
Joined May 2002
Just checking in ...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
After 50 something years, I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up - RETIRE

Coming up --> Grandeur 2017 Navigator 2017 Vision 2018

Holiday 2002, Sensation 2003, Rhapsody 2003, Summit 2004, Caribbean Princess 2004, Mercury 2005, Triumph 2005, Elation 2006, Grand Princess 2006, Norweigan Star 2007 Fantasy 2008 Voyager 2009 Destiny 2009 Imagination 2009 Legend 2011 Voyager 2012 Allure 2013 Jewel 2014 Equinox 2015 Radiance 2015 Liberty 2015 Jade 2017
Florida
3,522 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Becki...your cruise will be here very soon....sounds like fun.

Diane...don't you just love the grandkids.

Stacy had to get groceries and it had been awhile so she had to get a lot of stuff. Poor Madison was out of her favorite gummies

She had all of the food piled up around Madison and everytime she would put something else in the cart Madison would yell "NO MORE FOOD" Then she had to help hold on to stuff to take to the car...so hard being a kid.

Beau.....Glad you took an extra day after the cruise, so we get to hear a little more of your adventure....keep it coming.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Willow Glen Ca.
4,078 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
..Good Afternoon,Summiteers.....Where were we????...Oh, yes in the Van heading for our first post-cruise hotel stay...The reason we did this, is a simple one..the Airline we

were with,(Virgin America) only had one flight a day to San Francisco..It was at 10:30 in morning..We were afraid we wouldn't be able to get off the ship and to the airport in time...it turned out we could

have done it...I'm glad we didn't anyway...Anywhoo, After going up and down freeway ramps..For awhile I thought we were on the wrong Van and the guy was taking us to Miami!!!

..But, no fear, we take the next ramp and right next to the freeway was our Hotel..With the simple and easy to remember name....Wait for it....Cambria Suites, Ft. Launderdale Airport

South & Cruise Port!!..This is a very nice looking Hotel with a very long name..Only one year old and very modern looking..We drag all our luggage into the lobby..It is packed

with Cruisers getting ready to go to their ships...Of course we can't check in yet..So, we store our luggage in a big closet...and find a very comfy couch to wait. This Hotel has

Wifi, so Flinder tries to use her Ipad there..No luck getting on..There are four Computers in the lobby, that are free to use..I wanted to go on CC and tell everyone we were

back..But, I had to wait for the computer to free up...So, we started talking to this nice couple from Minnesota, that were going on a two week cruise..Yes, you guess it...They were

bound for the "Connie"..We told them, they were in for a treat since we just came back from that cruise...So, of course they had allot questions..and we did our best to answer them..

..After about an hour, their Shuttle was called and we wished them "Bon Voyage"...Kathie Lee and I both wished we were going with them...(Sigh)...The Front desk called us, to

tell us our rooms were ready...Again..Choice Hotels let us down..I made the Reservations months ago...But, like the Sleep Inn...I guess they thought it would fun, if you get two

rooms to place them as far apart as possible!!!...At the Sleep Inn they were on Different Floors..At least these were on the Same floor, just a different ends of the Hotel....I still don't

understand why or why they do this!!!...When we got to our room...It was huge!!!..After two weeks in a balcony Cabin, this is a nice change. It had like a living room, with a large flat

screen TV on the wall, Coffee maker, Refrig, Microwave, phones with voice mail..the Bathroom, The shower stall is the size of our bathroom on the "Connie"!! The stall shower is of

the modern type..With just a glass wall and no door. the sink is a large ceramic bowl on a flat table...There is a crack in the bowl..I just hope we don't get blamed for that!!!..In addition

they are Bathrobes, ironing board and an iron...Past the living room wall is a large king bed with a pillow top and another Flat screen TV on the wall..It is warm in the room, and I turn the

A/C on full blast(more on this later)....We decide to go swimming, we get our Swimming togs on and head for the pool...on the way to the pool, we see a large gym with lots of machines..The pool is

very nice, and we find a table and chairs in the shade. We spend some time there, and head back to the room, when we try to get back in...the door is locked!!!!..There is a card reader

next to the door, and we try this, every way we can, but no joy...we bang on the door, and finally an hotel employee opens it for us..Next time...Hot and Cold Room and an dinner which tells us were not on board anymore.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alpharetta, GA
3,649 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Hi Summiteers....The Sequel! Beau - The way you described your hotel room, it reminded me of the Venetian in Vegas. I think hotels reserve rooms kind of like car rental places reserve cars. Maybe next time ask for adjoining rooms? Although, I'll bet newer hotels aren't even built with connecting rooms. Anyway....I'm getting a little misty-eyed just thinking about the end of your review.

for Diane - In the staffing agency/recruiting business....does the agency get a one time fee for placing a temp employee, or do they get a cut of the wages as the temp works, or both? For example: I get a temp job through a staffing agency that pays me $15/hour. Is the client paying say another dollar or two per hour to the agency for every hour I work? Or does the client pay a one time "finders" fee to the agency regardless if the temp job lasts a month or a year?? (Assuming I'm being paid through the temp agency, not the actual company I'm working for.) I'm not talking about a recruiter who finds and places a permanent employee. I assume the agency only gets paid once for that. Anyway, your insight will be greatly appreciated. BTW - Your little granddaughter just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Hi Jill & Gary and Becki and Grace and Paul & Jen and Kathie Lee!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ink!

NEXT: ????????
Previous Cruises:
River Anuket - 7 Day Egypt/Nile River Sep 2008
Emerald Princess - 10 Day Southern Oct 2007
Royal Princess - 12 Day Mediterranean Aug 2007
Celebrity Century - 5 Day Western Jan 2007
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2006
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Mexican Riviera Apr 2006
Sun Princess - 10 Day Eastern Nov 2005