Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:36 AM.
Rosemount, MN
1,379 Posts
Joined May 2002
While this is a tragic event, It has been a great reminder that there are some pretty amazing people out there, my Summiteer friends included.

In a nutshell, this appears to be the stereotypical jealous husband reacting to marital issues, in addition we have found out there was financial difficulties to boot, so our working theory is the stress became too much for my brother-in-law to handle.

While we hate what happened, we are unable to hate my brother-in-law and have reached out to his family to extend our condolences and hope they will attend our services, as we plan to attend their services for him.

Kiss and hug your partner/spouse and remember why you fell in love in the first place.

http://fuzedblog.com/kozlakradulovic...t-hulke-zerba/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
After 50 something years, I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up - RETIRE

Coming up --> Grandeur 2017 Navigator 2017 Vision 2018

Holiday 2002, Sensation 2003, Rhapsody 2003, Summit 2004, Caribbean Princess 2004, Mercury 2005, Triumph 2005, Elation 2006, Grand Princess 2006, Norweigan Star 2007 Fantasy 2008 Voyager 2009 Destiny 2009 Imagination 2009 Legend 2011 Voyager 2012 Allure 2013 Jewel 2014 Equinox 2015 Radiance 2015 Liberty 2015 Jade 2017
NW Ohio
8,410 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Paul, your sister sounds like she was a lovely, caring person, so it must run in the family. How generous of you to reach out to your BIL's family. I'm sure that is deeply appreciated by them. I pray for strength for all of you to get through these next difficult days.

Becki
Florida
3,518 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Paul...nice picture of your sister. It's wonderful that your family can reach out to your brother-in-law's family. They are hurting also and for your family to realize that is amazing.

Makes us all want to give each other a big old cyber hug.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Bradenton, Fl
3,158 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Paul
So sorry to here about your sister. Our thoughts and prayers are with you jenn. The same goes out to your brother in laws family.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05, Adventure of the Seas 4/23/06, Empress of the Seas 4/9/07, Sovereign of the Seas 11/30/07, Liberty of the Seas 4/26/08, Sovereign of the Seas 8/1/08, Granduer of the Seas 11/20/08, Freedom of the Seas 4/26/09, Monarch of the Seas 9/25/09, Oasis of the Seas 4/24/10, Monarch of the Seas 11/29/10, Freedom of the Seas 4/10/11, 10/31/11 Monarch of the Seas, 11/27/11 Freedom of the Seas, 4/23/12 Jewel of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas 7/2/12, Monarch of the Seas 10/29/12. Jewel of the Seas 12/8/12, Jewel of the Seas 4/27/13, Freedom of the Seas 8/11/13, Brilliance of the Seas 2/1/14, Freedom of the seas 6/8/14, Enchantment of the Seas 8/29/14, Vision of the Seas 11/29/14, Vision of the Seas 3/28/15, Enchantment of the Seas 6/5/15, Vision of the Seas 12/16/15, Majesty of the Seas 5/27/16, Freedom of the Seas 7/17/16, Oasis of the Seas 4/23/17, 6/7/17 Empress of the Seas, 10/22/17 Oasis of the Seas

Rosemount, MN
1,379 Posts
Joined May 2002
You guys are awesome - and I promise this is the absolute last time I am a killjoy on this forum. (God willing)

Next cruise, 2/4/12 on Voyager out of NOLA. Some one join us, it's cheap, it's over Super Bowl weekend and it's going to be fun!!! (plus we love Derek in the Pig 'n Whistle)

closed circuit to Beau - you're ultra awesome dude. I'm glad you are my adopted big-brother!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
After 50 something years, I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up - RETIRE

Holiday 2002, Sensation 2003, Rhapsody 2003, Summit 2004, Caribbean Princess 2004, Mercury 2005, Triumph 2005, Elation 2006, Grand Princess 2006, Norweigan Star 2007 Fantasy 2008 Voyager 2009 Destiny 2009 Imagination 2009 Legend 2011 Voyager 2012 Allure 2013 Jewel 2014 Equinox 2015 Radiance 2015 Liberty 2015 Jade 2017
NW Ohio
8,410 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Paul, you are not a killjoy. Much as it saddens us to hear of a such a loss, it surely draws us closer as we share these losses and, hopefully, gain strength from that sharing.

Would love to join you on that cruise, but we've already got one planned for April '12. With Garrett semi-planning to retire next June, he can only take vacation as he accrues it. He gets over 4 weeks, but if he retires in June he will have accrued only about 12 days, so he can only take that many paid days. If he takes more, he'll owe the company. If his retirement plans change (please, please, please! ) then, we can take vacation whenever we want. Or, if he goes to Europe in December as planned for several weeks, he'll get some comp days, for being there over the weekends, so we may be able to swing something that way. Hmmm... Stay tuned!

Becki
Florida
3,518 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Paul...have you ever been on the Voyager? It is a wonderful ship. Long ago I won a cruise on her. It was our first taste of Royal Caribbean and we never went back to Carnival. We had an inside Promanade room..great room to see the action on the main part of the inside of the ship. You will have a great time.

Gary is the same way with only getting 2 weeks vacation and their office is closed between Christmas and New Year's so he is always behind with unpaid vacation time

PS....we all know that Beau is awesome !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Willow Glen Ca.
4,077 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
..Good Afternoon, Summiteers.Thank you for the kind words..Paul you are a great guy, I'm proud to be your Big Bro..I'm kind of humble, that you all think I'm so Awesome....Well, I guess I have dragged this

out long enough...After drying out and changing clothes we walk down to Flinder and Cortez's room...It's dinner time...We wish all we had to do,is

ride the elevator down to the MDR...But, that is in the past, now....So, we go out the front door..There are plenty of restaurants in walking distance...But, we are tired and just want something simple...So, we

choose..Wait for it.....Subway!!!...So, we eat outside, with the stink and the roar of the cars fifteen feet away going somewhere in a hurry...So we talk about the Cruise and wish we were still on board...I gimp and limp back to the

Hotel...We have a early flight tomorrow..So we both turn in...Something is wrong with our room...The A/C is running full blast, but the room seems to be getting Hotter!!!!...I call down to the front desk and ask

them why isn't the A/C working???...The girl at the desk doesn't know,but she will call back in Ten minutes...If you guessed, she never called back you would be right...So, we are laying on this most

comfortable bed, sweating and uncomfortable...When a light goes on in my head!!! I read someplace that if the A/C unit is under the windows.(Like ours, the Cold air gets trapped between the curtains and the

window and doesn't cool anything!!!..So, I put our shoes or anything I can find to hold the curtains down to the Sill...After awhile we both dropped off....A few hours later we woke up chilled to the bone....I had to get up and turn

down the A/C and pull up the covers!!!!...We got up, enjoyed the large shower...and got everything packed and went down to the Lobby...Where we meet Flinder and Cortez at the Breakfast Bar...Now

this one was allot better than the one at the Sleep Inn...Only this one, you had to pay $8pp!!!...So, Kathie got a bowl of oatmeal and we shared one plate from the Bar..This is what Flinder and Cortez did

also...So, they called our Shuttle and we are off to FLL...We get there in plenty of time..When we came on this cruise..Our large suitcase weighted 54pd..Now for some reason it weights 72!!!...So, luckily there

was a tour guide in one of the outside pockets, pulled that and we made the weight...Now thru Security...This is allot tighter here than at San Francisco...First, they X-rayed my carry-on..Then called me over, I was

having a hard time, because, I was holding my shoes, belt and my pants!!!..I had to open my carryon..Then TSA..ran my boom-box, my C-pap machine and my shaving kit...They opened my shaving kit and confiscated my

Toothpaste!...By, this time I had put my shoes and belt back on..and Re-packed the case....So, we walk and walk to our gate...Why is it, your gate is always the furthest away????....We find and seat and wait...I go up to the

counter and ask the agent if the airline has moved to the new terminal yet???..(They were supposed to during the cruise, they said yes, they had)...So, I called my father who is picking us up...To pick us up at the new terminal...A agent comes

down the gangway and tells us they have a full plane(Is there any other kind)..and asked if anyone could check their Carry-on?..Since Kathie Lee didn't want to pull hers..We being good people, that we are, we checked it...The

plane ride is OK, What is nice about our Airline is you can order Food or drink from your seats and they bring it to you...Of Course, you have to pay for it...I guess we caught a tailwind because we landed a half hour

early...Flinder, first noticed it...We were back at the terminal we left from!!..We are not at the New Terminal!!!...They are not moving there until the next week!!.....So, now I've sent my father to the wrong

terminal!!!...I tried to call him, but no answer, so we go down to get out bags....Guess what?? The Airline lost Kathie Lee's Carry-on!!!!..So we are running around trying to get in touch with my father and find Kathie's

Bag......It finally, worked out..I got my Dad..Yes, he was looking for us at the new terminal...and the Airline found Kathie Bag...We are waiting at the curb, when I see a familiar sight...My big old Pickup truck...So, we

throw our bags in the back and get in my crew cab...It's about an hour drive from the Airport to home, We get there...and Bella is so happy to see us..She is going crazy jumping on us...I help Flinder and Cortez load

their car and say goodbye...A minute lately Cortez is at my door again.. His Battery is dead....So, I get my jumper cables and get him going

again...It's good to back home...I will enjoy sleeping in my own bed for the first time in over two weeks...Well, my friends that it...The Cruise is now officially over....Sorry, it took so long..but, life got in the way. I almost started to cry, when I was writing about my Dad picking us up at the airport.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
USA
1,419 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Beau can you keep the earthquakes in Ca. please. I thought a gas main blow up. Or a plane crashed into the house or a tree. Hey, we do not have earthquakes in NJ. So Beau what should one do during a quake or tremer???? I went outside to see what the heck was going on.

Paul glad your posting been thinking of you. You will love the voyage of the Seas. Check out the pick a boo bridge, first time I accually saw the bridge of a ship. You and Jen enjoy this vacation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
Florida
3,518 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Beau....Great cruise, great story..loved every minute of it
I was thinking that there is nothing as sad as leaving a cruise, but losing family is much worse...there are always another cruise, but not family

It seems that if something unusual or strange happens it happens to Beau and Kathie Lee. Hope you are writing all your adventures down for a book someday.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Rosemount, MN
1,379 Posts
Joined May 2002
Beau - i got that crying part down pat too...although for me, it seems to help for a bit, I can't speak for you....

But - indeed, I must agree, it seems your travels are ALWAYS " interesting" - although I can't wait to travel with you again!

Grace, it is indeed a wonderful ship, we did it out of Galveston a few years ago and had a grand time.

yesterday was my sister's services, it went beautifully - i don't normally believe in this kind of stuff, but it seems as if we had a guiding hand with a number of items...

tomorrow is my brother-in-law's services, i hope it goes just as well for them. We'll be there as they were for ours - it's a shame we have had to get to know each other in this way, but they have been extraordinary to work with and seem like genuinely nice people.

This situation has shaken me, but in some ways (hopefully) i think it has made be a bit better of a person.

As always, you guys are great.

p.s. why is toothpaste always confiscated by the TSA - happens to me too...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Florida
3,518 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Paul..glad the service went well...Don't you know that you can make a bomb out of toothpaste?

Grace...I thought you liked to rock and roll............
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
USA
1,419 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Paul thinking of you today. As for the Voyager , thought I felt a little
deja vu when I typed it. Well, what can you expect will be 65 next month. But I believe some airlines give a discount for that age. Woo Hoo.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
Alpharetta, GA
3,649 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Grace - Your going to be 65 next month....65 what?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ink!

NEXT: ????????
Previous Cruises:
River Anuket - 7 Day Egypt/Nile River Sep 2008
Emerald Princess - 10 Day Southern Oct 2007
Royal Princess - 12 Day Mediterranean Aug 2007
Celebrity Century - 5 Day Western Jan 2007
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2006
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Mexican Riviera Apr 2006
Sun Princess - 10 Day Eastern Nov 2005
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Southern Apr 2005
NCL Spirit - 5 Day Work Cruise Mar 2005
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2004
Celebrity Summit - 7 Day Western May 2004
Coral Princess - 10 Day Canal Feb 2004
Grand Princess - 7 Day Western Nov 2003
Celebrity Summit - 10 Day Ultimate Apr 2003
Sea Princess - 7 Day Southern Nov 2002
Grand Princess - 7 Day Western Dec 2001
Celebrity Galaxy - 7 Day Southern Apr 2001
Carnival Ecstasy - 3 Day Bahamas Jul 2000
Celebrity Mercury - 7 Day Western Feb 2000
Carnival Ecstasy - 3 Day Bahamas Dec 1998
Willow Glen Ca.
4,077 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
..65!!!!!...I thought everone here was 39 and Holding..I know Kathie Lee and I are!!!!..39 is devine!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
USA
1,419 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by SlimBeau
..65!!!!!...I thought everone here was 39 and Holding..I know Kathie Lee and I are!!!!..39 is devine!!!
39 doesn't get you a discount on the airlines But on a cruise ship I will try to pass myself off as 55 can't go younger as I like that discount too.

No worries, Oink 65 is the new 39
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,410 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Hiya, kiddo's! Just got back from babysitting my greatniece for a couple of days. She is just starting kindergarten, but only went 1/2 day on Wed, and not at all today. Tomorrow she goes all day, and then not again on Monday. Finally, Tuesday she starts her full-time schedule. Well, her mommy is a teacher and started school yesterday, so needed a babysitter for today and yesterday, so I volunteered to drive down and sit on her! We had fun, but she's a ball of fire! She did tell me that I'm the best babysitter ever.

Grace, I felt the earthquake in Akron! I was sitting on my sister's sofa, and it felt like it was moving. I was like, "what the he**!", but then I knew what it was. We'd had a couple of small ones here in Toledo over the years we've lived here, so I knew the feeling.

Beau, great ending to the cruise review! Bravo! It must have been bittersweet writing that final chapter, but those memories are what we have to savor, right?

Paul, good to hear you are doing well.

Becki
Alpharetta, GA
3,649 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Can't believe you're about to turn 65 Grace! Congratulations!! So, you should be collecting social security checks soon. Take advantage while there's still some $$ left!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ink!

NEXT: ????????
Previous Cruises:
River Anuket - 7 Day Egypt/Nile River Sep 2008
Emerald Princess - 10 Day Southern Oct 2007
Royal Princess - 12 Day Mediterranean Aug 2007
Celebrity Century - 5 Day Western Jan 2007
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2006
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Mexican Riviera Apr 2006
Sun Princess - 10 Day Eastern Nov 2005
Dawn Princess - 10 Day Southern Apr 2005
NCL Spirit - 5 Day Work Cruise Mar 2005
HAL Zuiderdam - 7 Day Eastern Nov 2004
Celebrity Summit - 7 Day Western May 2004
Coral Princess - 10 Day Canal Feb 2004
Grand Princess - 7 Day Western Nov 2003
Celebrity Summit - 10 Day Ultimate Apr 2003
Sea Princess - 7 Day Southern Nov 2002
Grand Princess - 7 Day Western Dec 2001
Celebrity Galaxy - 7 Day Southern Apr 2001
Carnival Ecstasy - 3 Day Bahamas Jul 2000
Celebrity Mercury - 7 Day Western Feb 2000
Carnival Ecstasy - 3 Day Bahamas Dec 1998
Alpharetta, GA
3,649 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
So, today I'm going through my emails to see if anyone's contacted me regarding the ump-teen zillion resumes/applications I've sent out. This and scouring all the job boards is part of my daily rountine. I come across an email from a recruiting company that I recognize as one I applied to recently. The job, however, is not what I applied for. Get this....

Hi,

One of our clients located Downtown has a 2 month temporary Administrative Support assignment. The pay is $10 per hour.

Candidates must have recent administrative support experience with intermediate skills in Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with Lawson is a big plus.

The assignment will start on Monday. The client does their own fingerprint background check, which the candidate is responsible for paying for. The cost is $40 & would need to be paid in the form of a money order prior to starting the assignment. The client doesn't have onsite parking. Parking in the area is approximately $5-8 per day.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in this assignment, please ask them to forward me their updated resume ASAP!

So let's recap:
$10 per hour
2 month temp job
Requires admin experience, Excel, Word & Powerpoint skills + Lawson
Downtown location
Assignment starts Monday
Must have fingerprint background check prior start date
Applicant must pay the $40 for the background check
Applicant must pay the fee in the form of a money order
Must pay to park daily

Who wouldn't want this job?!
Expand Signature