On the Vista now March 19-25, 2017

This will be a hodgepodge of things that come to my mind about my cruise so far, not necessarily in order. For those of you who read my Glory one from October, it will follow along those lines. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Here we go.

Embarkation was easy and fast. I am a fan of Staggered Check in as this is my second time experiencing it. We arrived at about 11:10am and our time was 11-11:30 the first group. I am Platinum, one cabin had FTTF, the other did not. The 2 cabins were directed to the side, the other one to the main line. There was a separate line for those that arrived too early. So take notes - they ARE enforcing your check in times.

Went right in to the first set of desks in the front where they scan your Passport pic then no wait for security (metal detectors and bag X-Ray). The person without FTTF made it through while we were waiting for our FTTF party of 4. Within a couple min we were all together. Captain's Club was dark. Instead we were directed upstairs. Went up, a lady said Priority to the left towards the elevators. Before we could get back there, she said never mind, boarding has started and to go. Great!

Got the obligatory pic because I wasn't by myself, and then proceeded to the gangway. They scan your Boarding Pass with an iPad. It makes a noise but not the "Ding" as we all know and love [emoji20].

We waited inside the main atrium at the bar for the rest of our party to get on. Probably about 20-25 min. We ordered a drink using our Boarding Passes no problem. Went to our cabin then where our keys were in our mailbox in a tamper evident envelope. Not all the keys were in the boxes, and Suites weren't ready. Many had their doors open (I may have peeked my head in a couple that didn't have a room steward in them. Not stepping foot in there, just my head [emoji4]). So if you have a suite, and aren't Diamond or Platinum, you will need FTTF no matter what anyone tells you. I will post a pic of the sign on the doors as well. It does not say anything about Suites being ready because they aren't.

bdec259db578de16017e6a015e543131.jpg

OK where was I? Our cabin is 7456 Havana Extended Aft Balcony. It is really nice. I typically only get insides and OVs due to price. But this was a different type of cruise. There are 13 of us. 3 cabins in Family Harbor, 3 in Havana. I only mentioned some of them at embarkation because we didn't all arrive together.

Anyway, I love the Havana area. Very quiet and relaxing. The only way I would do this ship again is in a Havana cabin of some sort. Inside would be fine. I enjoy the balcony, but I haven't spent much time on it. I have been busy, busy, busy. Walking a LOT!! So from now on I will stick with insides and OVs. Not worth the extra money IMHO. I know there are those who feverishly disagree, and that's fine. Do your thing. It's just not that big of a deal to me. I don't eat breakfast or drink coffee so that argument is invalid in my world.

3e2de1b3f9091ce1c6ed491060f1d166.jpg

11c5dac02204751af2d297c008bfeb8f.jpg

Thanks for the reviews! We did the Vista (Havana Cabana) in Feb. and are going on the Glory in June. As far as the ship being too big, not sure about that, but there were so many things to do, that we didn't do a lot of the things we'd planned! Missed Guy's Burgers, Breakfast Burritos, SkyRide, Motion Theatre - whatever that's called, the ropes course, the comedy club among other things. What we did instead (and we had four ports that we took full day advantage of) was trivia, BBQ, Seafood Shack, Red Frog Pub & Karaoke, Piano Bar, and lots of time at the Alchemy bar and the tides pool. Much of our time coming in and out of ports was spent on our Havana Lanai. Loved that part of it.

Anyway, I love the Havana area. Very quiet and relaxing. The only way I would do this ship again is in a Havana cabin of some sort. Inside would be fine. I enjoy the balcony, but I haven't spent much time on it. I have been busy, busy, busy. Walking a LOT!! So from now on I will stick with insides and OVs. Not worth the extra money IMHO. I know there are those who feverishly disagree, and that's fine. Do your thing. It's just not that big of a deal to me. I don't eat breakfast or drink coffee so that argument is invalid in my world.

I have only sailed one other time and we had an inner cabin. My husband's work sent us on the trip and we didn't complain one bit about having an inner cabin. This time, we purposely booked and inner cabin because I just know that we barely ever spent time in our room except to sleep. I didn't need windows or a balcony. I'd rather save the money and spend it on excursions or souvenirs. BUT that's the nice thing about cruising.....everyone can do it their own way!