Are there really launderettes on Maasdam?

love_the_sea

I see launderettes on the deck plan for Maasdam and am wondering if they really are still there. It does appear that no changes have been made to this ship in the past couple of years. I am going to be on a 32 day cruise so it would be nice to be able to do my own laundry and to have access to an ironing board. Thanks

I did a search and turned up some results but the latest was 4 years old.

Having used irons in several of HAL's launderettes, I advise you use a pressing cloth to avoid possible stains - a handkerchief usually works well enough for me.. And I find that the launderette on the upper deck might be less busy than the one on Lower Promenade. $2 to wash, $1 to dry; the front desk will make change (quarters). You'll have your clothes back in 2 hours, and you meet some of the nicest people in the laundry! Enjoy, m--

Thanks everyone!! Great info! I really appreciate all the "tips" in addition to answering my original question. My travel partner will be especially appreciative. She really didn't want to use HAL's laundry service and while I don't mind, it will be nice to save some money and not have to pack so much on this long cruise!