What are your 2 favorites?

Martini Mom

Having been to most of them for 8 hours or more so far

Beautiful, gorgeous Places we would love to go stay for a week are :

**Antigua. 365 beaches , says it all!

**Barbados. More upscale, island most educated.

For a cruise, virgin gorda, to spend the day at the Baths, a once in a lifetime bucket list adventure. :cool:

Previous poster apparently has not been to Gold Rock Beach when docked at Freeport, truly unspoiled nature

Grand Turk - Locals are very friendly and not nearly as pushy as most other islands (ie Nassau, St. Kitts, Antigua) also the layout is very easy to navigate...you can take a golf cart out of the port and its almost impossible to not find your way back to the ship.

San Juan - The cobblestone cat colony, the free trolley system, all the history, MOFUNGO!, also the locals are not very pushy here either (see a trend :))

Loved St. Maarten and Jost Van Dyke. Unfortunately, lots of hurricane damage there so it will be very different the next time we visit.

Really don't care for Nassau either.

Edited by tbmrt
fixed

Grand Turk - Easy island to tour and very nice facilities within a short walk of the ship.

St Maarten - We enjoy walking the town which is about 15 minutes from the pier including walking on the beach. While we are not big shoppers we do find shopping to be good and pricing competitive.

Keith

St. Lucia is a favorite because of the pleasant people whom I have met, a nice dock shopping area, and the scenery in drives to Margot Bay and to Soufriere where the Pitons are located as well as scenic cruising between Soufriere and Castries.

St. Maarten is another favorite because of the friendly people whom I have met, a dock shopping area that is within easy walking distance from where the ships are docked, a downtown area that, while congested, is interesting (and I still contrast the reality of the area today as compared to my first visit in 1970!), the pleasant walk along the beachfront reminds me of Las Ramblas in Barcelona, and a tour that included St. Martin and a party-boat catamaran. This was one of the most enjoyable and fun shore excursions I have taken in the Caribbean.

Grand Turk - laid back island, all beaches are public, Excellent snorkeling/diving, great beach combing for sea glass

St Thomas - beautiful mountain island, gorgeous beach (Lindqvist), easy car rental right on the dock, good beach snorkeling

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Looking for sea glass sounds fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

San Juan for the wonderful people we have been privileged to meet there, the quaint cobblestone streets and fascinating history.

Martinique for retaining its European feel and not succumbing to the need to turn into a hub of US-based chains selling crappy food and crappy souvenirs made in China.

What are your top 2 favorite Eastern Caribbean islands and why?

Saint Martin because we can spend a great nude day at Club Orient. They were hit hard by this years hurricanes and are closed - temporarily I hope.

Don't rally have a second. After awhile, they're all the same.