LCV - Discoverer Benefit Question

crilski

I am an Elite on Celebrity, therefore a Discoverer on Azamara.

What does this mean?

"Onboard Future Voyage Savings: 5%* savings, 50%* reduced deposit*

• Reserved Passage: $200 onboard credit
  • Open Passage: Reduced deposit is non-refundable"

I'm taking my first Azamara cruise shortly - do I get a $200 OBC on my cruise in January? I don't understand what 'Reserved Passage" means.

Thanks!

The Azamara Passages (Open & Reserved) are a benefit of booking a future Azamara cruise while onboard.

The Open Passage is if you don't know the specific sailing but do plan to sail in the future on Azamara. The Reserved Passage is if you a booking a specific sailing. Here's the terms & conditions:

Azamara Passages Onboard Savings Offers: The Azamara Passages Offers are available to members of Le Club Voyage loyalty program and is open to new individual bookings only. Open Passages bookings require a non-refundable 50% deposit at time of booking. Reserved Passages bookings require a refundable 50% deposit at time of booking. Full deposit amounts range from $550-$1100 USD per person. 50% reduced deposit o*ffer is not applicable to Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites, and Club Spa Suites; standard deposit rates apply.

Guests will receive cruise fare savings of 3%-10% per stateroom; amount based on guest’s Le Club Voyage loyalty tier when ship and sail date are selected. Adventurer tier will receive 3%, Explorer tier will receive 4%, Discoverer will receive 5%, Discoverer Plus will receive 7%, and Discoverer Platinum will receive 10%.

First-time guests may take advantage of this offer, but must enroll in the Le Club Voyage onboard to receive savings. The Azamara Passages Offers are combinable with Azamara Club Cruises general marketplace offers, back to back savings, and single supplement savings. The Azamara Passages Offers are not combinable with certain restricted fares. For combinability rules with other programs not mentioned above please consult your Onboard Cruise Sales Manager. Itineraries, embarkation and debarkation times may change without notice. The Azamara Passages Offers cannot be used for resale by Travel Partners or used by third parties and chartered voyages. The Azamara Passages account balance is not redeemable for cash. No changes or credits to the deposit or OBC amount will be made if a Passages reservation is changed or cancelled. The Azamara Passages Offers’ cancellation and change terms vary by guest’s country of residence and are available for residents of other countries; please contact your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for savings amounts and further details. International deposits and requirements may vary; please see your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for details and deposit policies. Terms may vary by country.

OPEN PASSAGE: The Open Passage account balance may be applied against the cost of an Azamara individual or group cruise and is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Azamara Club Cruises. There is no expiration date on an Open Passage account. Open Passage does not apply to Restricted Rates. Once a ship and voyage date is selected for an Open Passage account and the guest cancels for any reason, the guest may apply for a refund subject to the terms of Azamara’s standard cancellation policy, less the amount of the deposit. Savings will be applied to booking after guest selects ship and voyage and booking details are finalized. At least one name on the original Azamara Passages Account must remain the same (no double name changes allowed).

RESERVED PASSAGE: Under the Reserved Passage offer, guest will receive a $200 onboard credit per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise. OBC has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. The sail date and ship can only be changed once booking is made. Single bookings will receive a pro-rated OBC based on the single supplement rate paid. Guests will have the ability to make multiple Azamara Passages bookings when onboard. Name changes for multiple Azamara Reserved Passages will be allowed for a 30 day period. The cancellation policy for multiple Azamara Reserved Passage bookings is the same as our normal cancellation policy stated above. For multiple Open Passages, once the ship and sail date are selected, normal name change and cancellation policies apply. Please see your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for more details.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

Hi Bonnie, perhaps it ought to be ‘when or IF changes take effect’. Always best to be optimistic that the status quo remains[emoji3]

Judging by the OP on the other thread it would appear that it’s already been implemented.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like the status quo is in place, check out Phils message on the other thread concerning his email with the LCV ambassador. Phew, that’s a relief.[emoji106]

Thanks, yes I’ve seen Phil’s post hopefully the LCV discount will remain an option long term.

The managers in charge of Onboard Sales are conducting a test, which they expect will be over by the middle of December. Those guests sailing these voyages may opt between the old and the new program.

Bonnie, my wife and I are on an Azamara cruise in February, 2017. We are planning on booking a cruise. Could you update me on new rules?

Bonnie, my wife and I are on an Azamara cruise in February, 2017. We are planning on booking a cruise. Could you update me on new rules?

Hi Tom47,

At this point nothing has changed. Since it’s an ongoing test we will all see what, if any, changes will be decided upon.

And thank you for sailing with us in February and planning to book a future cruise while onboard! :hearteyes:

Better to get things straight from Azamara, rather than from someone on "other threads," before expressing "shock."

Thank you for your admonition- sometimes some of us are stuck in hostile lands so have to rely on whatever information you get. However can I point out in my case I was reacting to information on the Azamara UK website which I considered a valid source!

Thank you for your admonition- sometimes some of us are stuck in hostile lands so have to rely on whatever information you get. However can I point out in my case I was reacting to information on the Azamara UK website which I considered a valid source!

And a report from two seasoned Azamara cruisers on the ship right now I was shocked too, but glad we have now had it confirmed as a trial.

Phil

I booked onboard and got $500 OBC, some for early booking and some for some kind of promotion perhaps. The price of my cruise reduced by £750 and I contacted my TA who called and got the best price promise but was informed I lose my OBC. Is this correct?

I booked onboard and got $500 OBC, some for early booking and some for some kind of promotion perhaps. The price of my cruise reduced by £750 and I contacted my TA who called and got the best price promise but was informed I lose my OBC. Is this correct?

Probably yes, in the U.K. the ability to rebook using a new offer only applies to booking made onboard. However if you rebook using a new offer anything connected with the existing booking is lost.

You will lose the OBC for booking onboard as this counts as a new booking, I think. As to the early booking OBC, it would depend when you rebook. If the cruise is still over a year away when you re-book, I would expect that you would still get the early booking OBC, but not if it’s less than a year away.

And a report from two seasoned Azamara cruisers on the ship right now I was shocked too, but glad we have now had it confirmed as a trial.

Phil

Those "two seasoned travelers" incorrectly reported a change in the b2b OBC, casting the accuracy of their posting into doubt.