Senior Officer's Party

Sikwemu

Just off the B2B. The Senior Officer's Party was held at 11.15am in the morning and the dress code seemed to be as casual as possible. It seems it has only recently happened and the Senior Officers don't like it at all. Was told it had moved because QE & QV have so many attend they have to hold two so they have decided to do the same time across all 3. Anybody know if this is actually true?

I can't write my views on what I really think about the time and lack of dress code (plenty of t-shirts in evidence) for what used to be THE party for folk at the top of the loyalty cruise programme, the clothes don't matter brigade would hit the keyboard with so much glee, but would it be so bad for some standards to be kept up?

I have been to officers parties at lunch time on QE2 so it's nothing new. It will in part depend on the number of formal nights available for all of the parties that need to be fitted in.

On QM2 just gone both weeks all the Captains cocktail parties were held in succession on the same night being the 2nd Full Sea day and Second Formal Night, The other Parties were informal. Even though there were 3 formal nights.

Edited by Pennbank

I have been to officers parties at lunch time on QE2 so it's nothing new. It will in part depend on the number of formal nights available for all of the parties that need to be fitted in.

Same here Lanky Lad and on a number of occasions.

Indeed, I quite enjoyed them at that time, gave a great appetite for lunch.

We have had the QM2 Senior Officer’s Party at lunchtime on the World Cruises too, several times. Most passengers then seemed to make an effort to dress smartly, yet appropriate for lunchtime.

Concur about the dress standard when attending lunchtime functions Cruiseluvva. But there, We Are Cunard after all.

Just off the B2B. The Senior Officer's Party was held at 11.15am in the morning and the dress code seemed to be as casual as possible. It seems it has only recently happened and the Senior Officers don't like it at all. Was told it had moved because QE & QV have so many attend they have to hold two so they have decided to do the same time across all 3. Anybody know if this is actually true?

Just off the QE and yes, there were two SO parties, on at 5.15 and one at 7.45, you could choose which one you attended.

:)

Plus those who sneak in without an invitation.

Possibility of having 80% of the ship as attendees. :eek:

We have stopped going to some WCC parties due to the overcrowding but the last Senior Officers' party we attended was on the penultimate day of this year's QV World Cruise. It was a lunchtime affair in the Queens room and I would say around 100 passengers [could have been more but the room was very 'roomy'] attended. It was a delightful occasion and I would say the smart casual dress code was upheld well.

We have stopped going to some WCC parties due to the overcrowding but the last Senior Officers' party we attended was on the penultimate day of this year's QV World Cruise. It was a lunchtime affair in the Queens room and I would say around 100 passengers [could have been more but the room was very 'roomy'] attended. It was a delightful occasion and I would say the smart casual dress code was upheld well.

I'm glad it worked on the QV, the upholding of smart casual certainly didn't seem to on the B2B first leg. Didn't attend on the way back as we were so underwhelmed by it with the loss of the (as Solent Richard said) WE ARE CUNARD ideal.

The two senior officers parties we recently attended on the QM2 were just before lunch. The dress code on the invitations was indicated as "Informal" which, as we all know, means jacket required - tie optional for men. The vast majority of gents wore a jacket and many of us wore ties.

I first experienced the lunch-time party on the QE four years ago. It was a fairly small crowd and the dress standards generally met the definition of Informal.

We have cruise P&O for a number of years now and are thinking about trying our posher cousins. What I find interesting about this thread is the word Parties. In days gone by P&O would have a Captains a Pursers and an Engineers party and you might get invited to one or two of these. These days we (on P&O) just get a welcome aboard party, generally on the second night and, an Loyalty party where officers attend. So my question is, what parties do Cunard hold on an average 14 night cruise these days.

Bal

We have cruise P&O for a number of years now and are thinking about trying our posher cousins. What I find interesting about this thread is the word Parties. In days gone by P&O would have a Captains a Pursers and an Engineers party and you might get invited to one or two of these. These days we (on P&O) just get a welcome aboard party, generally on the second night and, an Loyalty party where officers attend. So my question is, what parties do Cunard hold on an average 14 night cruise these days.

Bal

Usually the same depending on loyalty.

Bal

While on P&O you also have a 'special' lunch hosted by an officer.

On Cunard it's a 'free' lunch in the Veranda Restaurant but, unlike P&O, the wine has to be paid for...

31955937994_77ab0c936f_z.jpg

Bal

Depending on what tier you are with P&O if you are Caribbean or above you get an officer hosted lunch but to get a complimentary meal at Verandah as mentioned by Solent Richard you have to be at Diamond level of Cunard World Club which you dont get until you have done 15 voyages or 150 nights.