Walk to Emerald beach

cole'snana

Someone on Grandeur reviews posted recently going to Emerald Beach in St Thomas via a jitney, and they said some even walked there. Does anyone have info on the jitney and where to get it? How far is the walk from the port? We love to walk, does anyone have directions? Thanks.:)

I agree with the opinions of both boca7 and Ms411. There are two routes but I agree with boca7 that the jitney/taxi is the best way for visitors to go. It is not expensive transportation and you will enjoy your day.

If you decide to walk, definitely take the Nisky Center route. The "shortcut" route is a steep hilly, winding, narrow, heavily traveled industrial road with no sidewalks. Even before the hurricanes it is/was an unsafe route to walk.

My reservation about walking the Nisky route is the heat! This route has a gradual upgrade but it is in the sun the whole way. Unless one is acclimated to exercise in a tropical climate this might not be a walk you would enjoy.

And finally FYI - I have no involvement with the taxi business, financial or otherwise. I only want visitors to have a happy healthy day and return to St Thomas for extended vacations. :)

I emailed Emerald Beach Resort, $7 for chair and $10 for umbrella.

Thanks for the info - I still have not gotten a response LOL

Thanks, do you know if they are rebuilding the beach bar.

Also interested in knowing status of beach and property?

Thanks for the info - I still have not gotten a response LOL

Also interested in knowing status of beach and property?

I read on their Facebook page that they just reopened the beach bar. I think it was right around New Years Eve. It says it is open now.

I read on their Facebook page that they just reopened the beach bar. I think it was right around New Years Eve. It says it is open now.

We just returned from our cruise and had the pleasure of visiting Emerald beach on Tuesday. Beach and resort is fully open for cruisers and day guests and they have done an incredible job post hurricane restoration. The beach bar is open, the restaurant is open and all looks great! Plenty of chairs, umbrellas for rent and the beach is beautiful. One of our favorite days! The staff at the Emerald beach resort are simply wonderful and hospitable and back in full force

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just returned from our cruise and had the pleasure of visiting Emerald beach on Tuesday. Beach and resort is fully open for cruisers and day guests and they have done an incredible job post hurricane restoration. The beach bar is open, the restaurant is open and all looks great! Plenty of chairs, umbrellas for rent and the beach is beautiful. One of our favorite days! The staff at the Emerald beach resort are simply wonderful and hospitable and back in full force

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for the great information - still have not heard back via email but good to know they are up and running - this is now on my 'short list' for upcoming port stop in St. Thomas...

Did you dock at Crown Bay or Havensight? Wondering on transportation cost?