Inspiration August 25th, 2017 Review of a 3 nighter

CruisinDawn

I really had a hard time finding much on the 3 night Inspiration cruise experience I thought a review was much needed so I took a little extra time on the cruise to observe/document stuff. :D All pictures to follow later today.

My Background: This was only my second Carnival cruise with the first being the 7 day Miracle Sept 2016 also out of Long Beach. 1 Princess cruise back in 2000 when I caught the cruise bug followed by 25 Royal Caribbean cruises before heading to Carnival. Unhappy with Royal no, just they don't go out of LA to Mexico anymore. 50 years young traveling with my husband this cruise. It was a much needed time to just relax.

So here is the good, the bad & the ugly! Would I take this cruise again, yes! Was everything perfect, no! You can't please everyone so these are just our observations. Sorry but I can't help compare Carnival to Royal with all of my Royal Cruises.

Our plane landed at 10:30, grabbed an Uber $41.30 to the port. When we got there it was much different then the Miracle 2016 cruise. Check-in has moved inside the building. There were only a few people milling around at 11:45? We were instructed to go inside the building to check in. We did have FTTF but it didn't really matter there were no lines anywhere? Checked in and went on board! Having FTTF we went straight to the cabin to drop off our carryons from the plane. Cabin was ready, dropped our stuff and headed up to the Lido for a beverage.

Muster: Our station was on the Lido. Honestly we were in awe as it wasn't what we were use to. It was just an assembled party with someone speaking that very few listened to. Royal does not allow drinking at muster but Carnival does not have that rule, bars were closed but you could still buy beer from the beer machine on the Lido in front of the Blue Iguana. With the amount of cruises under our belt we felt confident we would know what to do in an emergency but lord help those that didn't listen. Just an observation....

Main Dining Room: We had Your Time dining. Later today I will post the menus from each night. We only ate in the MDR the first night. Enjoyed our meal, service was fast. Like I said we were on the ship to relax so we were fine with the Lido buffet, Deli or Pizza. Didn't need the formalness of the MDR. For a three night we were surprised how formal people were dressed for dinner. Our theory was that this is a 3 night cruise and FILLED with 20 somethings, Bachelor & Bachelorette parties so they wanted to strut their stuff. Heck if I was 20 and rocking the body I would to! This was definitely a party ship like every 3 night cruise which we had no problem with and figured it would be going in.

Lido: We were always able to find something. Lines moved and were not very long, sometimes nonexistent. Unlike Royal I loved that it was open late night as well. Now our issue...In the back corner there is a bar YEA for us! but it was filled with people just in their bathing suits & barefoot? No one was stopping them from getting food like that as well. This is something I have never experienced on a cruise even the Miracle.

Guys: LOVED the burgers! Would have loved to have one for dinner but it was closed by then.

Blue Iguana: Tacos were good, Breakfast burritos good as well.

Alchemy Bar: This bar is not to be missed. Fortunately when we walked up Jason from the Miracle was behind the bar, YEA! he makes the experience so fun. He only had a few days until his leave so he isn't on board right now but intends on coming back. If you have the Cheers package and want a strong drink this is the place to come.

Cheers: Won't cruise without it but Carnival is a bit weaker then Royal's package. Most drinks are limited to 1oz of alcohol and yes they do measure. Bloody Mary's will have 2oz on the Miracle but were premade on the Inspiration however I watched them make the mix. It's a good mix!

Cabin: We had cabin U149 Oceanview Upper deck which is deck 6. Bit smaller then what I am use to but comfortable for the two of us. I can't imagine having more then two in these cabins. Only a chair, no couch.

Elevators: Now here is where Carnival shines compared to Royal. After explaining to my husband that on my Miracle cruise last year with my Sister we rarely ran into anyone in or waiting for an elevator so we took mental notes of the situations. Only 4 times ALL weekend were we in an elevator with someone else, wow! Unheard of on Royal unless you only travel between 2am and 5am. The glass elevators in the lobby bar/guest services were out of order the entire cruise and appear that they have been for a while.

Disco: We went one night. Packed but fun crowd, music even two 50 year olds could enjoy but we are young at heart and don't expext the disco to be a country dance house. It's a disco!

Serienity: We loved the Serienty on the Miracle but you can't even compare these places on the Inspiration beside location. There were two hot tubs, some lounge chairs and some couches. We only walked through there a few times and everytime the hot tubs were so full no one was sitting in them they were all sitting up on the edge shoulder to shoulder. Loungers were available as well as couches. No bar, hamocks, clam shells or pool as on the Miracle but it is much smaller. Let's hope Carnival keeps the Serienty on the Miracle kid free, love the place!

Main Pool: We didn't use the pool but sat at both the Red Frog and Blue Iguana Bars a bunch. The hot tubs on the lido would also overflow to where people would just sit on the edge. First day & second day you could find a lounger. the last day was a sea day and the pool deck was packed! Bars were 3 people deep most of the time with people trying to get drinks. I am guilty as well of trying to suck every minute out of the last day of a cruise.

Shows: We only attended the comedy shows. We had seen one of the comedians before yet his material was fresh and we both laughed a lot. Adult comedy got crowded but still places to sit if you came in a little late.

Piano Bar: Gilbert was fantastic, always trying to engage to crowd and took the time to learn names of some of those in the audience. We stopped in every night and really enjoyed ourselves.

Disembark: We just waled straight off at 8, basic line, nothing crazy. Customs was fast, Uber was fast $53.77 back to LAX. Trip back was Monday Morning so traffic so keep that in mind on timing. Took us an hour to get to the airport.

Will try to post Fun Times & Menus laster today :D

This was definetely a party cruise but never saw anyone out of control. When Royal went out of Long Beach on a 3 night cruise it was the same way. Some kids but not many. Anyone could have a fun time if you just let yourself. When I was applying gift cards to my seapass their was a guy complaining about the Disco and something at the pool at the same time. Relax you're on vacation!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I really had a hard time finding much on the 3 night Inspiration cruise experience I thought a review was much needed so I took a little extra time on the cruise to observe/document stuff. :D All pictures to follow later today.

My Background: This was only my second Carnival cruise with the first being the 7 day Miracle Sept 2016 also out of Long Beach. 1 Princess cruise back in 2000 when I caught the cruise bug followed by 25 Royal Caribbean cruises before heading to Carnival. Unhappy with Royal no, just they don't go out of LA to Mexico anymore. 50 years young traveling with my husband this cruise. It was a much needed time to just relax.

So here is the good, the bad & the ugly! Would I take this cruise again, yes! Was everything perfect, no! You can't please everyone so these are just our observations. Sorry but I can't help compare Carnival to Royal with all of my Royal Cruises.

Our plane landed at 10:30, grabbed an Uber $41.30 to the port. When we got there it was much different then the Miracle 2016 cruise. Check-in has moved inside the building. There were only a few people milling around at 11:45? We were instructed to go inside the building to check in. We did have FTTF but it didn't really matter there were no lines anywhere? Checked in and went on board! Having FTTF we went straight to the cabin to drop off our carryons from the plane. Cabin was ready, dropped our stuff and headed up to the Lido for a beverage.

Muster: Our station was on the Lido. Honestly we were in awe as it wasn't what we were use to. It was just an assembled party with someone speaking that very few listened to. Royal does not allow drinking at muster but Carnival does not have that rule, bars were closed but you could still buy beer from the beer machine on the Lido in front of the Blue Iguana. With the amount of cruises under our belt we felt confident we would know what to do in an emergency but lord help those that didn't listen. Just an observation....

Main Dining Room: We had Your Time dining. Later today I will post the menus from each night. We only ate in the MDR the first night. Enjoyed our meal, service was fast. Like I said we were on the ship to relax so we were fine with the Lido buffet, Deli or Pizza. Didn't need the formalness of the MDR. For a three night we were surprised how formal people were dressed for dinner. Our theory was that this is a 3 night cruise and FILLED with 20 somethings, Bachelor & Bachelorette parties so they wanted to strut their stuff. Heck if I was 20 and rocking the body I would to! This was definitely a party ship like every 3 night cruise which we had no problem with and figured it would be going in.

Lido: We were always able to find something. Lines moved and were not very long, sometimes nonexistent. Unlike Royal I loved that it was open late night as well. Now our issue...In the back corner there is a bar YEA for us! but it was filled with people just in their bathing suits & barefoot? No one was stopping them from getting food like that as well. This is something I have never experienced on a cruise even the Miracle.

Guys: LOVED the burgers! Would have loved to have one for dinner but it was closed by then.

Blue Iguana: Tacos were good, Breakfast burritos good as well.

Alchemy Bar: This bar is not to be missed. Fortunately when we walked up Jason from the Miracle was behind the bar, YEA! he makes the experience so fun. He only had a few days until his leave so he isn't on board right now but intends on coming back. If you have the Cheers package and want a strong drink this is the place to come.

Cheers: Won't cruise without it but Carnival is a bit weaker then Royal's package. Most drinks are limited to 1oz of alcohol and yes they do measure. Bloody Mary's will have 2oz on the Miracle but were premade on the Inspiration however I watched them make the mix. It's a good mix!

Cabin: We had cabin U149 Oceanview Upper deck which is deck 6. Bit smaller then what I am use to but comfortable for the two of us. I can't imagine having more then two in these cabins. Only a chair, no couch.

Elevators: Now here is where Carnival shines compared to Royal. After explaining to my husband that on my Miracle cruise last year with my Sister we rarely ran into anyone in or waiting for an elevator so we took mental notes of the situations. Only 4 times ALL weekend were we in an elevator with someone else, wow! Unheard of on Royal unless you only travel between 2am and 5am. The glass elevators in the lobby bar/guest services were out of order the entire cruise and appear that they have been for a while.

Disco: We went one night. Packed but fun crowd, music even two 50 year olds could enjoy but we are young at heart and don't expext the disco to be a country dance house. It's a disco!

Serienity: We loved the Serienty on the Miracle but you can't even compare these places on the Inspiration beside location. There were two hot tubs, some lounge chairs and some couches. We only walked through there a few times and everytime the hot tubs were so full no one was sitting in them they were all sitting up on the edge shoulder to shoulder. Loungers were available as well as couches. No bar, hamocks, clam shells or pool as on the Miracle but it is much smaller. Let's hope Carnival keeps the Serienty on the Miracle kid free, love the place!

Main Pool: We didn't use the pool but sat at both the Red Frog and Blue Iguana Bars a bunch. The hot tubs on the lido would also overflow to where people would just sit on the edge. First day & second day you could find a lounger. the last day was a sea day and the pool deck was packed! Bars were 3 people deep most of the time with people trying to get drinks. I am guilty as well of trying to suck every minute out of the last day of a cruise.

Shows: We only attended the comedy shows. We had seen one of the comedians before yet his material was fresh and we both laughed a lot. Adult comedy got crowded but still places to sit if you came in a little late.

Piano Bar: Gilbert was fantastic, always trying to engage to crowd and took the time to learn names of some of those in the audience. We stopped in every night and really enjoyed ourselves.

Disembark: We just waled straight off at 8, basic line, nothing crazy. Customs was fast, Uber was fast $53.77 back to LAX. Trip back was Monday Morning so traffic so keep that in mind on timing. Took us an hour to get to the airport.

Will try to post Fun Times & Menus laster today :D

This was definetely a party cruise but never saw anyone out of control. When Royal went out of Long Beach on a 3 night cruise it was the same way. Some kids but not many. Anyone could have a fun time if you just let yourself. When I was applying gift cards to my seapass their was a guy complaining about the Disco and something at the pool at the same time. Relax you're on vacation!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Just got off the Inspiration. 4 day. Atrium elevators still out of order all last week.

• 7 months later...