Tianjin ( Beijing) port

simonaitch

Do any cruisers have experience of arriving in Tianjin Port ? I seem to remember a post on here which described the arrival as mayhem, long queues at immigration, long wait times and if I remember correctly some passengers on individual tours missed there meeting times shoreside.

I was wondering if the above was the norm when arriving in Tianjin or was it just a one off ?

Maybe depends on your cruise line and also if there is another ship in port.

We were on Holland America Volendam in October and it was our first port in China. The Volendam asked passengers ahead who were doing private tours overnight and who were doing long private day tours and names of other passengers in our private group. Also the time of our tour. We were issued numbers to get off. Our group of ten did not initially get the same numbers so had to hassle the front desk. The number gave an estimate of the time we would get off so people had a leisurely breakfast.

The ship arrived according to itinerary around 8 am and had to be cleared by officials then numbers were called. Our group had a low number and we were off by 10 am, and our guide was waiting. Some were not off till 11 am.

It would be chaos, a free for all, if the ship didn't release us slowly to the passport check.

• 2 weeks later...
Will you give me the information for the guide you used in Beijing please.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beijing Tour Guide and Driver Service - Leo's Private Tour

Try googling this. Ask any specific questions you have. It was long and exhausting 2 days but we saw the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square.