Ms Rotterdam - Refurbished in Dry Dock

Princess Jessie

Hi .. has anyone been on the Rotterdam recently that could confirm it the ship has been through the Dry Dock and had the refurbishment that is being currently undertaken?

And if not does anyone know when it will be done?

Any photos or descriptions about what has or hasn't been done would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi .. has anyone been on the Rotterdam recently that could confirm it the ship has been through the Dry Dock and had the refurbishment that is being currently undertaken?

And if not does anyone know when it will be done?

Any photos or descriptions about what has or hasn't been done would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rotterdam was in dry-dock at Freeport from 25 Oct - 03 Nov 2017, where the following took place: Showroom atSea changed to “the Mainstage”; Shorex changedto ‘Journey’s ashore’; Front Office changed to ‘Guest Services’; Lincoln CenterStage in the forward part of the Explorers Lounge; Suite upgrades and enhancements, incl. new sofa, lounge and desk chairs, carpetingand wall covers, a quartz stone top on the desk, dresser, nightstands andmakeup vanity. Electronic upgrades include a USB outlet added the bed'sheadboard, LED reading lights and a lighted closet rod. A Bose iPod dockingstation, in-cabin coffee and espresso machine in PS suites only. An interactive TV system on large LED flat-screen TV’swith complimentary movies on demand as well as access to the daily program andshipboard information incl. restaurant overviews, spa services and guestbilling; bathroom enhancements; standard stateroom upgrades incl. wall-mountedflat TV.

Big question... is the wall mounted flat screen interactive TV's installed in ALL cabins, or only the Vista Suites and up ? We are on the Rotterdam in 59 days in a Lanai cabin, and no one has been able to say with certainty that cabins below the suite level have the new TV's. When they installed the flat screen interactive TV's on the Vista class ships, they dumped the old DVD players as well as the DVD lending library at guest services. I would have thought that this major upgrade would be done in all cabins.

Also, do the lanai cabins have a refrigerator ? The HAL web site says "a no-host minibar". A chat with a HAL rep said that yes, the lanai cabins have a mini fridge with beers, wines, liquors, and snacks. Is that also true ??

Rotterdam was in dry-dock at Freeport from 25 Oct - 03 Nov 2017, where the following took place: Showroom atSea changed to “the Mainstage”; Shorex changedto ‘Journey’s ashore’; Front Office changed to ‘Guest Services’; Lincoln CenterStage in the forward part of the Explorers Lounge; Suite upgrades and enhancements, incl. new sofa, lounge and desk chairs, carpetingand wall covers, a quartz stone top on the desk, dresser, nightstands andmakeup vanity. Electronic upgrades include a USB outlet added the bed'sheadboard, LED reading lights and a lighted closet rod. A Bose iPod dockingstation, in-cabin coffee and espresso machine in PS suites only. An interactive TV system on large LED flat-screen TV’swith complimentary movies on demand as well as access to the daily program andshipboard information incl. restaurant overviews, spa services and guestbilling; bathroom enhancements; standard stateroom upgrades incl. wall-mountedflat TV.

Other than the "suite upgrades it sounds like a lot of signs being changed. I mean how long does it take to change the sign that says "front office" to "guest services"?

Big question... is the wall mounted flat screen interactive TV's installed in ALL cabins, or only the Vista Suites and up ? We are on the Rotterdam in 59 days in a Lanai cabin, and no one has been able to say with certainty that cabins below the suite level have the new TV's. When they installed the flat screen interactive TV's on the Vista class ships, they dumped the old DVD players as well as the DVD lending library at guest services. I would have thought that this major upgrade would be done in all cabins.

Also, do the lanai cabins have a refrigerator ? The HAL web site says "a no-host minibar". A chat with a HAL rep said that yes, the lanai cabins have a mini fridge with beers, wines, liquors, and snacks. Is that also true ??

Just got off the Rotterdam Sunday and the old tv's with dvd player were still in the lower promenade rooms. Don't know about the lanai refrigerators, thought those were only in veranda rooms and above. The EXC center still has not been installed.

We upgraded from lanai 3381 (very cramped and glass in door was half fogged-up)) to Neptune Suite for w. Carib. 7-day cruise Dec 31-Jan 7 (last week). Did this when we saw the lanai.. for $1100 upcharge..well worth it. Called Guest Services from lanai cabin, They said “nothing available..oh...well, there's a Neptune suite...” Suite was newly done, beautiful, double size of our usual verandah, best perk was fast, free laundry! My husband was not feeling well and so we took good advantage of the big couch in sitting area with coffee table and two nice chairs and TV. More storage space than we could use. Suite 8007. Neptune Lounge offers snacks all day. Concierge there to help as needed. I had thought being on promenade deck (lanai location) for strolling would have been nice, but it was too chilly to sit or stroll much and you have no privacy (tho the doors have one-way glass.) Sea day coming home I sat on our verandah in my ski jacket and finally went inside. There was little to no hot sunshine on the trip, but, hey, it was -3 in Pittsburgh for days! I thought the ship was overall lovely, well-run, food good (no cooking chores!), friendly, and tho "smaller" it had the usual HAL trimmings. This was HAL #7 for us. Those Caribbean ports are best for water activities and some pyramids. Scenery not spectacular, poverty very visible. I've never seen horses wandered in the streets, thin, some with open sores, dogs running loose and one getting hit by a car... I heard again (and was warned) that ferry ride between Cozumel and mainland is very rough. People got seasick. There are rough currents there. This was our 5th Caribbean cruises, in all directions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just sailed holiday cruise Vista Suite 6208 and NO Vista suites are not considered " real " suites like Neptune Suites. More just an outside veranda cabin. And these were not updated during the recent dry dock except maybe with new couch. Vista " suites " do not have new TV's just a small flatscreen poor resolution 26" or smaller maybe. No on demand, just attached DVD player. My review of this sailing is now up in review section of Cruise Critic.

George in NY

tv.jpg.fcfff9da4a41d18244d4d7a5dc9ca727.jpg

• 1 year later...

We are looking at a Panama Canal Cruise on Rotterdam... any updates on whether cabins refurbished?  Handicap balcony cabin, Lower Promenade.   It's been some time since we've been on HA and this isn't an inexpensive cruise (for us).