viking ocean cruise

NanaCaro

Question for Viking ocean past-cruisers.......is the infinity pool heated? We've never tried an infinity pool.......how did you feel when you got in the water...and there's no obvious edge? I want to try it, but am scared!

infinity pools are cool

first one I saw was on the edge of a cliff. the illusion was that the pool was open to the edge of the cliff and the water fell WAY down!

In truth there is an edge, it is just "this far" below the normal depth of the water & the edges of the other sides are higher .... and there is a catch basin below that catches the water. in other words, you can't fall out unless you try very hard, by climbing over the edge.

Don't miss the Infinity Pool opportunity! You can find CC information over the last three years by using the Search Thread for "infinity pool" on Viking Ocean and Viking Ocean Roll Calls by ship.

Plenty of information compiled for you to peruse with answers to your questions. Do both search thread and show post. Not all are in agreement. Warm/cool, salt/fresh, deep/shallow. You need to experience yourself.

Warm sunny day on our first visit to Dubrovnik, Croatia on the Star Sept 2015. On our 4 VO cruises we will not miss the chance. Be sure to get a picture of you in the pool.

infinitypool.jpg.dff71f97a93770c102754d9efea10b83.jpg

Edited by bcorre2
sp

In that video it looks like people have claimed most of the chairs with their towels, but are not by them or in the water. Is this an issue usually? Easy to find open chairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Question for Viking ocean past-cruisers.......is the infinity pool heated? We've never tried an infinity pool.......how did you feel when you got in the water...and there's no obvious edge? I want to try it, but am scared!

Yes it is heated and the captain usually gives the pool and hot tub temperature during his report at noon .

We were walking up to the ship in Bergen and saw the people in the infinity pool and my wife wife and I both thought of a fish bowl.

Who cares - it’s heated and a couple of glasses of wine you’ll be doing back flips ! Enjoy it , the pool is marvelous!

Best to do the infinity pool on a sea day for me.:p

It’s like you are swimming in a pool that is at least 40 fr above people walking on the pier below . Don’t worry about it ! Go have a wonderful swim .

In that video it looks like people have claimed most of the chairs with their towels, but are not by them or in the water. Is this an issue usually? Easy to find open chairs?

Plenty of lounges and chairs.