Sandcastle beach

travelmama06

The west end beaches were badly eroded by the hurricanes, but they are coming back slowly. Not sure what you mean by "prepared for guests", they can't make the beach come back. The pool deck is clean and ready and they have chairs and umbrellas.

• 2 months later...
I saw a link somewhere in the boards to reserve day passes to sandcastle....does anyone have that link by chance?

I emailed them recently & got the response that they do NOT sell advanced passes. First come get them. When they’re full, they stop selling them. Would love to know which is true. We’ll be on the Jewel docking this coming Monday 🌴🛳

Edited by gskline
Want to follow the thread

I emailed them recently & got the response that they do NOT sell advanced passes. First come get them. When they’re full, they stop selling them. Would love to know which is true. We’ll be on the Jewel docking this coming Monday 🌴🛳

New owners, new rules. I believe it is first come, first served now.

How is the beach area after the hurricane ?

Contacted the resort and they gave me the info for day pass at the resort so I'm assuming the beach is prepared for guests ?

We are in St Croix today and are at Sandcastle Beach Resort. We walked off ship and went to taxi stand inside port area. When we asked about taxi to Sandcastle, we were directed to a stand where a girl sold round trip tickets for $12pp to Sandcastle or Rainbow Beach. We thought it was supposed to be $5 but we bought them and then she said to wait to fill up taxi but we requested they take us now and he did. It was $10 pp to enter Sandcastle which includes chair, WiFi, and fruit or punch. The entrance to the beach is rocky but you can navigate between the smooth rocks. I did not use water shoes because the sand was nice.

We came at 9am and one of first to get here. It never got crowded today as in only about a third of chairs used so it makes me think they don’t sell out especially if you come in morning or early afternoon after some people leave. Our ship the Jewel of Seas did list Rainbow and Sandcastle as beaches to go. We were only ship in town. I asked and they said they don’t normally sell out. Really enjoyed our day here

We came at 9am and one of first to get here. It never got crowded today as in only about a third of chairs used so it makes me think they don’t sell out especially if you come in morning or early afternoon after some people leave. Our ship the Jewel of Seas did list Rainbow and Sandcastle as beaches to go. We were only ship in town. I asked and they said they don’t normally sell out. Really enjoyed our day here

We just realized the disadvantage of using the $12 for 2 people prepay. We have to wait on that taxi individual to come get us instead of paying the $5 taxi fare and going back to ship with any taxi. So FYI go outside gate and pay $5 to regular taxi😊

We went to Rainbow are planning to go to Sandcastles. Rainbow has chairs and umbrellas. $10 ea The cab stand pushed us toward Rainbow but it was very crowded. The bar would not even sell us food to take to chairs.

That had a lot of fresh deep sand in the chair area but in the water it is very rocky. We took water shoes and I would strongly recommend them. Ours were like $15 or on amazon.

I think we would have traded the more sand on the beach for the less crowded Sandcastles. Need the water shoes their as well I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just realized the disadvantage of using the $12 for 2 people prepay. We have to wait on that taxi individual to come get us instead of paying the $5 taxi fare and going back to ship with any taxi. So FYI go outside gate and pay $5 to regular taxi😊

We were also there Monday off the Jewel of the Seas. The only thing I can add to “late bloomer’s” post is that I talked to one of the owners. Chris said that they were down TWO feet of sand!!! The stairs down to the beach were closed because the water washed away the sand under them. They pulled away from the pool area & sank down.

We also had the same problem with the taxi. We waited 30 minutes for them to pick us up. Finally I asked the front desk to call someone. We waited another 15 minutes! Good thing we didn’t cut it too close to get back to the Ship🛳!!

We were on the West End today with friends and took a moment to stop by Sandcastles to see what it is like on a cruise ship day (Serenade of the Seas was in port). There were quite a few cruisers there both on the beach and by the pool. We met one of the owners, Ted, and he confirmed that they charge $10 per person for a lounge chair and a rum punch. They do not have enough sand post-Maria to use umbrellas.

We thought it looked like a nice place to spend the day off the boat. While we prefer Rainbow Beach usually, I can understand how that may get super-crowded on a cruise ship day (we avoid it then). Rainbow has more sand and more of a beach bar vibe. Sandcastles has more natural shade and is quieter. Ted told us that they tend to get an older crowd who prefer a quieter atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

Sand Castle on the Beach was a great place to spend the day. Ted, the owner, was a great guy. We took a group of about 60 people. They said that they have never run out of daypasses. The beach is starting to come back, but there is a lot of rock at the edge of the beach where it meets the surf. There are some areas that you can enter on sand to get out to swim. There is some good snorkeling available there. The sand is deep enough for umbrellas now.

• 4 months later...

Yes, Sandcastles has a restroom as it is a hotel and restaurant.

There is a restaurant that is open for lunch.

And it is probably about a mile or so from the Frederiksted pier but most people chose to get a taxi there. Last year, we saw a couple walking that way as we drove out to a further beach and gave them a ride as we were certain they were cruisers going to Sandcastles.