Thanksgiving Freedom Cruise 2017...Lots of Pics

cruisewithwife

I am enjoying the review! Love your photos! Your kids are ADORABLE. I do have to agree with you on desserts...they may look good but most of them are awful. I'll take the fruit...they can't suck the flavor out of that can they? And congrats to your Houston Astros. I'm a Cubs fan myself but once my boys were gone I was so happy yours won. I love how you guys represent your team with your shirts!!! When we travel everyone asks if we are from Chicago because we own more Cubs merchandise than the CUBS do ROFL. I have to say your photos made me miss some of my favorite " on board foods" !!!

I am enjoying the review! Love your photos! Your kids are ADORABLE. I do have to agree with you on desserts...they may look good but most of them are awful. I'll take the fruit...they can't suck the flavor out of that can they? And congrats to your Houston Astros. I'm a Cubs fan myself but once my boys were gone I was so happy yours won. I love how you guys represent your team with your shirts!!! When we travel everyone asks if we are from Chicago because we own more Cubs merchandise than the CUBS do ROFL. I have to say your photos made me miss some of my favorite " on board foods" !!!

Thanks...we are Minnesota Twins fans at heart but when they lose out have to represent the new hometown. As I write the review it makes me miss the food and makes me keep looking how many more days until the next cruise haha

The girls had the Fusili and mushroom cream sauce this was very good

enhance

Since it was Thanksgiving and all we figured they should get a turkey plate as well

enhance

I thought long and hard hmm turkey dinner or shrimp and filet mignon. Ya I didn't think much about it all

enhance

The filet was delicious

enhance

Tonight's dinner menu which I must say was disappointing for Thanksgiving

enhance

This was the pumkin gingerbread dessert thing and too much chocolate for me...good thing I had my butter pecan ice cream

enhance

Then those famous words ladies and gentlemen Showtime

enhance

enhance

Here are 3 video clips of tonight's dancing and singing

[YOUTUBE]49ZlaCk2erA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sVEGFczI6Lc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5gEu0AKnljE[/YOUTUBE]

After dinner we went up to the lido deck to see if they had traditional pumpkin pie or pecan pie which they didn't but they did have some cool carvings

enhance

enhance

I believe we ended up going to a comedy show which was decent then back to the room to find out towel animal and rest up for another seaday tomorrow

enhance

We were now off to the Cat in the Hat Breakfast. You have to make reservations and pay $5 per person to attend this. It is well worth the money especially with kids

enhance

enhance

Waiting to get seated

enhance

We got to our table in which they have many decorations

enhance

The oldest checking out the menu

enhance

Can you tell the little one was excited

enhance

The oldest had the leaning stack of pancakes

enhance

I went with the steak and eggs with double steak because this was the last time I was going to be able to get it

enhance

The little one went with fruit loops french toast

enhance

DW had the green eggs and ham which the girls wrinkled their nose at but I believe ended up eating almost half of it

enhance

They also shared some waffles

enhance

The strawberry parfait for dessert was delicious

enhance

The girls each trying the green eggs

enhance

enhance

Then it was time for the waiters to perform a dance in which they were all dressed up with Thing tshirts

enhance

The last character to come out for pictures was Sam I am

enhance

The girls got autographs from everyone which in reality was a stamp

enhance

DW decided to rest in the room. I took a trip up to the whirlpool inside the gym area. This is very relaxing and has a hot tub and a pool that is very warm. I relaxed in there for a while but did not get any pictures, then it was back to room. DW and I decided to go to the Seaday Brunch right before it shutdown since the kids were still at Camp Ocean.

enhance

enhance

We tried the popovers which many people say are amazing however we did not find them good at all

enhance

I had some fried chicken mac n cheese which was pretty good

enhance

I also had the Hey Pork Chop and yes it was just as good the second time...only 305 more days til I get to enjoy that again

enhance

DW tried the pasta thing which she was not that big of a fan

enhance

After that I went to get the girl's from Camp Ocean...they had lots to talk about as there was a magician there. We walked by the ice cutting while heading to lido buffet

enhance

The chocolate extravaganza was going on so the girls had to get some stuff

enhance

enhance

I tried a few things but no chocolate fountain for me

enhance

Before heading back I had to check out the buffet and the last sea day they have these egg rolls that remind me of Chili's southwest egg rolls and are delicious along with some chicken tenders

enhance

The girls requested to get one more dose of mac n cheese before the end of the cruise

enhance

When we got back to the room the girls had a surprise waiting for them. The mom and daughter the oldest played yahtzee with had sent treats to the room from the candy shop

enhance

enhance

We got our debarkation tags and letter as well. With FTTF we would be one of the first people off the ship in the morning

enhance

enhance

enhance

Here is a pic of the hop on hop off trolley map from in Key West

enhance

There was some trivia in the Atrium so we headed down to that after getting dressed for dinner

enhance

Attempted pic of us

enhance

We were getting closer to home as you start to see things in the water

enhance

Off to the tasting bar before dinner

enhance

The pepper pot was very good the sweet potato thing wasn't too bad actually

enhance

Last dinner in the main dining room

enhance

enhance

enhance

The little one started with some mango cream soup. I think she tried all the cold soups but nothing compared to her strawberry soup

enhance

Here was the item the oldest had talked about all the time leading up to the cruise....frog legs

enhance

I tried the steamed mussels and realized I was not a fan

enhance

The bbq chicken flatbread is one of the better appetizers

enhance

DW had some shrimp cocktail

enhance

Here was the oldest trying her frog legs and that was all she had of them haha.....none of cared for them we had them on some of our cruises 5 plus years ago and they were delicious then

enhance

The oldest asked for mac n cheese and they brought her a huge bowl...it was actually pretty good

enhance

The youngest had some of the ravioli which was very good

enhance