Crown Princess info/pics of L106 suite?

mamaboss

Just took an upsell to L106 on the Crown and not finding too much info on this suite. Curious as to how balcony is set up and what it looks like. From what I gather from description it doesn't have a walk in shower like the other suites. Hope I'm wrong. I have only been in penthouse suites. TIA for any info I can get.

Just off the Caribbean Princess last week and had L106 on that ship. I believe the Crown will have the same configuration for that suite. The bathroom is small for a suite and has a combination tub and shower. Balcony is large but narrow. Occasionally some noise from treadmills in the Spa on above deck.

Yes, should be same set up. I was hoping the balcony was wider than the penthouse suites. Am disappointed in the shower/tub combo as my mom is 92 and can't step over it. She can shower in the spa. Thank you for your input!

and again, I learned something new on CC - never been in a suite, yet, but now know to ask about the shower/tub combo, as that is one reason why we don't book a mini, but rather have a deluxe balc.

The penthouse suites on Riviera deck have lovely bathrooms. Very roomy separate shower. Shower and bath tub are separated from commode and sink.

Olney: I didn't even think to check utube! I did look. Excellent video. I hope the balcony furniture is different because in that video it only shows 2 chairs and metal table like a regular balcony cabin. :( Thank you again!

• 1 month later...
Yes, should be same set up. I was hoping the balcony was wider than the penthouse suites. Am disappointed in the shower/tub combo as my mom is 92 and can't step over it. She can shower in the spa. Thank you for your input!
WOW 92 God bless her Hope she enjoyed the cruise

WOW 92 God bless her Hope she enjoyed the cruise[/quote

We didn't go yet, but she will enjoy it for sure!

We ended up switching to a handicap suite on deck 14, that will be better as her knees are pretty bad. Wasn't for her knees she would forget she's 92! Lol

WOW 92 God bless her Hope she enjoyed the cruise[/quote

We didn't go yet, but she will enjoy it for sure!

We ended up switching to a handicap suite on deck 14, that will be better as her knees are pretty bad. Wasn't for her knees she would forget she's 92! Lol

When are you going.. we are going this friday to eastern caribbean

Mamaboss, I would love it if you could let us know after the cruise what you thought about the handicapped accessible suite. We unfortunately require a HC cabin, but have only done the balconies to date. Would to hear what you think about the HC suites.

I will definitely come back and comment because I know that kind of info isn't easy to find. I will take pics also.

Def have your mother use the spa showers. Getting into, and out of, that tub is tricky especially if you have bad knees.

[/quote

Yes, I know it's difficult to get in and out. She has taken showers in the spa when we booked regular mini's. We have changed that suite for a handicap one so no worries. For next year we were able to get one of the new handicap suites for the price of a mini on the Island so no worry next year. Although I hear those new suites have very loud vibrations. Oh well, we'll see. Happy Cruising!