May 4th sailing - questions

shirljean

My hubby is concerned about desserts (he loves 'em). Anyone been with Lirica that can tell us about the desserts? Also more info on the size of the cabins?

Someone asked about the Discover card & I called the 800 number & was told they do not accept Discover on board, but will accept it for booking cruises.

YIPEE!! Someone else is joining us on the May 4 cruise!

I'm traveling with my Dad who has a sweet tooth...he usually eats his dessert and the rest of mine after I've had a taste. I always throw a bag of Hershey Kisses in the luggage. A couple of those and a cup of coffee fills in for him if dessert isn't quite sweet enough.

We are looking forward to seeing others we have met on the boards. Less than two weeks to go!!

Hi Shirljean. Just back from Panama Canal + S & C America on MSC Lirica. It was my 10th cruise & imo it was up there in the top 3. All of the food was excellent & there were plenty of desserts. I am a "sweet-a-holic" & I have no complaints. One really special treat was at "tea" one afternoon on Deck 11 -- they had an incredible selection of wonderful Italian pastries. Get there on time & get what you want 'cause they went really fast. Stuff I used to see in the Italian bakeries years ago in N.J. I would book MSC again in a heartbeat. Bon Voyage! (Color me green with nv) icon_biggrin.gif

Dinner was at 6 or 8. Tea & Cakes daily at 3:45. Fresh pasta every day -- lunch & dinner. Also, a different pasta freshly prepared right near the lunch grill every lunchtime. So put in some extra treadmill time before you leave. Heehee!!

Blossomlass, Thanks for the review, we have gotten some bad reviews & a few good ones. This being your 10th, it should more weight than some who haven't sailed much. Was your cabin small? And what about the closets & drawer space? Being we will be gone 11 days, I will be taking quite a bit of "stuff". (smile) I see you are from Tampa - we are in Winter Haven. Again thanks for your response.

Also, thanks to NoCaper for your reply. Only five days til sailtime!

Shirljean -- Good Morning. My cabin was inside on Deck 8. It was no smaller than the Costa Mediterranea I sailed on in December but considering the fact that sleeping, dressing, showering are the only real reasons to be in cabin, I was fine with it. You will have double closets plus a closet which has a bank of deep, large drawers with shelves above all of this. Also night stand cubbies & drawer & cubbies under corner vanity. Large mirror above vanity which swings out to reveal safe & more shelves. Bathroom has storage below sink & 2 glass shelves. I never have enough room in any ship bathroom for cosmetic items but then I don't have enough room in my home bathroom either. Heehee I take a lot of 'stuff' too & I had plenty of room. I always carry several wire hangers in the bottom of my suitcase cause I never have what I need in any cabin & I did use all I brought. I thought the corner shower was small but learned to get wet, open curtain, soap up then close curtain & rinse. Worked for me. If I can give you any other info, feel free to ask. Btw, what is your itin? Which ship are you going on? Let me know. icon_cool.gif

Blossomlass, thanks so much for your description of the cabin, that has helped me out a lot. We are going on the south Caribbean trip on the Lirica. A little trick for bathroom stuff, I bought one of those plastic folding, over-the-door shoe holders. I not only use the bottom slots for shoes, but in the top parts I put my hairbrush, my hair dryer, curling iron, shampoo/conditioner & any other thing that I can't find room for in the bathroom. I have found some ship bathroom doors aren't big enough to hold the holder, so I hang it on one of the closet doors (on the inside) Works for me!

Thanks again - five days, and counting!

Hi to all of you . I sure wish I was going along.I am sure you will have a great time . I just wanted to say I thought the ice cream was the best desserts on the Lirica . When we were on it they had home made ice cream. Not sure what they have now . We were a little dissapointed with most of the desserts. That may have changed . Looking forward to hearing from all of you on your return. Happy cruising

Diane

Diane, http://cruiseclues.com

Sitmar Fairsky 84, Song of America 86, Costa Rivera 87, Noordam 87, Sky Princess 89, RCL Crown Odyssey 91, Regal Princess 92, Zenith 93, Century 96, Sun Princess 97, Statendam 98, Legend of the Seas 99, Renaissance R4 00, Volendam 01, Disney Magic 02, Enchantment of the Seas 02, Disney Wonder 02, Galaxy 03, Upcoming MSC Lirica 04

Archived